Guide me TLS

Darmody

Guide me TLS

Postby Darmody » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 pm

I had a 144 cold diagnostic. Went thru the Powerscore Bibles and Manhattan Series multiple times and drilled LR and LG. Now, my PTs (about 9 so far) are ranging from 157-161. I consistently get around -1 to -3 on LG and I'm sure I can perfect this, but RC and LR are killing me. When I do LR drilling un-timed, my accuracy is around 90% on level 1 and 2 difficulties. On PT, I am very inconsistent and range -5 to -10. For RC, I am also very inconsistent and have ranged from -1 to -14. I understand all the question stems, types, approaches, and have adapted to what I feel most comfortable with, but the scores are not improving. Where do I go from here? I just order the LSAT Trainer and hoping this can help me master LR and RC. LG is very methodical and I know with almost absolute certainty, but I can't develop this confidence for the other sections. I've heard some say that because the LSAT is all logic based and tests how you think, that there are caps to the level of improvement for people. I'm losing hope and don't want to believe this is my limit, but it's tough when the scores are not going up. (actually went down after I drilled....wtf)

I have signed up for the Feb LSAT. I'm planning to postpone till June. I'm shooting for a 170+ (applying with 3.85 to 3.90 GPA)

Colgate87

Re: Guide me TLS

Postby Colgate87 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:52 pm

I feel your pain. LG is my strong point, I have dedicated so much effort into trying to improve on LR and RC. Manhattan and the Trainer are great materials as far as really understanding flaws, and learning to read for structure. I was doing great on older tests, but for some reason the logic on the more recent tests is killing me. I feel like I have the potential to hit the high 160's, but something is off. This has to be a huge joke, and for some reason we aren't in on it. I'm signed up for the Feb test as well, and think this will be my final attempt at this test. I'm just going to continue taking time test until I see a jump. If you find any additional advice, please feel free to share.

WaltGrace83

Re: Guide me TLS

Postby WaltGrace83 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Darmody wrote:I had a 144 cold diagnostic. Went thru the Powerscore Bibles and Manhattan Series multiple times and drilled LR and LG. Now, my PTs (about 9 so far) are ranging from 157-161. I consistently get around -1 to -3 on LG and I'm sure I can perfect this, but RC and LR are killing me. When I do LR drilling un-timed, my accuracy is around 90% on level 1 and 2 difficulties. On PT, I am very inconsistent and range -5 to -10. For RC, I am also very inconsistent and have ranged from -1 to -14. I understand all the question stems, types, approaches, and have adapted to what I feel most comfortable with, but the scores are not improving. Where do I go from here? I just order the LSAT Trainer and hoping this can help me master LR and RC. LG is very methodical and I know with almost absolute certainty, but I can't develop this confidence for the other sections. I've heard some say that because the LSAT is all logic based and tests how you think, that there are caps to the level of improvement for people. I'm losing hope and don't want to believe this is my limit, but it's tough when the scores are not going up. (actually went down after I drilled....wtf)

I have signed up for the Feb LSAT. I'm planning to postpone till June. I'm shooting for a 170+ (applying with 3.85 to 3.90 GPA)

Postpone.

You will do yourself no favors by going into the test not prepared. Plus, there is really nothing to gain with a February score: either you are too late for this cycle or you are too early for the next.

As for your problems, I am in the earlier stages of my prep so I won't offer much advice but I have noticed that the gains I make are in REVIEW. I dissect every LR stimulus and try to really see what this test is getting after. I haven't taken any real PTs but my diagnostic was a 151 with a -11/-14 on LR and I took a few sections the other day and I got a -4/-6. I am about halfway through the trainer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”