June 2014 Retakers

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 pm

dasani13 wrote:
dasani13 wrote:PT 60 Review Monday 9pm EST.


I just saw in my notes that we already reviewed this as a group 2 weeks ago lol. I'm ok with going over it again if someone still needs it. I'm actually gonna be doing a heavy review of 56, 59, and 60 all day tomorrow so if anyone wants to join just let me know.


Dasani,

How many do you miss per passage or does it vary?

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
dasani13 wrote:PT 60 Review Monday 9pm EST.


I just saw in my notes that we already reviewed this as a group 2 weeks ago lol. I'm ok with going over it again if someone still needs it. I'm actually gonna be doing a heavy review of 56, 59, and 60 all day tomorrow so if anyone wants to join just let me know.


Dasani,

How many do you miss per passage or does it vary?


Assuming I get a section with the passages in order of difficulty, I go -2 max on the first 2, then about -3 on the 3rd, and then I get to the 4th one with like 4 minutes left so I have to guess on most of those questions!

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:28 pm

I just got an email from lsac saying my test center info changed and to log on and see the changes on the website. But when I checked it, it said my ticket is not ready to be viewed, what the..?? The email also has the email address of everyone taking it at the center, which is kinda weird.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 pm

akechi wrote:Hey dasani, I am down to review PT 56 with you. Although, I won't be home until 10:30pm PST :/


Hey, that's like 1:30am EST, right? I'll probably be done by then. :( Are you available at an earlier time any other days?

charlesriver
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby charlesriver » Mon May 12, 2014 7:09 pm

dasani13 wrote:
akechi wrote:Hey dasani, I am down to review PT 56 with you. Although, I won't be home until 10:30pm PST :/


Hey, that's like 1:30am EST, right? I'll probably be done by then. :( Are you available at an earlier time any other days?

Mine is changed as well.

User avatar
foamborn
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby foamborn » Mon May 12, 2014 8:27 pm

dasani13 wrote:I just got an email from lsac saying my test center info changed and to log on and see the changes on the website. But when I checked it, it said my ticket is not ready to be viewed, what the..?? The email also has the email address of everyone taking it at the center, which is kinda weird.


I can't speak to receiving an email about that, but a couple of days ago my ticket was inaccessible. Now it's fine.

scandk
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby scandk » Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
dasani13 wrote:PT 60 Review Monday 9pm EST.


I just saw in my notes that we already reviewed this as a group 2 weeks ago lol. I'm ok with going over it again if someone still needs it. I'm actually gonna be doing a heavy review of 56, 59, and 60 all day tomorrow so if anyone wants to join just let me know.


Dasani,

How many do you miss per passage or does it vary?


Assuming I get a section with the passages in order of difficulty, I go -2 max on the first 2, then about -3 on the 3rd, and then I get to the 4th one with like 4 minutes left so I have to guess on most of those questions!


Did you already review PT56? How do you do group reviews?

I took my first PT (56) since the February exam (drilling, finals, and a breather in between). 5 sections, timed accurately. -1 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG for a 176. Needless to say, this is the highest I've ever gotten, by far. I'm hoping it's not an anomaly, and that I can build off of it. So effing pumped.

only four more weeks until freedom

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:48 pm

scandk wrote:Did you already review PT56? How do you do group reviews?

I took my first PT (56) since the February exam (drilling, finals, and a breather in between). 5 sections, timed accurately. -1 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG for a 176. Needless to say, this is the highest I've ever gotten, by far. I'm hoping it's not an anomaly, and that I can build off of it. So effing pumped.

only four more weeks until freedom


Nice job!

Yes, just finished. We review on Skype around this time usually. Our next review is Wednesday, PT 61.

PT 56

LG -3 (wasted too much time on first game, -0 after BR)
LR -7 (apparently took a 5-min nap midway and didn't realize it, ran out of time with 5 questions left, -2 BR)
LR -2 (-1 after BR)
RC -7 (only focused on 3 passages (-2 there and -5 on the one I didn't do lol), 20/27 is my best in RC!!)

