New LR are much trickier than old PT LR's

withoutapaddle

New LR are much trickier than old PT LR's

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:26 am

Just did the June LSAT 2013 PT and I found the LR to much trickier in some of the answers wording (specifically questions 20-25) more answers seem correct imo

Anyone else think the newer LR is more difficult?

I find the games to be easier though

Louis1127

Re: New LR are much trickier than old PT LR's

Postby Louis1127 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:54 am

I am drilling LR right now from PT 1-39. These LR seem a little easier and more straight-forward than the ones I've seen from recent tests, but I have not even come close to doing all of them yet. So I agree w/ you.

Darmody

Postby Darmody » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

Oh lawd. So the easiest section for me got easier (LG, -0 to -3 on a really bad day) and the hardest section for me (LR) got harder on the recent tests? This does not help me at all...

Tlucidum

Postby Tlucidum » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:38 am

Interesting, I actually find new LR to be noticeably easier and better written than old LR. I suppose we all have different strengths, but I'd be curious to know why different people have conflicting experiences with this.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:05 am

Tlucidum wrote:Interesting, I actually find new LR to be noticeably easier and better written than old LR. I suppose we all have different strengths, but I'd be curious to know why different people have conflicting experiences with this.

I agree. I like the newer LR better than the older. However, I think it varies by type - for instance, I don't think the new or old SA are that different/hard, but I find the older flaw questions more difficult to wrap my head around.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:19 am

I have not seen many new questions from new tests (50 and above). However, I did look at a few questions on PT 50 for fun today to see what all the hype was about. I think they are looking much more clear-cut. Now of course this is me assuming that what I saw in one section of one test is indicative of ALL pts 50 and above. Thus I really have no basis.

However, if the new LR questions are "less wordy" as many people have said, more "clean" in the sense that they rely less on tricks and more on logic, and "better written," wouldn't this undoubtedly make them easier?

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:44 am

I would have thought the opposite - that LR has gotten trickier and wordier (PT 70 and PT 71). LG though has gotten more straightforward in my opinion.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 pm

No doubt the difficulty level of LR is steadily evolving.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Some of the old LR questions are messed up. The new ones are well written, so I find them easier, but nothing too noticeable. Personally, I think it's all in your head, the lsat is the lsat.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”