The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:15 am

You bitches need to answer my legitimate LSAT question thread instead of derping around in here

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:50 am

ilikebaseball wrote:
Saw the west side east side battle from the BIG's point of view ITT

Saw flip phones turn into touch screens ITT

Held a nursing dogs hair back as she threw up from her hangover after drinking too much the night before due to too many puppies and no baby daddy ITT


Ok baseball I just really like you

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:50 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:You bitches need to answer my legitimate LSAT question thread instead of derping around in here



Dafuq you talking about, I didn't see no damn question from you

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:54 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I always smell fresh to death so no need to worry about that.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:56 am

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I always smell fresh to death so no need to worry about that.


Good morning grey

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:00 am

Hey!! I'm not PTing today. I have to intensely review yesterday's failures.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:07 am

I have to do the SAME

I've also had to play the dump truck song 30 times for the private since 6am so he didn't go crazy

Dump truck song = http://youtu.be/omCDE64AveU

User avatar
Tyr
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Tyr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 am

I can't decide what to do. Do I take a day off or do I keep marching forward?

I'm having a hard time maintaining focus right now and I'm not sure if it is because of the hours upon hours that I've been putting into studying every day.

I took PT 70 yesterday. I was nearly running out of time on almost every section (which is abnormal for me) because I would read a question, pause, and just stare for a few seconds. The good news is I tied my high score, and the better news is I only went -3 on RC whereas I have been going anywhere from -6 to -11 on that stupid section. On all the other sections I've done as well as -0, but RC kicks me in the nuts every time. So, maybe I've found a method that works for me in RC.

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Taking PT72 today so I can get that hell-on-earth I keep hearing about in a timed setting.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 am

schmelling wrote:Guys I just accidentally clicked into the december thread, WHAT DO I DO!? AM I CURSED NOW!?

We've all been in there. Maybe we're all cursed. Who knows.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 am

smccgrey wrote:
schmelling wrote:Guys I just accidentally clicked into the december thread, WHAT DO I DO!? AM I CURSED NOW!?

We've all been in there. Maybe we're all cursed. Who knows.


Well grey did call me the ambassador to that thread so I think yall are in better shape than me in the cursed department

User avatar
Tyr
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Tyr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 am

schmelling wrote:Guys I just accidentally clicked into the december thread, WHAT DO I DO!? AM I CURSED NOW!?


Clearly it is a sign that you must retake in December.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby accessislife » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:14 am

slept in til 745 today...8+ hours of sleep feelings.. :shock:

that advice was clutch, sfogs - I definitely need to lace up and get on that long run grind today - too much superfluous material floating around in the brain

also, not sure if there's enough time - but totally agree with movie that anxiety probably made us evolve the way we have - its a matter of harnessing it and using it

and yeah - i was trying to eat the eggs or something biggish during the breaks and it just puts me to sleep

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby accessislife » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 am

BJS wrote:Taking PT72 today so I can get that hell-on-earth I keep hearing about in a timed setting.


looking forward to your thoughts, BJS - like grey I made SO many dumb errors yday

today is about review, clearing the brain and getting the picture part done

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:17 am

BJS wrote:Taking PT72 today so I can get that hell-on-earth I keep hearing about in a timed setting.

Taking that today too. Good luck!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:20 am

ErgoSum wrote:
BJS wrote:Taking PT72 today so I can get that hell-on-earth I keep hearing about in a timed setting.

Taking that today too. Good luck!


Last PT ergo?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:28 am

I forgot to mention that I had a dream last night where I was just freaking the fuck out about how mirrors work. I was basically having a psychotic break.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
BJS wrote:Taking PT72 today so I can get that hell-on-earth I keep hearing about in a timed setting.

Taking that today too. Good luck!


Last PT ergo?


No I'm still going to take at least one more. I have 70 and 71 planned, but we shall see.

