Retired Grandma

manfedman

Retired Grandma

Postby manfedman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Hey all-

I’m a retired grandmother of 6 and mother 4 and I have come seeking support for LSAT preparation. I’ve decided to go to law school because my husband will not be retiring for another four or five years due to his position. I have always wanted to go to law school, but I was raised in an era when it was a duty, an obligation really, to solely take care of the children. I would also like to help my son with his divorce proceedings if and when they hopefully happen. Anyway, I pretty much have all day to study besides my bridge group on Wednesdays and my Book club on Thursdays. Where is the best place to acquire materials? And what materials should I get? I’m going to try to take the next one possible. I’m not savvy with this online junk, in fact my sister is writing this for me, so keep it as simple as possible if you will.

Hipster but Athletic

Re: Retired Grandma

Postby Hipster but Athletic » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:09 pm

If you're not interested in being a lawyer shouldn't you just audit courses?

ZVBXRPL

Postby ZVBXRPL » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Too bad you're not savvy with this internet junk because the LSAT is given on a computer.

manfedman

Postby manfedman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Hipsterbutathletic---

Thanks for your concern. It's just as much as about the experience itself than it is about the education. I would also like to help my son get a divorce too.

Hipster but Athletic

Postby Hipster but Athletic » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:47 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:Too bad you're not savvy with this internet junk because the LSAT is given on a computer.

:?:

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 pm

The experience of law school is not worth doing in my opinion. Find something fun to do that will benefit your life and maybe others around you.

You won't learn how to do a divorce in law school. If your sons life isn't that complicated, a divorce shouldn't be too hard to do.

If you want to study for the LSAT as a challenge to see how you will do, look for noodley ones guide. There are plenty of good advice threads here that you don't have to be an expert to read.

On the chance that this is the same guy who writes all the flame threads...I don't know.

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Hipster but Athletic wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:Too bad you're not savvy with this internet junk because the LSAT is given on a computer.

:?:

No, the LSAT remains a paper based exam.

You will need computers for everything in law school, including taking exams. You can't compete with handwritten exams.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”