Is the only way to improve RC to just...

Darmody

Is the only way to improve RC to just...

Postby Darmody » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:28 am

....keep doing RC sections? I've read and used different strategies (7sage's writing summary in margin) and consistently range from -6 to -10. I plan on just doing a RC section each day when I wake up, but I was curious whether detailed reviewing is more crucial. Personally, I thought LR and LG solutions are so methodical that review helps tremendously here, but RC really depends on the passage and I don't really know how to review them. Will doing dozens and dozens of RC be sufficient for me to score -0 to -2 consistently (improve timing, familiar with questions, etc.) or is there a way to review RC effectively as well?

SoapyIllusion

Re: Is the only way to improve RC to just...

Postby SoapyIllusion » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 am

This is what I want to know as well.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 am

It's certainly the best way. Experimenting is key with rc, different people do well with different plans: lots of notation vs no notation, more time on passage vs more onquestions etc. Find what works for you then drill to perfection.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:23 am

Clearly wrote:It's certainly the best way. Experimenting is key with rc, different people do well with different plans: lots of notation vs no notation, more time on passage vs more onquestions etc. Find what works for you then drill to perfection.

The only problem that I would find with this, and this is probably why this topic comes up so often and people are often incredulous, is that there IS a difference between drilling LG or LR and RC. In LG you forget the games quick. In LR there are so many questions that you probably won't remember them by the time you drill round 2. In RC there is a combination of not that many passages and an ease of remembering that makes one very incredulous to the ideas Clearly espouses. This is what I am personally afraid of at least.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:03 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
Clearly wrote:It's certainly the best way. Experimenting is key with rc, different people do well with different plans: lots of notation vs no notation, more time on passage vs more onquestions etc. Find what works for you then drill to perfection.

The only problem that I would find with this, and this is probably why this topic comes up so often and people are often incredulous, is that there IS a difference between drilling LG or LR and RC. In LG you forget the games quick. In LR there are so many questions that you probably won't remember them by the time you drill round 2. In RC there is a combination of not that many passages and an ease of remembering that makes one very incredulous to the ideas Clearly espouses. This is what I am personally afraid of at least.

This is a personal thing, there are exactly as many lg as rc passages, and I find remembering lg actually more troublesome. The bank of rc passages at this point is so large that you shouldn't run out before you get good at them. I don't see why drilling them makes them any more scarce than anything else.. you'd remember them just the same drilling them as seeing them in a pt or just studying them.

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:16 pm

please refer to The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”