BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 am

ilikebaseball wrote:wake up bechs

What pre workout u poppin

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 am

This is great it's you guys are stressing out but I still have 13 days left. I feel like a person who was infected by the zombie virus watching people who were bitten before me begin to turn.

Then 27th rolls around and you all will be chilling in the waiters thread, and I will just be here shitting my pants alone.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 am

BillPackets wrote:

idk but it has the same active ingredient as drain cleaner

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 am

had to change the order to *study* *workout* instead ofthe other way around cuz I'm trying to wake up really early and drill to get used to it everyday this week.

But at about 10 30 i'll be scoopin some neon

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 am

BillPackets wrote:Definitely not worrying bout the lsat that's this Saturday

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 am

sfoglia wrote:

4 more days of hell first to keep me distracted. yay work.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:23 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:This is great it's you guys are stressing out but I still have 13 days left. I feel like a person who was infected by the zombie virus watching people who were bitten before me begin to turn.

Then 27th rolls around and you all will be chilling in the waiters thread, and I will just be here shitting my pants alone.

not only that, you'll also be taking a different test than us

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:23 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

idk but it has the same active ingredient as drain cleaner

Y u talkin so bad about drain cleaner.

Jk I use pwo often

C4 sample for free when I copped my mct oil

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:24 am

sfoglia wrote:

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 am

Happy Monday Y'all.

Really struggling to get over the 165 hump...Took 3 practice tests over the weekend and I have become remarkably consistent(163,163,165), but I am struggling at breaking -10 total for LR.
I keep going like 13/14 to start a section and missing 4 out of the next 5 then finishing perfect.
RC i'm missing on average 1-5 questions, and the games is super in flux.
So i am gonna take a gamble, and stop prepping reading comp and just tighten it up on LG and LR...

Seem to be failing to master sufficient assumption and parallel reasoning questions... any tips for solving these questions?

On the plus side, my Eagles are 3-0 :o

BJS

Postby BJS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm on an hour commute to one of my outlying counties (ugh) and I'm stuck behind a logging truck. Having bad Final Destination flashbacks. Thinking about not studying at all today and just go ham at work.

Resist! We have five days left. It's the last stretch. You can do this!!

But I have certain things I have to get done before Thursday, so I'm thinking of just getting most of it done today so I have less to do and less work stress on Tuesday and Wednesday. But yes, LSAT >>>>>>>>> everything, especially work.

Need is all relative, BJS.

You are awful. I have several meetings I have to be prepped for, and several volunteers I have to make sure are running through the weekend. But regardless, all work stops Wednesday at 7:30pm. I am feeling a bit run down, so sleep takes priority over prep for this week.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 am

I had my first LSAT nightmare of the week. we were about to start the test but I didn't hear the proctor say "start" so I just stared at him while everyone worked on the first section. when I realized I had to start I had one of those moments where I'm telling myself to do something in my dream but I couldn't move. woke up sweating lol

I'm about to start PT C

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am

JerryLundegard wrote:Happy Monday Y'all.

Really struggling to get over the 165 hump...Took 3 practice tests over the weekend and I have become remarkably consistent(163,163,165), but I am struggling at breaking -10 total for LR.
I keep going like 13/14 to start a section and missing 4 out of the next 5 then finishing perfect.
So i am gonna take a gamble, and stop prepping reading comp and just tighten it up on LG and LR...

Seem to be failing to master sufficient assumption and parallel reasoning questions... any tips for solving these questions?

3 is a lot did u do them f-SA-Su or what
How do u do w NA and PF?

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 am

BillPackets wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:Happy Monday Y'all.

3 is a lot did u do them f-SA-Su or what
How do u do w NA and PF?

