June 2014 Retakers

User avatar
foamborn
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby foamborn » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Man the PT 48 curve sucks.

Biglawsurvivor25
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Biglawsurvivor25 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:25 pm

SPAM

bostonlegal2148
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby bostonlegal2148 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm

bostonlegal2148 wrote:Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?


5 hour energy or caffeine pills maybe?

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby alecks » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

bostonlegal2148 wrote:Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?


I can only do 2, 2.5 hours after work max. I usually start around 630/7 and am done by 8 or 9. There's just no way that extra hour or two I could stay up for would be valuable to me. Just the nature of working full time :/

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm

We're starting PT 52 review now in case anyone else wants to join :)

User avatar
Jack Reagan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Jack Reagan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 am

Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 am

Jack Reagan wrote:Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!


Damn a 179? You're slacking. hah. If you need motivation to review RC you're welcome to join our review sessions. :) We get together almost every other day and review the PTs we took.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 am

sashafierce wrote:So I decided to go by my Mom's house yesterday to check up on her. While I was out a busted pipe in an adjacent apartment (its an empty apartment that my landlord is renovating) flooded my apartment.

All of my books were stacked on the floor because I have no shelf space. All of my Prep books are gone, Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer EVERYTHING.

This is officially the worst f :evil: :evil: king week ever but for some reason I feel more motivated than ever before. Going to take PT48 today.


I was wondering where you went. :( If you need anything I'll be glad to help you if I can.

paayter
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby paayter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:35 am

bostonlegal2148 wrote:Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?


man to be honest, not sure what your situation is but i had to quit my job in order to focus on the lsat. i was working too many hours. i could stay up and do practice and prep, but it wasnt clicking because i was just so damn tired. it was basically wasted time. once i started prepping with out the job i saw marked improvement and was able to understand things i wouldn't have before, but to each their own. many can do it with full time work, i just accepted that i couldn't.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 pm

LSAT dreams have started. :cry:

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:43 pm

rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry: :D

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby alexrodriguez » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


Last night I was swimming in a shark tank.

User avatar
Jack Reagan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Jack Reagan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Jack Reagan wrote:Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!


Damn a 179? You're slacking. hah. If you need motivation to review RC you're welcome to join our review sessions. :) We get together almost every other day and review the PTs we took.


I know, I need to get it together!!! I'm definitely game for shared suffering, where does the study group take place?

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby sashafierce » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:07 pm

dasani13 wrote:
sashafierce wrote:So I decided to go by my Mom's house yesterday to check up on her. While I was out a busted pipe in an adjacent apartment (its an empty apartment that my landlord is renovating) flooded my apartment.

All of my books were stacked on the floor because I have no shelf space. All of my Prep books are gone, Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer EVERYTHING.

This is officially the worst f :evil: :evil: king week ever but for some reason I feel more motivated than ever before. Going to take PT48 today.


I was wondering where you went. :( If you need anything I'll be glad to help you if I can.


Thanks Dasani :D

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Jack Reagan wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
Jack Reagan wrote:Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!


Damn a 179? You're slacking. hah. If you need motivation to review RC you're welcome to join our review sessions. :) We get together almost every other day and review the PTs we took.


I know, I need to get it together!!! I'm definitely game for shared suffering, where does the study group take place?


Itt we commiserate, share ideas, help each other and suffer together. Welcome.

User avatar
coldsteady
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby coldsteady » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm

bostonlegal2148 wrote:Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?


I'm uncertain whether or not this is a reasonable solution for you, but you could consider moving your prep time to the morning. If you lose motivation at night, you're unlikely to maximize returns on your time/energy investment. Alternatively, you could go to bed when you normally crash, then wake up early and start prepping after breakfast. In short, treat every morning like it's test day. Chances are you will be taking the LSAT in the morning anyway, so it is advantageous to condition your brain to operate at full throttle at that time of day. I work 55-60 hours per week and have two very young children. I always crash after putting the kids to bed, so prepping at night proved inefficient. I moved my prep time to early in the morning on my prep days, and that 8-9 am start on test day was a breeze. That early a.m. alarm sucks, but the prospect of scholarship $$$ is a strong motivator. FWIW, I ended up with a 171. Given that I didn't have a great deal of available free time to prepare, I was pleased with the result.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:34 pm

rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


I had a dream that I was in a logic game the other day lol

User avatar
Jack Reagan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Jack Reagan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 pm

jk148706 wrote:
Jack Reagan wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
Jack Reagan wrote:Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!


