The Official September 2014 Study Group

BJS

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:34 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:Thoughts on these in boulder to wear with jeans and chinos in business casual and nightlife look?

https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_pro ... ID=kyhjncW

What color? They're okay. I'm not too sure that I'm a fan. They run the risk of looking dated if styled improperly, and doubly so if you are going to do the tan.

Personally, I like loafers for men. Something simple in suede will go with everything and last forever. If you are really wanting a lace-up, and your idea of business casual is closer to casual than business, then I like something kind of like these these, something fashionable without trying too hard. Actually, that website is apparently having a men's shoe event, so you might want to have a quick browse.

I have a pair of tan J.Crew suede chukksa I really love and have paired with chinos in a business casual environment and they've been really well received. I'm really looking for another pair of shoes I can roll with business casual or just casual. Looking for a good pair of driving loafers or mocassins. Any suggestions there?

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:34 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.

I def take full advantage of the BR sale racks

Also that reminds me do u guys remember that one LR question where it's like talking about this dudes stomach being upset or sumthin and how he ate at a buffet and the stimulus is like "[insert dude's name] took full advantage of the all you can eat buffet" I still lol bout "taking full advantage" of a buffet

The damn shrimp and peppers buffet is infamous

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

smccgrey wrote:hahahaha no I know you're 100% right but I'm just really excited about the suit.

Your LR is so good that you won't even let me say something stupid. 180.

Was it the Mr.'s birthday or r u just really nice

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I like Jcrew - no problems there. Just lolling at the memories ITT.

Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.

Let's not fool ourselves into the belief that BR quality hasn't gone downhill over the last 5 or 6 years

I dunno, just got Mr. Smcc a suit with their 50% off sale items sale, and it's pretty damn nice.

I think both stores are hit or miss with womenswear. Can't speak to men's apparel, but J. Crew's quality is just not there anymore, and Banana uses too much polyester (which is the devil, as far as I am concerned; natural fibers only, kthx).

Also, am so jealous of you shopping for your husband! I love men's clothing. I don't know what it is. The sight of sleek cuff links or a well-tailored trouser makes me weak.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:41 pm

sfoglia wrote:The sight of sleek cuff links or a well-tailored trouser makes me weak.

This is just real funny fogs do u work n the fashion industry in some capacity

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.

I def take full advantage of the BR sale racks

Also that reminds me do u guys remember that one LR question where it's like talking about this dudes stomach being upset or sumthin and how he ate at a buffet and the stimulus is like "[insert dude's name] took full advantage of the all you can eat buffet" I still lol bout "taking full advantage" of a buffet

The damn shrimp and peppers buffet is infamous

Thank u

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:47 pm

BJS wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:Thoughts on these in boulder to wear with jeans and chinos in business casual and nightlife look?

https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_pro ... ID=kyhjncW

What color? They're okay. I'm not too sure that I'm a fan. They run the risk of looking dated if styled improperly, and doubly so if you are going to do the tan.

Personally, I like loafers for men. Something simple in suede will go with everything and last forever. If you are really wanting a lace-up, and your idea of business casual is closer to casual than business, then I like something kind of like these these, something fashionable without trying too hard. Actually, that website is apparently having a men's shoe event, so you might want to have a quick browse.

I have a pair of tan J.Crew suede chukksa I really love and have paired with chinos in a business casual environment and they've been really well received. I'm really looking for another pair of shoes I can roll with business casual or just casual. Looking for a good pair of driving loafers or mocassins. Any suggestions there?

Chukkas, yes! In a chukka version, absolutely, because it's a more youthful silhouette. I was actually going to suggest you purchasing the same style in chukka, but then I forgot.

Ugh, just found and love theeesseeeee. http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-lenox-h ... ock-milled.

The best brands for men, in my opinion? Cole Haan or Gordon Rush. Not the cheapest. J.D. Fisk is also great, and more affordable.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:47 pm

sfoglia wrote:Also, am so jealous of you shopping for your husband! I love men's clothing. I don't know what it is. The sight of sleek cuff links or a well-tailored trouser makes me weak.

Ugh I know me too. I like shopping for him more than I like shopping for me. Sort of.

as for fabric this suit is 90% wool, 8% cashmere, so I was pretty happy that the whole thing came out to $150. It was like $700 originally.

BillPackets wrote:Was it the Mr.'s birthday or r u just really nice

Which answers this question - I'm not really nice, I just can't pass up a good sale.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:52 pm

That's cool it's my fiancées bday this week the big 2-6 planning a nice dinner on the day of her birthday and I think she wants2 go the ballet on Saturday (LSAT day) after the LSAT obvs it's too bad her bday is this week tho cuz it's pretty much all LSAT all the time right now

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:54 pm

smccgrey wrote:Ugh I know me too. I like shopping for him more than I like shopping for me. Sort of.

as for fabric this suit is 90% wool, 8% cashmere, so I was pretty happy that the whole thing came out to $150. It was like $700 originally.

Perfect! That is really great for the price. I'm sure Mr. Grey looks dapper AF in it.

