June 2014 Retakers

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm

John Everyman wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:Brothers bachelor party is the weekend before we take the test

I'm going to have to have crazy self control


Haha, crazy coincidence, I am throwing my brother's bachelor party the weekend before the test. Crazy self control for everyone!
withoutapaddle wrote:Brothers bachelor party is the weekend before we take the test

I'm going to have to have crazy self control


Godspeed, boys.

User avatar
bondja
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby bondja » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:23 pm

So, this will be my second time retaking the test. First time didn't go well, became too stressed out. That was also back in 2012.

I took the past two years off because I got married (being a better husband and learning, rather than spending my 1st year of marriage in my 1st year off law school). And then I got a job as a legal assistant to ensure that I wanted to get into the legal field. Which, I still do!

Now that I am back, I'm having to read hundreds of these pages to figure out exactly what I missed this past 2 years. Was hoping to take more than 3 months to get back into the swing of things but I was waiting on getting a new job (still in the legal field) so I didn't have to worry about getting 2 jobs to pay the bills :-p

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Did the entire Cambridge "Point" packet today.

Level1: 17/17
Level2: 15/16
Level3: 4/8
Level4: 9/9

Overall: 45/50

Weird I did so poorly on the level 3 questions, but I was happy to rebound on level 4. Might buy the sufficient assumption packet and drill those as well.

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 pm

bondja wrote:So, this will be my second time retaking the test. First time didn't go well, became too stressed out. That was also back in 2012.

I took the past two years off because I got married (being a better husband and learning, rather than spending my 1st year of marriage in my 1st year off law school). And then I got a job as a legal assistant to ensure that I wanted to get into the legal field. Which, I still do!

Now that I am back, I'm having to read hundreds of these pages to figure out exactly what I missed this past 2 years. Was hoping to take more than 3 months to get back into the swing of things but I was waiting on getting a new job (still in the legal field) so I didn't have to worry about getting 2 jobs to pay the bills :-p


Welcome, Bondja.

Check out some of the TLS guides here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=200917

NoodleyOne's is pretty good imo and it's tailored towards retakers.

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 pm

jk148706 wrote:Did the entire Cambridge "Point" packet today.

Level1: 17/17
Level2: 15/16
Level3: 4/8
Level4: 9/9

Overall: 45/50

Weird I did so poorly on the level 3 questions, but I was happy to rebound on level 4. Might buy the sufficient assumption packet and drill those as well.


Nice job, I'm about to finish the SA packet right now. I recommend picking it up.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:42 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Did the entire Cambridge "Point" packet today.

Level1: 17/17
Level2: 15/16
Level3: 4/8
Level4: 9/9

Overall: 45/50

Weird I did so poorly on the level 3 questions, but I was happy to rebound on level 4. Might buy the sufficient assumption packet and drill those as well.


Nice job, I'm about to finish the SA packet right now. I recommend picking it up.


I definitely will at some point soon, but I forgot I have the manhattan LR book to go through now. So far, really really good. It's been like 10 months since I looked through this thing last; I forgot how good it was.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby alecks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I brought the trainer to study after work and then I was like eh... one more week off...

getting back into this is going to be tough :/

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:35 pm

jk148706 wrote:
I definitely will at some point soon, but I forgot I have the manhattan LR book to go through now. So far, really really good. It's been like 10 months since I looked through this thing last; I forgot how good it was.


Yeah I just started MLR also (2nd time). Feels about 1085736x easier after working through the Trainer.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby 90convoy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:36 pm

I feel ya...I just got trainer today and started lesson 1. Then I'm going on spring break then goin hard for the LAST time!

retromuse
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby retromuse » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

Hey guys, I just joined today.

I took the February 2014 test (my first) and I dropped my score by at least 6 from my average PT scores. I scored 167, where my average PT was around 172-5.

But the thing is, I've run out of materials, and I'm worried I'll have memorised the LR questions without intending to... I've not touched the materials for the past 3 weeks so as not the refreshen my memories, and I'm thinking of starting the revision again this week.

Anybody had this experience?

I hope we can all ace our June 2014! :)

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm

retromuse wrote:
But the thing is, I've run out of materials, and I'm worried I'll have memorised the LR questions without intending to... I've not touched the materials for the past 3 weeks so as not the refreshen my memories, and I'm thinking of starting the revision again this week.

Anybody had this experience?


You probably will remember some of them. No escaping that. Put the PTs you did most recently to Feb on the schedule for nearest to June.

(I know I probably have the entirety of that free June 2007 PT memorized :oops: )

Welcome to the group!

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Guess what I'm doing today

Image

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm

...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

75 degrees in the Carolinas today :)

So I just did Powerscore Logical Reasoning questions type training:

-12 out of 108 on the must be true questions (89% right)
-3 out of 34 on the main point questions (91% right)

It's not perfect but I'll take it

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 pm

rebexness wrote: Where's Eric Decker gone to?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:42 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:
rebexness wrote: Where's Eric Decker gone to?


F^%& those Jets.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm

...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 pm

I've been slacking big time. Nothing Wednesday through Sunday likely.

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:75 degrees in the Carolinas today :)

So I just did Powerscore Logical Reasoning questions type training:

-12 out of 108 on the must be true questions (89% right)
-3 out of 34 on the main point questions (91% right)

It's not perfect but I'll take it


Lucky you!! Its freezing here! :oops:

Everyone is spinning out here on the rounds. :mrgreen:

You did all 108 questions in one sitting?


Not quite 75, but Nor Cal ain't bad 8)

Just finished drilling SA packet. I'm going to bang out some grouping games and RC sections before taking PT 42 this weekend.

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm

jk148706 wrote:I've been slacking big time. Nothing Wednesday through Sunday likely.


C'mon jk.
Image

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm

I did the 108 questions in three pairs over three days.

I got three wrong in a row the second day because I wasn't in the mood to do questions Hahha . We all know how that goes when answering questions

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm

...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Last time I studied I got burnt out (I was doing about 101 questions a day)

This time around I'm starting out slow and then going to hit the PT's real hard when I have a full grasp of the material

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby FlyingNorth » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm

RC drilling today with a sprinkling of Grouping Games.

Anyone else taking a PT this weekend?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:RC drilling today with a sprinkling of Grouping Games.

Anyone else taking a PT this weekend?


PT 49/50
:roll:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bigv, cctv, cianchetta0, dontsaywhatyoumean, Lahtso Nuggin, lymenheimer, vdjenkins, Yahoo [Bot], youngwarrior and 8 guests