PT 53 S3 Q21

eddiemen2a

PT 53 S3 Q21

Postby eddiemen2a » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am

I'm having a hard time accepting C as the answer. I narrowed it down to C and B but on answer choice C it says "reduce the threat posed by the waste" and in the stimulus it says "significant risks associated with delays in moving the waste from its present unsafe LOCATION". So I figured the location was risky, not the waste

Help?
Thanks

Jeffort

Re: PT 53 S3 Q21

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:02 am

Re-read the first sentence of the stimulus. It's hazardous waste, therefore it's unsafe.

The current location is considered unsafe due to containment issues. The location is considered to be unsafe because it doesn't contain the waste safely. The location isn't just an unsafe for anything place that is unsafe with or without the waste, it's an unsafe place to store hazardous waste if it doesn't contain it well and the hazardous stuff gets out. The hazardous waste is obviously the risky stuff if it gets out/isn't contained properly, since it's err, hazardous. The waste is the core source of risk when it's not contained properly. That's the core topic of discussion in the passage, safe containment of hazardous waste.

eddiemen2a

Re: PT 53 S3 Q21

Postby eddiemen2a » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:34 am

Thank you. It's clear now

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”