Sup Bill,

Yeah Friday night(after work), saturday morning, sunday morning... Reviewed saturday and sunday tests in evening.
I do quite well, comparatively, on NA as i negate them and turn them into weaken questions..
PF is also an issue but it is usually easier for me to spot the MR, MN, etc.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:54 am

Idk IMHO that's quite a bit of PTing obvs the test is sat so PT schedules r largely out the window at this point
Do u miss a certain type of SA those things r pretty mechanical usually involves a term shift or gap where the gaps vary in their level of obviousness there was a SA on 71 that was kinda weird that u don't see very often I know I used to have quite a few probz with SA but once I started approaching them the same way as NA life got better
Do u have the PF packet

Edit also made a wrong turn while writing that omw to work

Skywalker001

Postby Skywalker001 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:09 am

I just bought 3 LR packets based on the question types I tend to miss (parallel & assumption).

I don't think I'll improve on RC in 4 days so I'll be practicing my LR weaknesses and LG drills.

Am I missing out by not doing full PTs before Saturday?

Thanks guys.

JerryLundegard I would assess which LR question type you're consistently getting wrong and just buy the packets.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 am

sfoglia wrote:

thats pretty much the feel

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 am

The September Thread wrote:I really enjoy the way Bill clothes his thoughtful commentary and occasionally elevated diction in textspeak. I see it as a kind of High Street/couture approach to language; there's a genius in the mixing. And some fairly august linguists even liken switching back and forth between textspeak and orthodox language to bilingualism. So in a way, by forcing us to toggle back and forth as readers, Bill is treating us to a more complicated experience with language.

However despite this apparent respect for language in the highest regard, Bill and others like him have encountered a high level of criticism. Those who see this language usage as an abomination can generally be seen as falling into two types. The first type is those who have a genetic predisposition forcing them to only be able to read sentences with proper punctuation. This is a very rare deformity and basically an anomaly. Therefore the focus should rely mainly on the second type: those with such a level of pretension that every utterance that comes out of their mouth must be bombastic in nature.

A recent study by Jerry B. Knowitall has provided those who consider this criticism to be unfair with additional ground for countering the skepticism regarding the value of the unique combination of thoughtful content and a form free from the constraints of grammar and spelling exhibited in the works of BillPackets and others. In the development of the Ur-Germanic language from which English and other continental languages evolved, a similar pattern of language use occurred, and Mr. Knowitall contends that the introduction of this pattern has helped spur the development of the English language as we know it today. Instead of seeing it as regressive (or worse, degenerate), we ought to embrace the wit and elegance that is packed in textspeak as a crucial step towards the future development of English.

Of course, despite the historical impetus behind the development of the English language that is well documented by Dr. Knowitall and others like him, we should not expect the current forces that are pushing the English language into a new epoch to be readily accepted among all members of society. Indeed, throughout history, the evolution and changing nature of English has been fought and derided by those in positions of authority, and in particular by those who possess a false sense of what the English language actually is e.g. an "unchanging, holistic pattern of communicative sounds". So, while it may seem that textspeak is the next logical direction for the English language, given the influence of technology on society, we should not be surprised that some will hold onto a 'traditional' sense of the English language and attempt to fight the inherent changing nature of the English language.

just thought this should b posted again in case any1 is stressing out

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 am

Cool. I have packets for SA, PR. I will pick up the PF one though too...

Might take one more PT wednesday just for shigs but ill spend tonight, Tuesday, and Thursday breaking those qt's down and doing timed lg challenges. Thanks Bill

Hope i didn't make you late for work :?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 am

its all good no one is sitting there waiting 4 ol bill to walk in so it is really nbd

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:28 am

BJS wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Need is all relative, BJS.

You are awful. I have several meetings I have to be prepped for, and several volunteers I have to make sure are running through the weekend. But regardless, all work stops Wednesday at 7:30pm. I am feeling a bit run down, so sleep takes priority over prep for this week.

Bahahahaha. No, get most of it done today. You can do it! Just power through. That's my plan.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:30 am

BillPackets wrote:its all good no one is sitting there waiting 4 ol bill to walk in so it is really nbd

Story of my life.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 am

BillPackets wrote:just thought this should b posted again in case any1 is stressing out

Just be sure not to strain yourself patting yourself on the back this close to test time.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 am

Sup putos

longhorn65

Postby longhorn65 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 am

BillPackets wrote:

That assault with added AAKG and a dash of beta alanine BOOM

** a dash is 2g