Would LOVE some smarter prep advice for Feb!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Amalthea

New

Would LOVE some smarter prep advice for Feb!!

Post by Amalthea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:18 pm

I took a prep class for December that almost entirely just used PTs for preparation. My semi-cold diagnostic was 163, and I started hitting mid 170's two weeks before the exam. I got nervous on test day and knew I had not reached anywhere near my potential when I walked out of the room, but I was not prepared for the 164 I received or the -10 on LG!

I signed up for February last night and took a "diagnostic" this morning after a month on break - I even picked one of the earlier PTs for a harder logic games set. I got a 177. Cue smashing head on table.

I have a hard time believing my PTs mean anything anymore since they clearly did not mean anything on test day! I am thinking about buying the PowerScore LG Bible but don't have a lot of time or resources to purchase a bunch of other materials. Any smart practice tips you guys recommend aside from just taking full-length PTs for the next month (especially for LG)? I would pay any amount of money to be able to just take the real thing from the sanctity of my kitchen table in my pajamas, but I am sure we would all be geniuses if that were an option.

Thank you! :)

zhenders

Silver

Re: Would LOVE some smarter prep advice for Feb!!

Post by zhenders » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Check out http://www.7sage.com ; many of us have begun to swear by it for LG. I would highly suggest finding the pockets with Zappa grouped by type, and alternate between drilling them and watching the video explanations of them afterwards (back and forth once or twice, even). The methodology is remarkably solid, can be learned easily and super quickly, and get keep a -10 from happening again (sorry about that!)

Best of luck :-)

Edit: okay, so I have NO friggin idea what "Pockets with Zappa" are, but it's such. Bizarre hilarious autocorrect that I'm just gonna leave it.

I meant to say "finding the packets of games grouped by type."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”