Damn a 179? You're slacking. hah. If you need motivation to review RC you're welcome to join our review sessions. :) We get together almost every other day and review the PTs we took.


I know, I need to get it together!!! I'm definitely game for shared suffering, where does the study group take place?


Itt we commiserate, share ideas, help each other and suffer together. Welcome.


Sounds like I'm in the right place! When is the next review scheduled?

User avatar
Jack Reagan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Jack Reagan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm

coldsteady wrote:
bostonlegal2148 wrote:Those of you who are working full time and prepping, what are your suggestions for staying awake and alert after work and putting in a fair amount of time practicing? I feel like I crash as soon as I get home and lose all motivation. (side note, I'm not a caffeine drinker, only because I have a picky palate, so coffee, tea and soda just aren't for me). :?


I'm uncertain whether or not this is a reasonable solution for you, but you could consider moving your prep time to the morning. If you lose motivation at night, you're unlikely to maximize returns on your time/energy investment. Alternatively, you could go to bed when you normally crash, then wake up early and start prepping after breakfast. In short, treat every morning like it's test day. Chances are you will be taking the LSAT in the morning anyway, so it is advantageous to condition your brain to operate at full throttle at that time of day. I work 55-60 hours per week and have two very young children. I always crash after putting the kids to bed, so prepping at night proved inefficient. I moved my prep time to early in the morning on my prep days, and that 8-9 am start on test day was a breeze. That early a.m. alarm sucks, but the prospect of scholarship $$$ is a strong motivator. FWIW, I ended up with a 171. Given that I didn't have a great deal of available free time to prepare, I was pleased with the result.


+1

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Jack Reagan wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
Jack Reagan wrote:Checking in. I took the LSAT 5 years ago and decided not to go to law school, but it seems like the time to strike since so many schools are desperate for good candidates (hoping for scholarship $$$). First take was a 171 and I'm signed up for the June 2014 test. Shooting for a 178 or better and if I get lucky maybe even the elusive perfect 180! I've been a full-time LSAT Instructor/Advisor since I took the LSAT and I'm happy to jump in the conversation. Last PT I took was a 179: -0 LR, -0 LR, -0 LG, -3 RC. To be honest I've neglected RC because I can't stand it, but I'm gonna have to learn to love it... I guess. Need a little motivation to start cracking into RC passages so I figured I'd check in with the retakers. I'm ready to get to work!!


Damn a 179? You're slacking. hah. If you need motivation to review RC you're welcome to join our review sessions. :) We get together almost every other day and review the PTs we took.


I know, I need to get it together!!! I'm definitely game for shared suffering, where does the study group take place?


It's usually about 3-4 of us on Skype. You can just PM me if you'd like to join and I'll add you to the chat thing. Our next meeting is Sunday around 9:30pm EST and we'll be going over PT 53.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:03 pm

dasani13 wrote:
rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


I had a dream that I was in a logic game the other day lol


Haha thats really funny… what were you doing there? Playing with candy-trying to get your car washed etc.? :wink:

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


I had a dream that I was in a logic game the other day lol


Haha thats really funny… what were you doing there? Playing with candy-trying to get your car washed etc.? :wink:


I was on top of a really high building/wall thing and one of the rules was that if I jump then my bf had to jump too lol so I guess it was like a nightmare?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm

dasani13 wrote:
rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


I had a dream that I was in a logic game the other day lol


Mine involved a very crowded room, seated theatre style with tiny desks, very close neighbors. It for some reason was taking 59372648595 minutes to get everyone checked in. Ugh.

Thankfully, I am way too familiar with my test proctors and testing rooms, and know this wont be the case come June

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:11 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
rebexness wrote:LSAT dreams have started. :cry:


I had a dream that I was in a logic game the other day lol


Haha thats really funny… what were you doing there? Playing with candy-trying to get your car washed etc.? :wink:


I was on top of a really high building/wall thing and one of the rules was that if I jump then my bf had to jump too lol so I guess it was like a nightmare?


oh my my :lol:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot], yellowavcable and 10 guests