Help me improve LR please!

TLS2011

Help me improve LR please!

Postby TLS2011 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:58 pm

I am consistently getting -6/-7 on LR. I have thought about going back through the PS bible, but I am indecisive on if that would be the best method since the test is four weeks out. Anyone else in a similar situation? I considered just drilling over and over again, but I'm not sure if that would be the best use of my time right now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

BPlaura

Re: Help me improve LR please!

Postby BPlaura » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm

You'll probably need to provide more details to get better answers to this question. I'd say that going through the whole PS bible is probably not the best use of your time - since the test is so soon, more focused study would be better.

Your first task will be to try to figure out why you're getting those questions wrong. Since you're getting most of the section right, it sounds like you've got a good grasp of the fundamentals, which means you need to start looking at the small ways LSAC tries to trick you on each question. You may also be:
- running out of time at the end of the section and rushing?
- not taking the time to prephrase/anticipate the right answer or otherwise rushing the process for each question?
- reading too quickly and making silly mistakes?
- still struggling with a certain skill, such as using conditional logic or identifying flaws (note that this skill is used in many question types in addition to Flaw questions - for instance, Strengthen, Weaken, Sufficient, Necessary, Parallel Flaw questions all require you to be able to find flaws)?
- still struggling with certain types of questions?

If you can figure out the problem(s), you'll be able to figure out a much more effective approach.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”