81 raw, 164

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Tue May 13, 2014 12:18 am

PT 69

LR 1: -3
LG: -3
RC: -2
LR 2: -1

Raw: 91
Score: 172.

Apparently the more I want to throw up while entering my answers, the better I do.
Didn't do an experimental bc I'm being lazy as F. I did do about 12 grouping games today, in addition.

User avatar
dd235
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dd235 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 am

170 on PT 63... I’m bummed.

I’ve recently been going -4 on both LR combined and -0 on LG... and then RC is a complete tossup that dictates my score. Got -6 on RC today. Ugh!!!

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 13, 2014 10:36 am

dasani13 wrote:
scandk wrote:Did you already review PT56? How do you do group reviews?

I took my first PT (56) since the February exam (drilling, finals, and a breather in between). 5 sections, timed accurately. -1 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG for a 176. Needless to say, this is the highest I've ever gotten, by far. I'm hoping it's not an anomaly, and that I can build off of it. So effing pumped.

only four more weeks until freedom


Nice job!

Yes, just finished. We review on Skype around this time usually. Our next review is Wednesday, PT 61.

PT 56

LG -3 (wasted too much time on first game, -0 after BR)
LR -7 (apparently took a 5-min nap midway and didn't realize it, ran out of time with 5 questions left, -2 BR)
LR -2 (-1 after BR)
RC -7 (only focused on 3 passages (-2 there and -5 on the one I didn't do lol), 20/27 is my best in RC!!)

81 raw, 164


If you focused only on three why not guess on the last one? You should never leave it blank….

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 13, 2014 10:36 am

dd235 wrote:170 on PT 63... I’m bummed.

I’ve recently been going -4 on both LR combined and -0 on LG... and then RC is a complete tossup that dictates my score. Got -6 on RC today. Ugh!!!


Why bummed? Thats a great score!

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 am

its all about logic games for me today :mrgreen:

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
scandk wrote:Did you already review PT56? How do you do group reviews?

I took my first PT (56) since the February exam (drilling, finals, and a breather in between). 5 sections, timed accurately. -1 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG for a 176. Needless to say, this is the highest I've ever gotten, by far. I'm hoping it's not an anomaly, and that I can build off of it. So effing pumped.

only four more weeks until freedom


Nice job!

Yes, just finished. We review on Skype around this time usually. Our next review is Wednesday, PT 61.

PT 56

LG -3 (wasted too much time on first game, -0 after BR)
LR -7 (apparently took a 5-min nap midway and didn't realize it, ran out of time with 5 questions left, -2 BR)
LR -2 (-1 after BR)
RC -7 (only focused on 3 passages (-2 there and -5 on the one I didn't do lol), 20/27 is my best in RC!!)

81 raw, 164


If you focused only on three why not guess on the last one? You should never leave it blank….


I did guess on it and still went -5 lol.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 13, 2014 12:17 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
scandk wrote:Did you already review PT56? How do you do group reviews?

I took my first PT (56) since the February exam (drilling, finals, and a breather in between). 5 sections, timed accurately. -1 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG for a 176. Needless to say, this is the highest I've ever gotten, by far. I'm hoping it's not an anomaly, and that I can build off of it. So effing pumped.

only four more weeks until freedom


Nice job!

Yes, just finished. We review on Skype around this time usually. Our next review is Wednesday, PT 61.

PT 56

LG -3 (wasted too much time on first game, -0 after BR)
LR -7 (apparently took a 5-min nap midway and didn't realize it, ran out of time with 5 questions left, -2 BR)
LR -2 (-1 after BR)
RC -7 (only focused on 3 passages (-2 there and -5 on the one I didn't do lol), 20/27 is my best in RC!!)

81 raw, 164


If you focused only on three why not guess on the last one? You should never leave it blank….


I did guess on it and still went -5 lol.


Omg? Really? I guess you are really bad at guessing…lol

charlesriver
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby charlesriver » Tue May 13, 2014 12:54 pm

rebexness wrote:PT 69

LR 1: -3
LG: -3
RC: -2
LR 2: -1

Raw: 91
Score: 172.

Apparently the more I want to throw up while entering my answers, the better I do.
Didn't do an experimental bc I'm being lazy as F. I did do about 12 grouping games today, in addition.


rebexness, looks like you are improving in RC a lot. what's your secret?

User avatar
dd235
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dd235 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
dd235 wrote:170 on PT 63... I’m bummed.

I’ve recently been going -4 on both LR combined and -0 on LG... and then RC is a complete tossup that dictates my score. Got -6 on RC today. Ugh!!!


Why bummed? Thats a great score!


Don’t get me wrong, I would be thrilled to get a 170 on test day. But I felt very confident after the test and thought I scored a bit higher

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby rebexness » Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 pm

charlesriver wrote:
rebexness wrote:PT 69

LR 1: -3
LG: -3
RC: -2
LR 2: -1

Raw: 91
Score: 172.

Apparently the more I want to throw up while entering my answers, the better I do.
Didn't do an experimental bc I'm being lazy as F. I did do about 12 grouping games today, in addition.


rebexness, looks like you are improving in RC a lot. what's your secret?


Reading every danged word in every question and stimulus. EVERY. Also I basically stopped trying to retain the content of the passage, and just read for structure.

SHAMELESS PLUG: I did recently complete my free (TYVM MANHATTAN BROS AND LADYBROS) Manhattan RC book, and I found it super helpful. This is the new, 4th edition. Realizing that it is possible to go -0 (well, or at least -2) and only understand every 5th word of a passage.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 13, 2014 9:01 pm

rebexness wrote:
charlesriver wrote:
rebexness wrote:PT 69

LR 1: -3
LG: -3
RC: -2
LR 2: -1

Raw: 91
Score: 172.

Apparently the more I want to throw up while entering my answers, the better I do.
Didn't do an experimental bc I'm being lazy as F. I did do about 12 grouping games today, in addition.


rebexness, looks like you are improving in RC a lot. what's your secret?


Reading every danged word in every question and stimulus. EVERY. Also I basically stopped trying to retain the content of the passage, and just read for structure.

SHAMELESS PLUG: I did recently complete my free (TYVM MANHATTAN BROS AND LADYBROS) Manhattan RC book, and I found it super helpful. This is the new, 4th edition. Realizing that it is possible to go -0 (well, or at least -2) and only understand every 5th word of a passage.


I think thats the key-reading for structure rather than content…most of us try to retain the info.-content, and would should change that..

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 am

rebexness wrote:
charlesriver wrote:
rebexness wrote:PT 69

LR 1: -3
LG: -3
RC: -2
LR 2: -1

Raw: 91
Score: 172.

Apparently the more I want to throw up while entering my answers, the better I do.
Didn't do an experimental bc I'm being lazy as F. I did do about 12 grouping games today, in addition.


rebexness, looks like you are improving in RC a lot. what's your secret?


Reading every danged word in every question and stimulus. EVERY. Also I basically stopped trying to retain the content of the passage, and just read for structure.

SHAMELESS PLUG: I did recently complete my free (TYVM MANHATTAN BROS AND LADYBROS) Manhattan RC book, and I found it super helpful. This is the new, 4th edition. Realizing that it is possible to go -0 (well, or at least -2) and only understand every 5th word of a passage.


Great to hear. :D

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:14 am

Ok I'm buckling down starting today. I had been slacking pretty badly. But today, another PT

User avatar
180kickflip
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby 180kickflip » Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 am

jk148706 wrote:Ok I'm buckling down starting today. I had been slacking pretty badly. But today, another PT


...
Last edited by 180kickflip on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Holy RC

took PT71 today bc I couldn't wait anymore.

I went -1 on LR combined, -0 on games and -4 on RC. I hate RC and this seemed like a tough section.

Anyway, the curve was generous so I had a scaled 178. But still not feeling great. I vacillated on several RC answers, so I'm thinking I got pretty lucky.

How's everyone else doing out there

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:01 pm

I was just gonna ask about 70 and 71. When are you guys planning on taking them?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:07 pm

dasani13 wrote:I was just gonna ask about 70 and 71. When are you guys planning on taking them?


Obvi 71 today. Will prob take 70 next week. I want to have adequate time to review them




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], kryptik, Rogah and 11 guests