family emergency and lsat planning?

cavalier2015

family emergency and lsat planning?

Postby cavalier2015 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm

i need some help planning my studies. due to some unforeseen family emergencies I had to fly abroad yesterday. in the hurry of packing for a flight less than 6 hours from taking off, I forgot to pack any of my LSAT books. I will not be back in the states till the 12th. I have the following materials: Trainer, Logic Games Bible, Bluescore LG, and Manhattan LR. I also plan to buy the Cambridge packets immediately after coming back. I am really new to the LSAT studying stuff and was hoping if some of the more expereinced members (or anyone really!) can offer me a rough timetable of how I should divide materials for the JUNE lsat? Should I aim to finish all the "studying" (meaning going through all the books) by mid Feb and then aim to drill and PT from mid Feb to test time? Or is that too long or too short? Any advice would be great.

I apologize for creating a thread for this even though I posted this in the JUNE 2014 lsat group. the discussion in that thread progressed towards drilling and i didn't want to bring this back up in there.

Louis1127

Re: family emergency and lsat planning?

Postby Louis1127 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Cav,

Didn't respond to you in the study group b/c of your preference of more experienced ppl commenting. I assume you mean you'll be back in the states on January 12?

It sounds like this isn't as problematic as you may think. I think your family situation may be causing this to seem more stressful than it really is- precisely because of the stress your family situation is causing. You are at the very beginning of your prep, so if you don't really get started studying until Jan 12, you still have six months to prepare. And even then, you can always postpone till Oct (in this case Sept) if you're not ready.

Now if you meant you'll be without materials until Feb 12, that's a different story. That will cause you to alter your study plans to a much greater extent. But even then the above still applies.

cavalier2015

Postby cavalier2015 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

thanks louis for replying and yeah I meant i will be back in the states on Jan 12th. I am kind of in a panic mode after seeing all of June 2014 thread get full of so many LR questions, so many Cambridge drilling stuff…makes me feel like shit for not starting yet.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm

6 months is plenty of study time. Just focus on your family for now and don't worry about the LSAT.

runthetrap

Postby runthetrap » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:05 pm

BigZuck wrote:6 months is plenty of study time. Just focus on your family for now and don't worry about the LSAT.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 pm

runthetrap wrote:
BigZuck wrote:6 months is plenty of study time. Just focus on your family for now and don't worry about the LSAT.

Yeah, seriously, this.

Louis1127

Postby Louis1127 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:35 am

cavalier2015 wrote:thanks louis for replying and yeah I meant i will be back in the states on Jan 12th. I am kind of in a panic mode after seeing all of June 2014 thread get full of so many LR questions, so many Cambridge drilling stuff…makes me feel like shit for not starting yet.

While some of us have indeed been drilling (not me), I think it was just that many of us got to the lessons in the Trainer that had some deep LR stuff :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”