June 2014 Retakers

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

rebexness wrote:PT 63

LR 1: -2
LG: -0
LR 2: -6
RC: -3
EXP LG: -1

Raw: 90
Score: 170

Interestingly- I took this test last august and got a 169- breakdown exactly the same except for 1 additional miss in the first LR section.


Well done! :)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:36 pm

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 pm

jk148706 wrote:Guys. We're like in the home stretch.


Not yet, but we are getting there...

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Guys. We're like in the home stretch.


Not yet, but we are getting there...


50 days. :shock:

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm

rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Guys. We're like in the home stretch.


Not yet, but we are getting there...


50 days. :shock:


LOL we will panic when we get to day 10! :)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:20 pm

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:20 pm

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Guys. We're like in the home stretch.


Not yet, but we are getting there...


50 days. :shock:


LOL we will panic when we get to day 10! :)


Psh we won't be panicking - we got this. PT 72 ain't no thing.

User avatar
foamborn
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby foamborn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

Has anyone here tried doing sub-35 minute sections or shortened PTs? I was thinking about trying it to force myself to speed up some but don't know if it's really very useful.

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:50 am

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby alecks » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:21 pm

took PT 63, got a 166. I think part of my downfall in February was taking 2 sections break 2 sections break, because by the 3rd section I was not at all happy. so I did 3 sections, break 1 section like I was supposed to:

This was my breakdown

1 LR -1
2 LG -2
3 LR -7
4 RC -6

WTF -7 on that 3rd section???? gotta build my stamina. I'm looking for a 168-169 here so I'm not too far away. hopefully that'll improve with time.

also, pretty nervous about not having fresh PTs left. I probably have some from the 40s I haven't taken but still, scary.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:30 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:Hey guys/gals,

Here from the other june study group thread. I had a quick question.

How do we get fee waivers??? I was pondering on the fact of applying to a bunch of schools, but man, that would be expensive.

Do we send them an e-mail or call? or do they give it to us??

thanks


Jay-

Once you have signed up for CRS, you will start getting them via email (all the time). The quality of waiver depends on your LSAT score (if you have one on file) and your GPA. Everyone gets them from TTTs. They tend to come in the largest waves (ime) after score releases.

You can also request them via email from schools. "My name is XXX, LSAC # XXX, and my GPA/LSAT are XXX". There is a spreadsheet (somewhere- from last year i think?) with the breakdown of how many schools do their waivers (solicited or not, need based only, etc)

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

161 PT 53

LR -3
LG -6
LR -0
RC -14 lol

I have no idea what to do about RC. LG was a stupid mistake that made me run out of time and miss the last game entirely. But I think I can fix that by test day with my drilling plan. As for RC, I felt so lost as I read the passages and I feel like I didn't retain as much info as I should have before going to the questions. I'm gonna try to see if spending an extra minute reviewing each passage does anything helpful. Any and all suggestions welcome!

User avatar
SpiritofFire
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby SpiritofFire » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:41 pm

dasani13 wrote:161 PT 53

LR -3
LG -6
LR -0
RC -14 lol

I have no idea what to do about RC. LG was a stupid mistake that made me run out of time and miss the last game entirely. But I think I can fix that by test day with my drilling plan. As for RC, I felt so lost as I read the passages and I feel like I didn't retain as much info as I should have before going to the questions. I'm gonna try to see if spending an extra minute reviewing each passage does anything helpful. Any and all suggestions welcome!


Ouch, what a waste of good LR sections.

I'm not an expert, but I think trying to retain as much information as possible is kind of futile, especially for dense passages. I think if you take certain the text as pieces of an argument, it'll make more sense.

And I started having lsat dreams this past weekend. It starts.

User avatar
dd235
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dd235 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:04 pm

dasani13 wrote:161 PT 53

LR -3
LG -6
LR -0
RC -14 lol

I have no idea what to do about RC. LG was a stupid mistake that made me run out of time and miss the last game entirely. But I think I can fix that by test day with my drilling plan. As for RC, I felt so lost as I read the passages and I feel like I didn't retain as much info as I should have before going to the questions. I'm gonna try to see if spending an extra minute reviewing each passage does anything helpful. Any and all suggestions welcome!


I just took PT 53 and the RC gave me a ton of trouble as well... hopefully its just this PT. It took me like 25 minutes to get through the first two passages. Very frustrating. Other than RC, I thought the PT went really well though!

NotHermione
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby NotHermione » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:43 pm

PT 60

LR: -1
LG: -2
LR: -2
RC: -2

Score: 174

Feeling pretty fantastic - highest score yet. However, I took PT 59 the day before and got a 169. I really need to close up that score range. Any suggestions? (other than drilling LG, of course)

Reboot_the_Robot
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Reboot_the_Robot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:47 am

Took my first new test this weekend, PT 64:
LR (combined): -5
LG: -1
RC: -1

I think that's the best I've ever done on RC! Hopefully I'll be able to improve on inference and identify the flaw questions in the next month.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Reboot_the_Robot wrote:Took my first new test this weekend, PT 64:
LR (combined): -5
LG: -1
RC: -1

I think that's the best I've ever done on RC! Hopefully I'll be able to improve on inference and identify the flaw questions in the next month.


Nicely done!

That LG has that mfing bicycle game, right? Thats on my T10 of most hated games.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 pm

http://theweek.com/article/index/260112 ... law-school

Articles like these are bothersome… :|

If someone needs something to read during a break this should be an interesting read :?

User avatar
WaltGrace83
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby WaltGrace83 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:http://theweek.com/article/index/260112 ... law-school

Articles like these are bothersome… :|

If someone needs something to read during a break this should be an interesting read :?


He went to Oklahoma. He probably got a 15x on his LSAT. His reasoning is probably stupid.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby alecks » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:18 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:http://theweek.com/article/index/260112 ... law-school

Articles like these are bothersome… :|

If someone needs something to read during a break this should be an interesting read :?


He went to Oklahoma. He probably got a 15x on his LSAT. His reasoning is probably stupid.


smells like this guy is bitter he doesn't have a job lined up

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:51 pm

One of the Erics and I won't be able to review 54 tonight :( You guys can review without us if you want or just join us tomorrow night.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:http://theweek.com/article/index/260112 ... law-school

Articles like these are bothersome… :|

If someone needs something to read during a break this should be an interesting read :?


He went to Oklahoma. He probably got a 15x on his LSAT. His reasoning is probably stupid.


Could be!

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 pm

NotHermione wrote:PT 60

LR: -1
LG: -2
LR: -2
RC: -2

Score: 174

Feeling pretty fantastic - highest score yet. However, I took PT 59 the day before and got a 169. I really need to close up that score range. Any suggestions? (other than drilling LG, of course)


Nice!! good job :)

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

In games, do you guys begin creating the main diagram after you read all the rules or after the first paragraph of the stim but before the rules?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests