June 2014 Retakers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm

dasani13 wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Just took PT 50. Got a 162 and a parking ticket.

Reviewing tonight at around 8:30pm EST

See you then. I messed it up..
Awesome study group tonight! If you still need help with LG after watching the videos, let me know. I'll be reviewing/drilling and then Saturday is PT 51 for us.
where is this at?

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 am

What are y'all working on this weekend? I'm going to go through more of the Manhattan LR book. I keep it pretty simple on weekends.

charlesriver

New

Post by charlesriver » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 pm

I am studying in the library and a girl sitting close to me is on the phone for 40 mins now. Her voice is not outrageously loud to be honest. But It is distracting to me. what would you do in a situation like this? I can never come to a definitive answer for this. I feel one part of me is saying that it is within normal use of library to talk and I should be OK with it. The other part of me is saying she should be considerate and keep the phone call short or move it to some other places. I know the bottom line is to solve a problem rather than creating a big scene.
I need input. :shock: Have you ran into a situation like this before?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:52 pm

charlesriver wrote:I am studying in the library and a girl sitting close to me is on the phone for 40 mins now. Her voice is not outrageously loud to be honest. But It is distracting to me. what would you do in a situation like this? I can never come to a definitive answer for this. I feel one part of me is saying that it is within normal use of library to talk and I should be OK with it. The other part of me is saying she should be considerate and keep the phone call short or move it to some other places. I know the bottom line is to solve a problem rather than creating a big scene.

Two days ago I was taking a PT in a study area of the library where people can talk quietly to each other but not on the phone. During section 4 these 2 idiots sat right behind me and started talking really loud and about stupid shit, it was obvious they weren't studying. A few minutes later one of their phones rings on loud and she answers it "Hi Daddy!!" I was so pissed at that point because I kept having to re-read every question because of them so I just turned around and stared at her and she immediately said sorry and hung up on her dad. If there are signs in the area where it says people can't talk loud you should definitely say something, most of the time people will just feel embarrassed that they're being called out and stop.

SpiritofFire

New

Post by SpiritofFire » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 pm

dasani13 wrote:
charlesriver wrote:I am studying in the library and a girl sitting close to me is on the phone for 40 mins now. Her voice is not outrageously loud to be honest. But It is distracting to me. what would you do in a situation like this? I can never come to a definitive answer for this. I feel one part of me is saying that it is within normal use of library to talk and I should be OK with it. The other part of me is saying she should be considerate and keep the phone call short or move it to some other places. I know the bottom line is to solve a problem rather than creating a big scene.

Two days ago I was taking a PT in a study area of the library where people can talk quietly to each other but not on the phone. During section 4 these 2 idiots sat right behind me and started talking really loud and about stupid shit, it was obvious they weren't studying. A few minutes later one of their phones rings on loud and she answers it "Hi Daddy!!" I was so pissed at that point because I kept having to re-read every question because of them so I just turned around and stared at her and she immediately said sorry and hung up on her dad. If there are signs in the area where it says people can't talk loud you should definitely say something, most of the time people will just feel embarrassed that they're being called out and stop.
Similar thing happened to me... Finally said something on section 4... So stupid, I should've said it earlier, but it didn't want to lose time.... Cuz derp, you can answer 1 more question instead -__-

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

foamborn

Bronze

Post by foamborn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:36 am

jk148706 wrote:PT 44 today.

RC: -3
LR1: -1
LG: -0
LR2: -2

-6 for a scaled 174

Pretty disappointing, especially considering the high I was on yesterday. I think the 174 is definitely more representative of where I am right now, but I want to get as much as possible out of these last couple months. Going to review hard.

Also, I don't know if you all feel this way, but I'm definitely studying less intensely than I did for October. And I think it's helping. I took a whole week off last week, and have been really productive this week. I haven't had any burnout or issues with bad scores. It's going really well so far.

Any other updates out there?
I think ur right about studying less intensely being a good thing, at least in the right situation. I just took a whole week off without really even thinking about the LSAT. We'll have to see when I take my next PT what that means, but up to this point I've felt that my (brief) breaks were productive. I think @ a certain point in studying the task is really a psychological one. Which brings me to some questions...

Do people feel nervous before PTs? Whenever I wake up on a day where I have one I feel sick to my stomach until I start taking the test. I imagine that this is good for actual test taking, but it kind of sucks. Is there any sort of pre-test routine y'all do to either alleviate this or just to help with the test? I typically just wait it out til the test and try to read about basketball..

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:35 am

jk148706 wrote:What are y'all working on this weekend? I'm going to go through more of the Manhattan LR book. I keep it pretty simple on weekends.
PT 51 today

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 pm

foamborn wrote:
jk148706 wrote:PT 44 today.

LR1: -1
LG: -0
LR2: -2

-6 for a scaled 174

Pretty disappointing, especially considering the high I was on yesterday. I think the 174 is definitely more representative of where I am right now, but I want to get as much as possible out of these last couple months. Going to review hard.

Also, I don't know if you all feel this way, but I'm definitely studying less intensely than I did for October. And I think it's helping. I took a whole week off last week, and have been really productive this week. I haven't had any burnout or issues with bad scores. It's going really well so far.

Any other updates out there?
I think ur right about studying less intensely being a good thing, at least in the right situation. I just took a whole week off without really even thinking about the LSAT. We'll have to see when I take my next PT what that means, but up to this point I've felt that my (brief) breaks were productive. I think @ a certain point in studying the task is really a psychological one. Which brings me to some questions...

Do people feel nervous before PTs? Whenever I wake up on a day where I have one I feel sick to my stomach until I start taking the test. I imagine that this is good for actual test taking, but it kind of sucks. Is there any sort of pre-test routine y'all do to either alleviate this or just to help with the test? I typically just wait it out til the test and try to read about basketball..
I don't get nervous before PTs, but I definitely was before the real thing. This time around, though, I feel way less pressure and anxiety. I think Spivey wrote something about how to look at the lsat as an opportunity. There's really no down side. It has helped me a lot as I prepare to go into my final take. I'm being laid back and relaxed about it and my PTs have been pretty good so far.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Hurricane and I just finished PT 51 and are gonna Blind Review it soon, then review it again together on Skype. Anyone else still plan on reviewing it with us tonight? If so, please let us know so we won't wait until later for no reason. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am

So I decided to go by my Mom's house yesterday to check up on her. While I was out a busted pipe in an adjacent apartment (its an empty apartment that my landlord is renovating) flooded my apartment.

All of my books were stacked on the floor because I have no shelf space. All of my Prep books are gone, Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer EVERYTHING.

This is officially the worst f :evil: :evil: king week ever but for some reason I feel more motivated than ever before. Going to take PT48 today.

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:27 pm

sashafierce wrote:So I decided to go by my Mom's house yesterday to check up on her. While I was out a busted pipe in an adjacent apartment (its an empty apartment that my landlord is renovating) flooded my apartment.

All of my books were stacked on the floor because I have no shelf space. All of my Prep books are gone, Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer EVERYTHING.

This is officially the worst f :evil: :evil: king week ever but for some reason I feel more motivated than ever before. Going to take PT48 today.
So sorry to hear that - that's not good at all...

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Just realized I have the first "10 actuals" book, which includes PTs 7-15 ish. I have barely any fresh material left so I'm wondering if I should use a couple of these as PTs. I'm not sure if that would be helpful or not.

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:16 pm

sashafierce wrote:So I decided to go by my Mom's house yesterday to check up on her. While I was out a busted pipe in an adjacent apartment (its an empty apartment that my landlord is renovating) flooded my apartment.

Brutal. Sorry to hear that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm

PT 59 (new)
LG: -3
LR 1: -4
LR 2: -4
RC: -6
LG Exp: -0
Raw: 84
Score: 167

PT 60 (retake from 8/3/2013 from 165)
LR 1: -2
LG : -1, -3 ran out of time due to shoddy brute force garbage (-4 total)
LR 2: -2
LG exp: -0
Raw: 88
Score: 170

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 pm

rebexness wrote:PT 59 (new)
LG: -3
LR 1: -4
LR 2: -4
RC: -6
LG Exp: -0
Raw: 84
Score: 167

PT 60 (retake from 8/3/2013 from 165)
LR 1: -2
LG : -1, -3 ran out of time due to shoddy brute force garbage (-4 total)
LR 2: -2
LG exp: -0
Raw: 88
Score: 170
Nice that's really good work. What's on tap this week yall ?

bohemiandaisy

New

Post by bohemiandaisy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Where should I be at now if I'm expecting a 167/168 on test day?

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:06 am

bohemiandaisy wrote:Where should I be at now if I'm expecting a 167/168 on test day?
I would definitely want to be pting 170 consistently to feel confident

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bohemiandaisy

New

Post by bohemiandaisy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:20 am

Are you talking about NOW?

Or closer to test day?

Right now I'm PTing around 164. :(

bohemiandaisy

New

Post by bohemiandaisy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:21 am

My PT range is dropping for some reason. I think it may be the jitters because my mistakes are so careless!

Is it too late to expect an increase of a few points? With about 7-8 weeks left?

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:27 am

bohemiandaisy wrote:Are you talking about NOW?

Or closer to test day?

Right now I'm PTing around 164. :(
I'm talking about a few tests before test day

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 am

bohemiandaisy wrote:My PT range is dropping for some reason. I think it may be the jitters because my mistakes are so careless!

Is it too late to expect an increase of a few points? With about 7-8 weeks left?
Take a couple days off, and come back to see how u do. Sometimes I plateau and improve big time when I take some days off

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bohemiandaisy

New

Post by bohemiandaisy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:45 am

jk148706 wrote:
bohemiandaisy wrote:My PT range is dropping for some reason. I think it may be the jitters because my mistakes are so careless!

Take a couple days off, and come back to see how u do. Sometimes I plateau and improve big time when I take some days off

That's good advice but I feel guilty when I don't study. I have taken only 2 PTs in April. I drilled in March and really really improved my understanding of this test. I've had a horrible last few weeks with family and have been distracted..which could explain my low scores/lack of motivation.

I plan on doing 4 tests a week. Is it reasonable to expect the increase I want? I need to leave this lower 160s nonsense! I really want something close to a 170.
I've been studying really hard.

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 am

bohemiandaisy wrote:
jk148706 wrote:

That's good advice but I feel guilty when I don't study. I have taken only 2 PTs in April. I drilled in March and really really improved my understanding of this test. I've had a horrible last few weeks with family and have been distracted..which could explain my low scores/lack of motivation.

I plan on doing 4 tests a week. Is it reasonable to expect the increase I want? I need to leave this lower 160s nonsense! I really want something close to a 170.
Just keep in mind that quality is MUCH more important than quantity. If you do 10 tests a week hut don't review or improve your understanding of the test, you're really not doing yourself any favors.

You definitely should take pts, but don't neglect review.

bohemiandaisy

New

Post by bohemiandaisy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 am

jk148706 wrote:
bohemiandaisy wrote:
jk148706 wrote:

Just keep in mind that quality is MUCH more important than quantity. If you do 10 tests a week hut don't review or improve your understanding of the test, you're really not doing yourself any favors.

You definitely should take pts, but don't neglect review.
Ok! I DEFINITELY review. I spent all day reviewing today, in fact. I just wanted to know if I am on the right track. A 164 is not so bad at this point, I guess

alecks

Bronze

Post by alecks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:23 pm

bohemiandaisy wrote:
jk148706 wrote:

4 tests a week is probably going to burn you out, FYI. and I definitely agree with quality over quantity. there's a certain "plateau" you have to reach to get up over that 165 and to that 170 (or at least from my experience). I think it's doable, but concentrate on your weaknesses as much as you can at this point.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”