The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

smccgrey wrote:hahahah sorry about the ALL CAPS I'm just feeling a lot of feelings right now.

And yes I picked the right one for the psychic question but I was looking at it like "why are you being so rude, LSAC? This language feels very harsh!"

Yeah idk that second LR idk I'm just very upset by it very hurt on a deep level also re the ice cream Q yeah that one was kinda weird also the PF q on the first LR #14 I think was kinda weird

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:40 pm

BJS wrote:In LR1 I thought Q12 (Rocky Mountains) and Q15 (Vitamins) were difficult and outside the norms of LR, although I got both right.

I thot #12 was kinda weird but that response for strengthen answers started showing up more I think in the 60s but that 1 was a little diff bc like every answer was a slightly lesser version of B which gave me a slight pause

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 pm

smccgrey wrote: my brain was like BRB...........WUT R WORDS

ME THE WHOLE Test

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:43 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:hahahah sorry about the ALL CAPS I'm just feeling a lot of feelings right now.

And yes I picked the right one for the psychic question but I was looking at it like "why are you being so rude, LSAC? This language feels very harsh!"

Yeah idk that second LR idk I'm just very upset by it very hurt on a deep level also re the ice cream Q yeah that one was kinda weird also the PF q on the first LR #14 I think was kinda weird


PT 71 SPOILER
It took me so long to figure out why it was the answer about Vanilla being less complex. As soon as I understood it, it was sort of like a "yeah, duh."

I think what threw me was that I dove right into it, and got those Ds in a row and was like NOPE SOMETHING MUST BE HORRIBLY WRONG.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote: my brain was like BRB...........WUT R WORDS

ME THE WHOLE Test

Ok as long as this doesn't happen next week

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 pm

MORE PT71 SPOILER yeah it was def 1 where I had to stop n negate n see how it affected the argument idk I missed a really early on strengthener last weekend so I was really trying not to repeat that

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:47 pm

In solidarity w grey I will say LR 2 from pt71 is my worst LR since like June when I first started PTing

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:56 pm

I love the December Waiter's thread:

bombaysippin wrote:As expected. The curve was a gift from the heavens.

Metaplay wrote:Holy crap, dat curve.

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:-14 :D Saved my life.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 pm

I hope the curve is like -13/-14 Idk I tend to worse when the curve is like -8 (yes I kno it's a curve) and the one -15 (super prep B) was kinda crazy hard but I feel like -13/14 gets in the good range of not riddle esque but still challenging

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Thoughts on these in boulder to wear with jeans and chinos in business casual and nightlife look?

https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_pro ... ID=kyhjncW

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Didn't even click, lolled at the JCREW.

BJS I hope you know what I'm referring to...

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:14 pm

And after clicking, yes those are nice and your outfit sounds like a solid choice.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:16 pm

smccgrey wrote:Didn't even click, lolled at the JCREW.

BJS I hope you know what I'm referring to...

I thot maybe it was an allusion at first

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:18 pm

smccgrey wrote:Didn't even click, lolled at the JCREW.

BJS I hope you know what I'm referring to...


Hahaha yes. I'll own up to it: I like and wear J.Crew, albeit not enough to use as my avatar or to be an online douchebag. Banana Republic > J.Crew for what it's worth.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm

I like Jcrew - no problems there. Just lolling at the memories ITT.

Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:22 pm

smccgrey wrote:Didn't even click, lolled at the JCREW.

I imagined this happened to all of us.

But j crew clothes are on point so I'm in favor

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:23 pm

smccgrey wrote:I like Jcrew - no problems there. Just lolling at the memories ITT.

Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.


Let's not fool ourselves into the belief that BR quality hasn't gone downhill over the last 5 or 6 years

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:23 pm

smccgrey wrote:Just lolling at the memories ITT.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I like Jcrew - no problems there. Just lolling at the memories ITT.

Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.


Let's not fool ourselves into the belief that BR quality hasn't gone downhill over the last 5 or 6 years


I dunno, just got Mr. Smcc a suit with their 50% off sale items sale, and it's pretty damn nice.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:28 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I like Jcrew - no problems there. Just lolling at the memories ITT.

Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.


Let's not fool ourselves into the belief that BR quality hasn't gone downhill over the last 5 or 6 years


I dunno, just got Mr. Smcc a suit with their 50% off sale items sale, and it's pretty damn nice.


I'm not gonna argue something is not nice based on a relative decline bc it can still be damn nice. Just an observation about some of the stuff I've bought there.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:29 pm

smccgrey wrote:Also BR has better sales. and better prices in general.

I def take full advantage of the BR sale racks

Also that reminds me do u guys remember that one LR question where it's like talking about this dudes stomach being upset or sumthin and how he ate at a buffet and the stimulus is like "[insert dude's name] took full advantage of the all you can eat buffet" I still lol bout "taking full advantage" of a buffet

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:29 pm

BJS wrote:Thoughts on these in boulder to wear with jeans and chinos in business casual and nightlife look?

https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_pro ... ID=kyhjncW


What color? They're okay. I'm not too sure that I'm a fan. They run the risk of looking dated if styled improperly, and doubly so if you are going to do the tan.

Personally, I like loafers for men. Something simple in suede will go with everything and last forever. If you are really wanting a lace-up, and your idea of business casual is closer to casual than business, then I like something kind of like these these, something fashionable without trying too hard. Actually, that website is apparently having a men's shoe event, so you might want to have a quick browse.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Will sum1 tell LLH that I'm on topic af while y'all r debating the quality of clothes at BR

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I'm not gonna argue something is not nice based on a relative decline bc it can still be damn nice. Just an observation about some of the stuff I've bought there.

hahahaha no I know you're 100% right but I'm just really excited about the suit.

Your LR is so good that you won't even let me say something stupid. 180.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:31 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:Thoughts on these in boulder to wear with jeans and chinos in business casual and nightlife look?

https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_pro ... ID=kyhjncW


What color? They're okay. I'm not too sure that I'm a fan. They run the risk of looking dated if styled improperly, and doubly so if you are going to do the tan.

Personally, I like loafers for men. Something simple in suede will go with everything and last forever. If you are really wanting a lace-up, and your idea of business casual is closer to casual than business, then I like something kind of like these these, something fashionable without trying too hard. Actually, that website is apparently having a men's shoe event, so you might want to have a quick browse.

Plus cole haan




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, bearedman8, BobBoblaw, brewpub16, cdotson2, drumpf, dstars823, haus, Instrumental, lawsforeign, Reeferside and 41 guests