June 2014 Retakers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Straw_Mandible

Bronze

Re: June 2014 Retakers

Post by Straw_Mandible » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Rebex: I'm not a retaker, so feel free to tell me off, but I am doing PT 39 on Feb 1 as well. Would you guys mind if I joined your review session?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Straw_Mandible wrote:Rebex: I'm not a retaker, so feel free to tell me off, but I am doing PT 39 on Feb 1 as well. Would you guys mind if I joined your review session?
Not a bit. Everyone is welcome.

I think we are going to use a Manhattan room so either Dasani or I can send out that link when we get it.

Does Saturday or Sunday work best to review?

My time zone sucks so Sunday works best, anytime really. Saturday I probably won't finish the PT until 8pm EST at the earliest.

Straw_Mandible

Bronze

Post by Straw_Mandible » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Great! Sunday is also the better option for me.

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Ok, I'll hold off on PT 39 and do some review and drilling until Feb. 1st.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:Ok, I'll hold off on PT 39 and do some review and drilling until Feb. 1st.
NEVERMIND NEVERMIND FOOTBALL ABORT ABORT ABORT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 pm

FUCKING LOL

The SupremeBowl :x

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I could do like 8pm EST Saturday night.
Or Monday.

dd235

Bronze

Post by dd235 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Hey guys,

I'll be joining you for the retake!!

As a background, I scored a 158 on the December 2012 test and 160 on the October 2013 test (I was PTing around 167 and got sick on the day of the test... ugh!!!). Anyways, I applied to schools this cycle with my current stats and am fairly happy with my results, but thought that I might as well retake in June with the worst case scenario of only minor improvements and attending one of the schools I got into this time around.

So today I took a cold diagnostic for this time around (first LSAT stuff I looked at since my October take 4 months ago). I retook PT 55 and scored a 170!!!
LR1: -4
RC: -2!!!
LR2: -0!!!
LG: -3 (lost all 3 points on the damn bus stop game)

Anyways, I am very happy with the results. I know that it is a retake so some of it was still somewhat fresh in my mind, but it is still really nice to know that I am pretty much right where I left off. It was the first time ever (I took over 30 PTs) that I got a -0 on a non-logic games section. And the -2 RC was also pretty unexpected as it is usually my worst section and I didn't feel too good about it this time around (probably has a lot to due with the fact that it is a retake).

Anyways, just wanted to check in here and let you guys know to keep up the good work!!! I just plan on re-reading the LSAT Trainer and doing LIGHT drilling until April where I will step it up and get into 40 hrs/week studying and PTing.

Also, quick question... How are you guys logging your PTs this time around? I used LSATQA last time, but it doesn't let you enter re-takes, so I just started a 7sage account and am going to use that for scoring PTs for this retake. I guess there's no easy solution to this. I really like the format of LSATQA better but maybe 7sage will give me a new perspective to analyzing my PTs.

Good luck with studying!!!!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:12 pm

dd235 wrote:
Also, quick question... How are you guys logging your PTs this time around? I used LSATQA last time, but it doesn't let you enter re-takes, so I just started a 7sage account and am going to use that for scoring PTs for this retake. I guess there's no easy solution to this. I really like the format of LSATQA better but maybe 7sage will give me a new perspective to analyzing my PTs.

I put all of my score data into an xls and wiped my LSATqa account so I could re-input the information, as well as transfer it into the xls and compare scores.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:30 pm

dd235 wrote:Hey guys,

I'll be joining you for the retake!!

As a background, I scored a 158 on the December 2012 test and 160 on the October 2013 test (I was PTing around 167 and got sick on the day of the test... ugh!!!). Anyways, I applied to schools this cycle with my current stats and am fairly happy with my results, but thought that I might as well retake in June with the worst case scenario of only minor improvements and attending one of the schools I got into this time around.

So today I took a cold diagnostic for this time around (first LSAT stuff I looked at since my October take 4 months ago). I retook PT 55 and scored a 170!!!
LR1: -4
RC: -2!!!
LR2: -0!!!
LG: -3 (lost all 3 points on the damn bus stop game)

Anyways, I am very happy with the results. I know that it is a retake so some of it was still somewhat fresh in my mind, but it is still really nice to know that I am pretty much right where I left off. It was the first time ever (I took over 30 PTs) that I got a -0 on a non-logic games section. And the -2 RC was also pretty unexpected as it is usually my worst section and I didn't feel too good about it this time around (probably has a lot to due with the fact that it is a retake).

Anyways, just wanted to check in here and let you guys know to keep up the good work!!! I just plan on re-reading the LSAT Trainer and doing LIGHT drilling until April where I will step it up and get into 40 hrs/week studying and PTing.

I'm going to use 7sage's PT tracker this time around. I like the look and features of it a lot.

Pulled the trigger on my baseline PT today:

PT 40 (June 2003)
LR1 -4
LG -1
LR2 -3
RC -3

169 - familiarity played a small part, but I'm still surprised that I didn't regress into the low 160's

AOT

Gold

Post by AOT » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll also be retaking in June! Definitely need this thread to keep me motivated. Was PTing around 170 - 176, got a 167 in December. Feel a little bit worn out now.

