LSAT prep strategy with Manhattan + preptests

cpena1991

LSAT prep strategy with Manhattan + preptests

Postby cpena1991 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi guys,

A little background: I took the Oct. LSAT and scored 165, much lower than I was scoring on PTs (170+ consistently). I went through the testmasters course before the test. Now I am going to self study until the June exam and retake.

Following the advice on here and other sites I purchased the Manhattan Bundle and test 29-38, 52-70. I didnt purchase 40-50 because they're really expensive.

I want to know what method I should use to go about my studying. Should I focus on one book at a time or mix it up? Should I purchase any other practice tests? Do you know where I can get 40-50 for less?

I have 21 weeks.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: LSAT prep strategy with Manhattan + preptests

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm

cpena1991 wrote:Hi guys,

A little background: I took the Oct. LSAT and scored 165, much lower than I was scoring on PTs (170+ consistently). I went through the testmasters course before the test. Now I am going to self study until the June exam and retake.

Following the advice on here and other sites I purchased the Manhattan Bundle and test 29-38, 52-70. I didnt purchase 40-50 because they're really expensive.

I want to know what method I should use to go about my studying. Should I focus on one book at a time or mix it up? Should I purchase any other practice tests? Do you know where I can get 40-50 for less?

I have 21 weeks.

We're also happy to provide you a syllabus. e-mail me at noah@manhattanlsat.com and I can point you towards that.

Generally, we recommend students move between topics (LR, LG, RC). One reason to do this is that some topics reinforce others (particularly RC and LR). Also, your brain needs time to assimilate what you're learning in each topic.

Nonconsecutive

Re: LSAT prep strategy with Manhattan + preptests

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Generally, we recommend students move between topics (LR, LG, RC). One reason to do this is that some topics reinforce others (particularly RC and LR). Also, your brain needs time to assimilate what you're learning in each topic.

I followed this advice, I alternated days between sections. For some a more honed focus is better, but I liked mixing it up. It also helped me stay on schedule since I wasn't seeing the exact same stuff day in and day out. Manhattan was part of my self study, and I do not believe you will regret your purchase.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”