How to review Logical Reasoning sections?

How to review Logical Reasoning sections?

Postby WaltGrace83 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I thought there would be plenty of threads on this but I didn't find any (maybe the search engine cannot detect "LR" very well and we don't really type out "Logical Reasoning" too often

I used to type why each answer was correct and each answer was incorrect but that became so mentally exhausting that it became more of a chore than a way to learn. While I am sure it IS beneficial, it loses a lot of benefit when you are just slogging away at answer choices that you were never tricked by in the first place.

Thus, I have taken my modified blind review method and I want to modify it a little more. I took a blank copy of the LR section that I completed and I underlined the premises and bracketed the conclusions again and just circled key words that made each answer right/wrong for the ones I had not too much problem with. I couple with this with active thinking about why I am circling these words, what they mean, and their implications to the rightness/wrongness of the question. This makes it so that I can go through the first 10 to 15 within about 30 minutes rather than 4-5 hours that it used to take. However, I am also worried that this makes me learn less about the actual LOGIC of the test - perhaps I only understood these "easy" questions because they were "easy" questions and not because I understood the actual logic going on. I don't know, I am just discussing some of my concerns.

However, when I get to these really tough questions (those that I circled when I was doing the LR section), what is the "best" way that will be sufficient for improvement? I have been keeping all the ones I get wrong in a folder on my computer, going over the premises/conclusion, figuring out why each Q was wrong/right, why I thought the right was "wrong," and why I thought the wrong was "right." Is there anything else I should be considering? I am early in my prep and I have until June....I just want to do this correct and make my review into actual learning.

Re: How to review Logical Reasoning sections?

Postby Logicgames14 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Go to manhattan's website they break down every logical reasoning section

Re: How to review Logical Reasoning sections?

Postby acr » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Logicgames14 wrote:Go to manhattan's website they break down every logical reasoning section

I would have not achieved my good score on LR without Matt.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”