The Official September 2014 Study Group

BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:10 pm

hereisonehand wrote:I sure hope you got that library question correct bill, being the threads conan the librarian and all

Is there an admissions bump 4 being a librarian I heard in some cases it's somewhat substantial but maybe that's just conjecture

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm

BJS wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm super frustrated. I feel like I'm going to be in the December thread in late October (maybe before) preparing for my final take. My diagnostic was a 167, but even now I'm only scoring 171-174. IF - and that's a huge hypothetical - I can score in that range, I still feel like I'm underperforming what I should be able to get. I mean FFS everyone else is scoring like 10-15 points above their diag. Even worse, I'm not improving. I've been 171-174 since I started PTing in late July.

I'll be taking the December regardless because I'm not even close to scoring where I want to be. I'm worried about applications and certain schools writing me off after whatever I get next week.

Real talk: what are your past five PT scores?

Real Talk the last three were 157, 161 and 159. The two before that were back in June so it's been a while. I'm aiming for a 168 (obviously not happening next week).

^ and yes, I'm aware that's insanely low compared to TLS. I'm ashamed ;(

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:I sure hope you got that library question correct bill, being the threads conan the librarian and all

Is there an admissions bump 4 being a librarian I heard in some cases it's somewhat substantial but maybe that's just conjecture

I hear the librarian bump is only paralleled by the admin assistant bump

BJS

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
BJS wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm super frustrated. I feel like I'm going to be in the December thread in late October (maybe before) preparing for my final take. My diagnostic was a 167, but even now I'm only scoring 171-174. IF - and that's a huge hypothetical - I can score in that range, I still feel like I'm underperforming what I should be able to get. I mean FFS everyone else is scoring like 10-15 points above their diag. Even worse, I'm not improving. I've been 171-174 since I started PTing in late July.

I'll be taking the December regardless because I'm not even close to scoring where I want to be. I'm worried about applications and certain schools writing me off after whatever I get next week.

Real talk: what are your past five PT scores?

Real Talk the last three were 157, 161 and 159. The two before that were back in June so it's been a while. I'm aiming for a 168 (obviously not happening next week).

^ and yes, I'm aware that's insanely low compared to TLS. I'm ashamed ;(

You shouldn't take the test this week. Taking the test now will, in 99.99% of times, only hurt you. Put the breaks on, go to the December thread, and focus on your weakneses. It isn't that your scores are low compared to TLS - who cares about TLS - it's that they're very, very low compared to your target score (which is a good target).

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:27 pm

BJS wrote:You shouldn't take the test this week. Taking the test now will, in 99.99% of times, only hurt you. Put the breaks on, go to the December thread, and focus on your weakneses. It isn't that your scores are low compared to TLS - who cares about TLS - it's that they're very, very low compared to your target score (which is a good target).

I've already postponed June to September. I've wasted two years before undergrad in the Israeli military so I really don't want to spend another year after undergrad not doing anything so I need to apply by Thanksgiving so I kind of want a score in my hand.

Also, I live with my parents and they will seriously kill me if I postpone again.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:29 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:

Possibility for me as well :/

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:42 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Also, I live with my parents and they will seriously kill me if I postpone again.

If they're rational, they'll understand.

littlepuff

Postby littlepuff » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Last edited by littlepuff on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:48 pm

BJS wrote: who cares about TLS - it's that they're very, very low compared to your target score (which is a good target).

This is one of the most credited things ive seen ITT

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:55 pm

So I just took another test. A 168. My lowest score in months. Plus with the failure of a section I started with, it'd be a 166, which was my diagnostic starting this whole thing. Ugh. Not good. I feel like all the lessons I learned just slipped away in two weeks. I was so ready for the LSAT a month and a half ago, now I'm scared.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:

Or they won't. Doesn't particularly matter, because this is about you and your future, and your knowledge regarding the LSAT and applying to law school far surpasses theirs. You need to do what is best for you. (You might try explaining it to them in terms of tuition and employment rates. Sometimes the hard numbers help.)

Do you want to take this test on Saturday? You've already said that you feel underprepared, but, do you actually want to go take it? Do you feel like there is a strong chance that it will work out the way you want it to?

If your answer is no, postpone and don't doubt yourself for a minute. Promise yourself that you will score at or close to 170 in December, and do everything you need to do to get there.

At the very least, if you go into that test feeling insecure, you are bound to do worse than if you went in feeling confident about your abilities. And you should not short change yourself those purely psychological points.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:58 pm

littlepuff wrote:hahaha for those who are bored,

take a look at what LG problem Reese Witherspoon is solving in Legally Bonde
(about 30 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Pc1acaP_kv)

Hahaha the producer must have known that game's often cited as one of the hardest LG of all time.

such attention to detail

I am going to watch this as soon as I am done with this PT.

