The Official September 2014 Study Group

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 pm

"what's the authors opinion on the passage you little dumb bitch?"

A) happy
B) really happy
C) glad
D) content
E) just fucking jolly

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:48 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:Fuck PT 70's RC man. that was fucking bullshit.


My thoughts exactly idk why I did so bad on that stupid dance passage

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:49 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:"what's the authors opinion on the passage you little dumb bitch?"

A) happy
B) really happy
C) glad
D) content
E) just fucking jolly


180

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:49 pm

sfoglia wrote:Where were we on PT 70's difficulty? I was super distracted the last two sections and it definitely showed (-8). :( :( :(

There's like zero curve so I'm guessing it's easy.

How did I go -4 on LG? Like, LR, okay, I got -3 wrong on the last two pages because I was short for time, but, there was no reason for me to do that poorly on basic linear and grouping games.

Anyone else notice a decline in their LG scores and have any advice? (Yesterday's LG performance also left something to be desired.)


I feel ya, sfogs! I missed 3 on PT69 today after a long string of -0 LGs on PTs. My brain failed to process what "Either" meant in one of the rules on the last game. When the questions/ACs started making no sense, I knew I had missed something, but I was running out of time so I just did what I could.

What kinds of problems are you missing? Are they just careless/complacent errors? Are you spending enough time reading the questions? Are you spending enough time processing the rules after the initial setup? (After a lot of drilling, it sometimes becomes mechanical, and I find myself not super engaged with the game unless I take a few extra moments after setup.)

(scooped by the Col.)
Last edited by hetookmetoamovie on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm

thank fucking god you guys feel the same way. not even joking. I was really considering the fact that I may just suck too bad at RC at this point

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:thank fucking god you guys feel the same way. not even joking. I was really considering the fact that I may just suck too bad at RC at this point


Which passage did u hate the most on 70

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 pm

somehow i missed 3/7 on the government one.

I haven't missed 8 in RC in a loooong time. EIGHT. That literally gives me no room for fucking error

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Forgot to mention it earlier, Baseball, but your post about all that has happened ITT made me spill my coffee all over my stack of used up PTs. I think that'll make it harder to burn them Saturday night, but it was worth it.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Me & a friend were discussing how when we miss 8 on a section it's because we either don't understand English or have a retarded level of IQ BC THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION

Bc I did the same on that stupid RC

Eta: it's really disheartening when u go -1 on the section before n after it
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:58 pm

hee hee thx maybe i can put an addendum that ut should accept me just for the lulz

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:58 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Forgot to mention it earlier, Baseball, but your post about all that has happened ITT made me spill my coffee all over my stack of used up PTs. I think that'll make it harder to burn them Saturday night, but it was worth it.

Can we talk about when we r burning test materials like that I just dk if I'll feel good about myself doing it b4 the scores come out

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:"what's the authors opinion on the passage you little dumb bitch?"

A) happy
B) really happy
C) glad
D) content
E) just fucking jolly

This is just really funny

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Do whatevs you want with yours I'm totes selling mine with a free gun in case worst comes to worse with my buyer in his studies

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Me & a friend were discussing how when we miss 8 on a section it's because we either don't understand English or have a retarded level of IQ BC THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION

Bc I did the same on that stupid RC

Eta: it's really disheartening when u go -1 on the section before n after it


Ya I totally went -2 on section 1. I'm considering moving LG to next just to boost my confidence because I haven't missed an LG in god knows how long.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Fuck PT 70's RC man. that was fucking bullshit.


My thoughts exactly idk why I did so bad on that stupid dance passage


I loved the dance passage!

I'm looking at my scoring pattern right now and it is 100% fucking started to run out of time on RC, on LG, and on LR, and I got 2-3 points loss towards the end of each section. So annoyed with myself.

For LG, I think I've just been out of practice, and so I diagram and then I'm like, "Okay, now what do I do?" I'm pausing too much, having trouble keeping the rules in order, whatever.

--ImageRemoved--

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

like my score is solely dependent on whether i can get -5 or less on RC. I won't miss any on LG (god I hope), and my LR is about 2-4 each.

With the likely curve of 13 or 14, I really gotta just pray to whoever that RC is about baseball cuz i like that

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Where were we on PT 70's difficulty? I was super distracted the last two sections and it definitely showed (-8). :( :( :(

There's like zero curve so I'm guessing it's easy.

How did I go -4 on LG? Like, LR, okay, I got -3 wrong on the last two pages because I was short for time, but, there was no reason for me to do that poorly on basic linear and grouping games.

Anyone else notice a decline in their LG scores and have any advice? (Yesterday's LG performance also left something to be desired.)


I feel ya, sfogs! I missed 3 on PT69 today after a long string of -0 LGs on PTs. My brain failed to process what "Either" meant in one of the rules on the last game. When the questions/ACs started making no sense, I knew I had missed something, but I was running out of time so I just did what I could.

What kinds of problems are you missing? Are they just careless/complacent errors? Are you spending enough time reading the questions? Are you spending enough time processing the rules after the initial setup? (After a lot of drilling, it sometimes becomes mechanical, and I find myself not super engaged with the game unless I take a few extra moments after setup.)

(scooped by the Col.)


I had three wrong on PT69 (yesterday), too! Ran out of time, just like today, and got sloppy.

I am legit just so stressed out about work, and I know it made it difficult for me to concentrate today, which is just beyond infuriating. Like fuck my job, it is not worth the distraction from the LSAT.

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 pm

sfoglia wrote:I had three wrong on PT69 (yesterday), too! Ran out of time, just like today, and got sloppy.

I am legit just so stressed out about work, and I know it made it difficult for me to concentrate today, which is just beyond infuriating. Like fuck my job, it is not worth the distraction from the LSAT.


These three days (I work M-W this week) are going to be absolute hell, but after that I'm switching my cell voicemail to something that (in other words) tells people to fuck off and call someone else.

I can't believe we're this fucking close. I don't know where the hell September went. I mean holy fuck I remember it being Labor day weekend and my PTs were awesome and now JFC it's FIVE DAYS AWAY.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Fuck PT 70's RC man. that was fucking bullshit.


My thoughts exactly idk why I did so bad on that stupid dance passage


I loved the dance passage!

I'm looking at my scoring pattern right now and it is 100% fucking started to run out of time on RC, on LG, and on LR, and I got 2-3 points loss towards the end of each section. So annoyed with myself.

For LG, I think I've just been out of practice, and so I diagram and then I'm like, "Okay, now what do I do?" I'm pausing too much, having trouble keeping the rules in order, whatever.

--ImageRemoved--


The thing is- I felt like I underdtood the passage really well- I just went completely stupid on the questions.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm

All of you are great. Just caught up in posts. WE CAN DO THIS!!!




ETA: fuck the 70's

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:17 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:like my score is solely dependent on whether i can get -5 or less on RC


Fyi we are the same person

Lg is like nbd -0, -1 if I make a dumb mistake. LR is generally just really consistent

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Image
How I hope I'll feel next week.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah RC on 70 I didn't do too hot on the PT b4 70 I went -0 on RC then went -6 on 70 ou was pretty cool pretty great feeling

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm back, and ready to study with all of you. :wink:

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:I'm back, and ready to study with all of you. :wink:

Puppy!!!!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, dj9i27, Instrumental, SunDevil14, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests