The Official September 2014 Study Group

WorldsCollide

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:48 pm

BJS wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:Game #4 in PrepTest 68 is a hater.

If I didn't like my score this time around (in September) and I retook the test in December but already applied by Thanksgiving... would Law Schools even look at my application if the first score puts me underneath their LSAT floor (the lowest score they are willing to admit)?

I believe schools would see that you were registered for December and hold the application.

Meaning I should register for December by the time I apply? (Which would make sense since that's a few weeks before the exam anyway =P )

ETA: Are all of you applying this cycle? Any retakers? (sorry... I'm a newb =P )

BJS

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:51 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
BJS wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:Game #4 in PrepTest 68 is a hater.

If I didn't like my score this time around (in September) and I retook the test in December but already applied by Thanksgiving... would Law Schools even look at my application if the first score puts me underneath their LSAT floor (the lowest score they are willing to admit)?

I believe schools would see that you were registered for December and hold the application.

Meaning I should register for December by the time I apply? (Which would make sense since that's a few weeks before the exam anyway =P )

ETA: Are all of you applying this cycle? Any retakers? (sorry... I'm a newb =P )

I'm preparing my application materials during the month of October. When I get my score back in late October, I'll know whether I need to retake. If not, I'll finish cleaning up my materials and apply before Thanksgiving. If so, I'll immediately register for the LSAT. I don't know what TCR is on applying before a retake. In any case, December would be my last take so I'm all in for c/o 2018.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Good morning. I just got out of bed. I am now crying into my eggs with PT70 staring me in the face.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:58 pm

I found this: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/249 ... g-the-LSAT

So looks like I'd have to note that somewhere =\

Good luck sfoglia! You've got this!

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:59 pm

sfoglia wrote:Good morning. I just got out of bed. I am now crying into my eggs with PT70 staring me in the face.

How are you fixing your eggs

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Thought process on game 4 in PT68 when I got to the second Q:

Ok let's see here Y in slot 4 ok what could b true let's see what we got
Ok yeah ok looks like there might b a few possibilities here
K cool ok yeah Y in slot 4 ok
Ok yeah no consecutives ok
*feels sweat on forehead*
Ok so maybe I need 2 draw a few diagrams
Ok yeah Idfk wtf could b true here looks like anything

That game was just super labor intensive with no big "aha" inferences

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 pm

sfoglia wrote:Good morning. I just got out of bed. I am now crying into my eggs with PT70 staring me in the face.

Holy shit I kno that feel

BJS

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Holy shit what timezone do you live in?

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:06 pm

BillPackets wrote:Thought process on game 4 in PT68 when I got to the second Q:

Ok let's see here Y in slot 4 ok what could b true let's see what we got
Ok yeah ok looks like there might b a few possibilities here
K cool ok yeah Y in slot 4 ok
Ok yeah no consecutives ok
*feels sweat on forehead*
Ok so maybe I need 2 draw a few diagrams
Ok yeah Idfk wtf could b true here looks like anything

That game was just super labor intensive with no big "aha" inferences

I labored over that game! And then just stared at the last three questions.

This was my thought process:

"Okay I'm done. I can't do this anymore. 7sage video save me!
No... wait! I can do this... just draw some diagrams...
I can't draw diagrams anymore...
YES I CAN!
No... nevermind. Just guess."

I'm a quitter =,(

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Yeah it was just super labor intensive w really no big inferences except that S and Q rule

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm procrasticleaning today.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Also adventureland is so good so that gif is good by proxy

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 pm

BJS wrote:

OKAY, BJS. HOLD THE JUDGEMENT. YES IT IS 2PM. I haven't gotten more than five hours of sleep in over a week.

(I just wanted this use this awesome gif tho. Not actually mad.)

My manager has decided that since I have told her how important taking the "lit GRE" is to me, so that I can apply to "English doctoral programs" and attend "night" school to be the best "writer" ever, she will give me Thursday and Friday off, but without adequately reducing my work load. I think I am more upset about the bullshit I have to deal with tomorrow than about this PT. I am beyond exhausted.

Okay, I'm going to have two more cups of tea, maybe call my dad and cry a little bit to him, have a cigarette, then score really well on this PT and let that carry me over into Thursday.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Also adventureland is so good so that gif is good by proxy

She's my gif spirit animal.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:22 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

OKAY, BJS. HOLD THE JUDGEMENT. YES IT IS 2PM. I haven't gotten more than five hours of sleep in over a week.

(I just wanted this use this awesome gif tho. Not actually mad.)

My manager has decided that since I have told her how important taking the "lit GRE" is to me, so that I can apply to "English doctoral programs" and attend "night" school to be the best "writer" ever, she will give me Thursday and Friday off, but without adequately reducing my work load. I think I am more upset about the bullshit I have to deal with tomorrow than about this PT. I am beyond exhausted.

Okay, I'm going to have two more cups of tea, maybe call my dad and cry a little bit to him, have a cigarette, then score really well on this PT and let that carry me over into Thursday.

Your boss sucks =,(.

Is that Alicia Florrick I spot in your icon? 8)

BJS

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:25 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

[...]

Hahaha I actually didn't know whether you lived in, like, Kazakhstan or something and it was early morning. No hate for getting good sleep in the week before the LSAT. I'm shooting for 8-9 hours per night this week. Sorry for your shitty work situation. What industry are you in?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:26 pm

I was so confused by the "lit gre" at first then I was like ahhhhhhh I see what fogs did there I have heard that the lit gre is like just a really out of hand exam

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:26 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:"Okay I'm done. I can't do this anymore. (ed note: It's contagious.) 7sage video save me!
YES I CAN!

I feel this so much. I feel THIS close to you right now. THISCLOSE. You and I, Collide. Da-da-do-do-do.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:28 pm

sfoglia wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:"Okay I'm done. I can't do this anymore. (ed note: It's contagious.) 7sage video save me!
YES I CAN!

I feel this so much. I feel THIS close to you right now. THISCLOSE. You and I, Collide. Da-da-do-do-do.

You'll feel a little further away when you hear how low I'm scoring on PTs :P

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:32 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:Is that Alicia Florrick I spot in your icon? 8)

UHM, ABSOLUTELY. I don't think anyone has ever noticed that before! She is my favorite of all lawyers to ever exist on prime-time television.

BJS wrote:Hahaha I actually didn't know whether you lived in, like, Kazakhstan or something and it was early morning. No hate for getting good sleep in the week before the LSAT. I'm shooting for 8-9 hours per night this week. Sorry for your shitty work situation. What industry are you in?

Fashion Hell. The Devil doesn't wear Prada, she wears hate. No, it's not a bad job except that it doesn't allow for me to be trying to LSAT at the same time.

BillPackets wrote:I was so confused by the "lit gre" at first then I was like ahhhhhhh I see what fogs did there I have heard that the lit gre is like just a really out of hand exam

It's so much worse. She was asking me all these questions about it, and I was like "SO clutch that I've actually taken this one." And then I was like, "I hope she doesn't Google the test date," and NOPE, scheduled the same day as the LSAT. Covered by a mile.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:You'll feel a little further away when you hear how low I'm scoring on PTs :P

Doubtful. I scored at or lower than my diagnostic for a solid month and a half, despite having read Powerscore, Trainer, Manhattan LR, and god knows what else. I was a wreck.

You do your best with what you have. December is your contingency plan, is all of ours, actually. We're in this together!

edawg212

Postby edawg212 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:40 pm

PT 66 yesterday

Experimental LR from mid 2000's
RC: -4
LR: -2
LG: -2
LR: -2

I saw my biggest flaw this go around is in:

Questions that ask about the author of the readings!

Anyone have any tips for these?
Last edited by edawg212 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:41 pm

sfoglia wrote:
She's my gif spirit animal.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm

sfoglia wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:Is that Alicia Florrick I spot in your icon? 8)

UHM, ABSOLUTELY. I don't think anyone has ever noticed that before! She is my favorite of all lawyers to ever exist on prime-time television.

OMG YESSS! TGW is coming back tonight. Hoorah for Alicia Florrick!

sfoglia wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:You'll feel a little further away when you hear how low I'm scoring on PTs :P

Doubtful. I scored at or lower than my diagnostic for a solid month and a half, despite having read Powerscore, Trainer, Manhattan LR, and god knows what else. I was a wreck.

You do your best with what you have. December is your contingency plan, is all of ours, actually. We're in this together!

Whenever I come on here, I'm overwhelmed by people's kindness =,). Hopefully, we all do well this time (kind of doubtful for me to get a satisfactory score though) and if not, hopefully Law Schools aren't snobs about the multiple scores.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:50 pm

I was watcing TGW on Netflix and was super excited to start watching the most recent season, then heard about THE UNSPEAKABLE THING THAT HAPPENED and just couldn't watch any more.

ILU Alicia

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”