And Bill, in some capacity.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 pm

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Ugh I know me too. I like shopping for him more than I like shopping for me. Sort of.

Perfect! That is really great for the price. I'm sure Mr. Grey looks dapper AF in it.

And Bill, in some capacity.

Yeah about as dapper as he gets anyway... and he loves the jacket and keeps wearing it. I've never seen him so excited about clothes. Makes me :)

BJS

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:01 pm

sfoglia wrote:Chukkas, yes! In a chukka version, absolutely, because it's a more youthful silhouette. I was actually going to suggest you purchasing the same style in chukka, but then I forgot.

Ugh, just found and love theeesseeeee. http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-lenox-h ... ock-milled.

The best brands for men, in my opinion? Cole Haan or Gordon Rush. Not the cheapest. J.D. Fisk is also great, and more affordable.

Yea, I really do like those Cole Haan's. I've never been into shoes, but I've been focusing on them the past couple of months. Since August I've picked up the chukkas + two pairs of AE Park Ave's for business wear. Trying to find some good pieces that I can work into my current business casual rotation and carry over into my daily law school wear next year.

aliraza580

Postby aliraza580 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey guys quick question, if i withdraw from the LSAT for september now, will it count as one of my attempts to take it?

Meaning if we have 3 chances to take it in 2 years, will this take one of those attempts away? I know i will not get a refund at this point, i just don't want it to count against one of 3 attempts.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

aliraza580 wrote:Hey guys quick question, if i withdraw from the LSAT for september now, will it count as one of my attempts to take it?

Meaning if we have 3 chances to take it in 2 years, will this take one of those attempts away? I know i will not get a refund at this point, i just don't want it to count against one of 3 attempts.

Someone will answer this. I don't think it does but I'm sure u could find that on LSACs website

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Yeah I really don't know for sure, but I think Bill is right. Someone with knowledge chime in?

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm

smccgrey wrote:Yeah about as dapper as he gets anyway... and he loves the jacket and keeps wearing it. I've never seen him so excited about clothes. Makes me :)

I love it! He feels pretty! Haha.

BJS wrote:Yea, I really do like those Cole Haan's. I've never been into shoes, but I've been focusing on them the past couple of months. Since August I've picked up the chukkas + two pairs of AE Park Ave's for business wear. Trying to find some good pieces that I can work into my current business casual rotation and carry over into my daily law school wear next year.

That designs comes in a million and ten styles; it's a good one.

And, yes. You're doing well to consider the shoes. They are, in my opinion, the easiest indicator of how much pride someone takes in their appearance, and I think they become doubly important in those professional fields that require their employees to maintain a certain appearance (e.g. law).

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Screw withdrawing... I'm jumping 15+ pts sat

Hand

Postby Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:12 pm

as long as you withdraw before the deadline (midnight of the day before) it doesn't count.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Jgoods wrote:Screw withdrawing... I'm jumping 15+ pts sat

Hand

Postby Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 pm

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Yeah about as dapper as he gets anyway... and he loves the jacket and keeps wearing it. I've never seen him so excited about clothes. Makes me :)

I love it! He feels pretty! Haha.

BJS wrote:Yea, I really do like those Cole Haan's. I've never been into shoes, but I've been focusing on them the past couple of months. Since August I've picked up the chukkas + two pairs of AE Park Ave's for business wear. Trying to find some good pieces that I can work into my current business casual rotation and carry over into my daily law school wear next year.

That designs comes in a million and ten styles; it's a good one.

And, yes. You're doing well to consider the shoes. They are, in my opinion, the easiest indicator of how much pride someone takes in their appearance, and I think they become doubly important in those professional fields that require their employees to maintain a certain appearance (e.g. law).

mmm I take pride in comfort, and wear nothing but asics gel nimbus all day every day

Hand

Postby Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:16 pm

and sorry to be on topic... but did anyone else find that movie game (#3) on PT 70 incredibly hard?

also the second LR section, ugh.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:17 pm

hereisonehand wrote:as long as you withdraw before the deadline (midnight of the day before) it doesn't count.

dat knowledge

Hand

Postby Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm

I signed up for TLS a whole month before you did grey so I got swaths of knowledge like you wouldnt believe

ETA 666 THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST HELL AND FIRE WAS SPAWNED TO BE RELEASED
Last edited by Hand on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm

hereisonehand wrote:and sorry to be on topic... but did anyone else find that movie game (#3) on PT 70 incredibly hard?

also the second LR section, ugh.

The first LR killed me, as for games I only got -2 (wish my other sections were even close to this) and they were stupid mistakes, thought most of it was relatively easy LG wise

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm

hereisonehand wrote:mmm I take pride in comfort, and wear nothing but asics gel nimbus all day every day

That's legit I wore only new balance 574s from like my junior year of hs throughout college these days it's a little more varied usually wear black Lacoste sneakers to work, almost exclusively Birkenstocks outside of work...I also got into high tops and have a pair of ballin sky forces that still smell new and some like mid 90s barkleys that r also fresh2death but get more wear than the sky forces

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”