Can you apply and retake in same cycle?

Amalthea

Can you apply and retake in same cycle?

Postby Amalthea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 am

I finally caved and got an account after three months of lurking. I took the December LSAT and scored a 164, which is significantly lower than my practice tests under timed conditions (my diagnostic was a 163 and my PTs were between 170-175 towards the end). I know that I am capable of a much higher score and already knew that it would be bad news when I walked out of the testing center. I had a bad case of nerves and missed 10 on the logic games set. However, now that I actually have the number, I am weighing my options.

I am interested in UCI, Chapman, and Loyola. My GPA is low (3.1). I am willing to put in diligent effort for the next month to study for the February exam. However, Loyola's application deadline is in early February and I think Chapman might accept me as is (and I would rather hear sooner than later). Does anyone know if it's possible to apply to one school with my December LSAT score and just use my Feb score for UCI? I was wondering if a school will accept your completed application if they know you have signed up for another LSAT.

Thanks so much to anyone whose read this far!

Kevinlomax

Re: Can you apply and retake in same cycle?

Postby Kevinlomax » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Amalthea wrote:I finally caved and got an account after three months of lurking. I took the December LSAT and scored a 164, which is significantly lower than my practice tests under timed conditions (my diagnostic was a 163 and my PTs were between 170-175 towards the end). I know that I am capable of a much higher score and already knew that it would be bad news when I walked out of the testing center. I had a bad case of nerves and missed 10 on the logic games set. However, now that I actually have the number, I am weighing my options.

I am interested in UCI, Chapman, and Loyola. My GPA is low (3.1). I am willing to put in diligent effort for the next month to study for the February exam. However, Loyola's application deadline is in early February and I think Chapman might accept me as is (and I would rather hear sooner than later). Does anyone know if it's possible to apply to one school with my December LSAT score and just use my Feb score for UCI? I was wondering if a school will accept your completed application if they know you have signed up for another LSAT.

Thanks so much to anyone whose read this far!

wondering the same thing myself

bombaysippin

Re: Can you apply and retake in same cycle?

Postby bombaysippin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 pm

You can apply to schools with whatever score you have now. They will most likely hold your file if they see that you have scheduled a retake, but you can also email them asking them to review your application with your current credentials.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”