User avatar
NotASpecialSnowflake
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 am

Just tried to take a PT today after taking one on Friday. I knew it was a bad idea and I burned out in the first section. I stopped before I could do too much damage, but I'd like to have a good test before the actual one, not a failure. I'm kinda stuck because my test scores have been going down (but I've been cutting the section time) and I want to have a good last PT, but there is a week left and with work I don't have time for another PT. Any advice?

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4742
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:09 am

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Just tried to take a PT today after taking one on Friday. I knew it was a bad idea and I burned out in the first section. I stopped before I could do too much damage, but I'd like to have a good test before the actual one, not a failure. I'm kinda stuck because my test scores have been going down (but I've been cutting the section time) and I want to have a good last PT, but there is a week left and with work I don't have time for another PT. Any advice?

the night is young.... obviously mean the day but night just fits so much better. Take a break, go eat/run/workout/dance/sing/lollygag for a bit, and go for round 2 maybe?

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am

smccgrey wrote:I forgot to mention that I had a dream last night where I was just freaking the fuck out about how mirrors work. I was basically having a psychotic break.


This sounds tragic.

User avatar
NotASpecialSnowflake
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am

Jgoods wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Just tried to take a PT today after taking one on Friday. I knew it was a bad idea and I burned out in the first section. I stopped before I could do too much damage, but I'd like to have a good test before the actual one, not a failure. I'm kinda stuck because my test scores have been going down (but I've been cutting the section time) and I want to have a good last PT, but there is a week left and with work I don't have time for another PT. Any advice?

the night is young.... obviously mean the day but night just fits so much better. Take a break, go eat/run/workout/dance/sing/lollygag for a bit, and go for round 2 maybe?


Yeah good idea. I'm gonna get some more rest, watch the Cowboys game and then do round 2.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You bitches need to answer my legitimate LSAT question thread instead of derping around in here



Dafuq you talking about, I didn't see no damn question from you


PT 61 RC

#10: The question asks which reaction is most analogous to "the great embarrassment of the critics". Answer choice C is TCR, but I don't see how that situation is embarrassing. However, answer choice D would indeed result in the literary critics having their foot in their mouths. Why is C right and D wrong?

I looked at the question again, and it seems to be vague regarding whether it's referring to the "reaction" of the critics mentioned in line 13, or referring to the reaction of the "critics" mentioned in line 13. I.E. which answer choice is most analogous to the embarrassment mentioned in line 13, or which answer choice is most analogous to the general reaction of the critics who were mentioned in line 13.

I need HALP.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:48 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You bitches need to answer my legitimate LSAT question thread instead of derping around in here



Dafuq you talking about, I didn't see no damn question from you


PT 61 RC

#10: The question asks which reaction is most analogous to "the great embarrassment of the critics". Answer choice C is TCR, but I don't see how that situation is embarrassing. However, answer choice D would indeed result in the literary critics having their foot in their mouths. Why is C right and D wrong?

I looked at the question again, and it seems to be vague regarding whether it's referring to the "reaction" of the critics mentioned in line 13, or referring to the reaction of the "critics" mentioned in line 13. I.E. which answer choice is most analogous to the embarrassment mentioned in line 13, or which answer choice is most analogous to the general reaction of the critics who were mentioned in line 13.

I need HALP.


Alright pnj fyi I hated that question n it's been awhile since 61. But here's where I tjink the issue lies.

In passage, if I i Rememeber correct, they are embarrassed bc they find out what they think is an original is done by someone else.

In C, they praise the famous restaurants food but then find out it's not the famous chef cooking it. So they think one chef is whippin up the goods then find out its not The one they praisin

In D, I think it'd be more correct if they found out it was actually a differnt author writing the book rather than the same author with differnt views than they agree with. D could bring about embarrassment but not analogous embarrassment.

Idk if this helps




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: batlaw, BobBoblaw, chichi1992, curry1, dianersg, judill, LobLaw_LawFirm, mathis1490, mrgstephe and 8 guests