Quick question for everyone here: how many hours are you studying on average per week and how are you timetabling around work etc? I know similar things have been asked before, but January - June seems like a long long time. Don't know how you'd manage more than a few hours a week without burning out.

10romeom

New

Post by 10romeom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:39 am

Hello, was wondering if I could hop on this team of retakers. Was PTing around 165, ended up with a 160. Already applied and got a few good deals to some lower T2s, but I just think I can do better. In my shoes, is it acceptable to take it see what I get, then decide whether to wait or go?

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm

10romeom wrote:Hello, was wondering if I could hop on this team of retakers. Was PTing around 165, ended up with a 160. Already applied and got a few good deals to some lower T2s, but I just think I can do better. In my shoes, is it acceptable to take it see what I get, then decide whether to wait or go?
Retake, my friend. If waiting another cycle means getting into a better program, with better job prospects, and that whole laundry list of benefits - do it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

10romeom wrote:Hello, was wondering if I could hop on this team of retakers. Was PTing around 165, ended up with a 160. Already applied and got a few good deals to some lower T2s, but I just think I can do better. In my shoes, is it acceptable to take it see what I get, then decide whether to wait or go?

I know of at least one waiter who did that last year- applied everywhere, took June, and ended up with a full ride + 1st year stipend to his school.

Welcome!

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:28 pm

alloverthat wrote:Hi everyone,

I'll also be retaking in June! Definitely need this thread to keep me motivated. Was PTing around 170 - 176, got a 167 in December. Feel a little bit worn out now.

Quick question for everyone here: how many hours are you studying on average per week and how are you timetabling around work etc? I know similar things have been asked before, but January - June seems like a long long time. Don't know how you'd manage more than a few hours a week without burning out.
Welcome, alloverthat.

My strategy is to basically study during my lunch hour at work everyday during the week, then for no more than a couple of hours at some point when I get home. Obviously, on some days you won't be able to meet that amount of time because of burn out or whatever else. I keep a log of how much time I've spent studying to make up for missed days and meet a minimum for the week. Also, I'll spend maybe 3 to 5 hours during the weekend PT'ing, reviewing, or drilling.

TL;DR - I'll spend 15 to 20 hours a week studying around my work schedule.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

alloverthat wrote:Hi everyone,

I think my number is similar to FlyingNorths.

I work full-time 8-5 type schedule. I do some lunchtimes, and then 4 days a week after work, for usually 1-2 hours depending on what i am particularly working on.
On weekends, I plan to do PTs and reviews, so that is clearly a big time suck.

Burnout is always a possibility, but there are days that I don't do anything because I just dont care/feel sick/tired/busy/football/etc. Thats the good AND bad part about 6 months of prep time. Be careful not to get sucked into the "but I have PLENTY of time left" mindset. You don't.

10romeom

New

Post by 10romeom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

I think I'm in a slightly different boat then most. I took the June 13 exam and cancelled my score, got a 160 on October 13, and basically I don't know if I should go for number three. I ha e a full ride to Nova, which honestly is semi appealing right now. I just don't know what to do. And I know this isn't a "bitch and moan pity party" thread but I'm just so lost mentally.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm

10romeom wrote:I think I'm in a slightly different boat then most. I took the June 13 exam and cancelled my score, got a 160 on October 13, and basically I don't know if I should go for number three. I ha e a full ride to Nova, which honestly is semi appealing right now. I just don't know what to do. And I know this isn't a "bitch and moan pity party" thread but I'm just so lost mentally.
Don't go to Nova.

How did you prep last time? How did your Oct Score compare to your PTs?

10romeom

New

Post by 10romeom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm

My prep was a solid 5 days a week, went through the Manhattan series, and drilled close to 50 PTs. I was pretty much a consistent 163 scorer. Occasionally hit 165 and 166. My biggest problem is a really don't see gradual improvement. I went up from my diagnostic, then went up PTing for my first exam, and again for my second. But it's
Like a jump up, then that's it. I guess I'm not reviewing and learning from my mistakes properly. And for the record, I'm not a big law or bust person. I wanna do criminal (defense I think). Also. I have some nice offers from rutgers camden and seton hall also, and I haven't negotiated with either yet. Waiting to hear from wake forest and temple.

10romeom

New

Post by 10romeom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Sorry the grammar on that is whack, I've been driving all day, to ironically visit Nova tomorrow lol

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 pm

PSA: use a notebook for any drilling in the trainer or you will spend a lot of time erasing or white-out-ing if you go through it a second time. :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Soo tired today. The trainer's lessons on Games are annoying me.

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah, I supplemented them with the PS Bible. It helped

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

**Progress Report**

What has everyone done so far studying wise? I need to gauge whether I'm messing around or the whole group is.

I've taken a diagnostic PT and started the first few chapters of the LG Bible

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”