Xoxo, everyone. Be back in an hour and ten.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:59 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:

Or they won't. Doesn't particularly matter, because this is about you and your future, and your knowledge regarding the LSAT and applying to law school far surpasses theirs. You need to do what is best for you. (You might try explaining it to them in terms of tuition and employment rates. Sometimes the hard numbers help.)

Do you want to take this test on Saturday? You've already said that you feel underprepared, but, do you actually want to go take it? Do you feel like there is a strong chance that it will work out the way you want it to?

If your answer is no, postpone and don't doubt yourself for a minute. Promise yourself that you will score at or close to 170 in December, and do everything you need to do to get there.

At the very least, if you go into that test feeling insecure, you are bound to do worse than if you went in feeling confident about your abilities. And you should not short change yourself those purely psychological points.

Fyi This is a much better response than mine.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I've been told more or less the same thing in June and I decided to postpone. But I don't think I want to postpone this time. I know it's stupid but I'm sick of pushing these tests back with promises to myself that it will get better. Yes, this means that whatever I get this time or in December HYS are out. But hopefully with my GPA and military background and with a new score in December, I'll have a chance at money at the bottom T-14.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:09 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I've been told more or less the same thing in June and I decided to postpone. But I don't think I want to postpone this time. I know it's stupid but I'm sick of pushing these tests back with promises to myself that it will get better. Yes, this means that whatever I get this time or in December HYS are out. But hopefully with my GPA and military background and with a new score in December, I'll have a chance at money at the bottom T-14.

If u hit your PT scores there's a <1% chance of getting into the lower t14 not trying to be mean or anything just want 2 b realistic and we r all here to help each other reach those goals we have for ourselves

So w that being said: how have u been studying?

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:11 pm

BillPackets wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I've been told more or less the same thing in June and I decided to postpone. But I don't think I want to postpone this time. I know it's stupid but I'm sick of pushing these tests back with promises to myself that it will get better. Yes, this means that whatever I get this time or in December HYS are out. But hopefully with my GPA and military background and with a new score in December, I'll have a chance at money at the bottom T-14.

If u hit your PT scores there's a <1% chance of getting into the lower t14 not trying to be mean or anything just want 2 b realistic and we r all here to help each other reach those goals we have for ourselves

Even with a retake in December?

And no worries! I have thick skin.

Taking PTs, reading explanations, recently drilling. I feel as if I haven't studied properly, honestly.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:11 pm

I hate you all... I really don't Wana postpone but I feel like it might be the thing to do :/

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:12 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Taking PTs, reading explanations, recently drilling. I feel as if I haven't studied properly, honestly.

How many PTs? How much drilling? What do you use to drill?

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

No he's saying based on the PTS U said youve gotten. Obv if u retake in dec and get your target that's a diff story, but that's also conjecture that you'll get there.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:So I just took another test. A 168. My lowest score in months. Plus with the failure of a section I started with, it'd be a 166, which was my diagnostic starting this whole thing. Ugh. Not good. I feel like all the lessons I learned just slipped away in two weeks. I was so ready for the LSAT a month and a half ago, now I'm scared.

What's goin on w it I just reviewed lr2 from 71 that I did yesterday which I got my worst score on in months and it was like I just did not use any skills that I've learned whatsoever r u getting anxious/stressed or something ?

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Jgoods wrote:I hate you all

Ouch

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

No he's saying based on the PTS U said youve gotten. Obv if u retake in dec and get your target that's a diff story, but that's also conjecture that you'll get there.

But even postponing with the hopes of doing better in December is a conjecture. I don't intend to leave it at my September score.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Half my issue with postponing would be the fact that you guys wouldn't be in Dec thread :/
But really the struggle is real right now

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 pm

worldsCollide wrote:But even postponing with the hopes of doing better in December is a conjecture. I don't intend to leave it at my September score.

Oh I completely agree. Sorry if that was misinterpreted, I wasn't sayin it's unlikely you'll hit your goal score in December.

All I meant is that Bills statement (and correct me if I'm wrong bill) tht you have less than 1% chance at t14 was directed at the three PT scores you mentioned.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:But even postponing with the hopes of doing better in December is a conjecture. I don't intend to leave it at my September score.

Listen 2 me WC cancel the test this Saturday you get 3 chances in 2 years to take the LSAT saying you know you're going to retake (that yore PLANNING) on retaking is wasting 1 chance you have so basically 4 you u now have 2 chances in 2 years to get the score you want that's not a strategic move

How much of you been drilling? What do you drill?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”