The Official September 2014 Study Group

Gray

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:49 pm

BJS wrote:Holy shit the mirrors passage. I'm not a spatial or a science person at all, so trying to figure out what the hell was going on was pretty absurd. Other than that, the passages weren't inherently difficult, but I struggled with the questions. I struggled to get a definite answer on most of them and instead went with what seemed like the best answer. In reviewing the LG, two of the ones I missed were suspension questions. I definitely shouldn't have missed them. The third one I ran out of time and picked the one that worked the best in the thirty seconds I had. Still, 3 questions missed on LG is reprehensible.

Yeah I went -2 on LG, one because I misread the question COMPLETELY and another one (THE FIRST QUESTION) because I misbubbled. :evil:

If it's okay with you guys I'm just going to chalk this up to being, sick, tired, drugged out and it being my first PT in 2 weeks. Just because we're a week away and I can't really deal with dat sting of defeat at the moment.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:50 pm

I got both the rule substitution Qs right on 71 it's a fuckin miracle there is an LSAT god

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Can someone explain the LR2 principle application question about the library books? It felt like the Cops one all over again.

ETA: in 71

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:55 pm

smccgrey wrote:Can someone explain the LR2 principle application question about the library books? It felt like the Cops one all over again.

That Q was bs I don't want to revisit too much at the moment but I glanced at the manhattan forum n it said sumthin bout how A didn't say overdue just that he had some out

Edit: I assumed u chose A maybe not if u didn't my mostly not useful is totally irrelevant
Last edited by BillPackets on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJS

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:58 pm

smccgrey wrote:Can someone explain the LR2 principle application question about the library books? It felt like the Cops one all over again.

I had bad flashbacks to the cops question when I hit this one. In B, some of Kessler's overdue books (at least one - the novel) aren't children's books and he has been fined for overdue books before. This satisfies the sufficient condition. What did you select?

Also, having two LG sections back-to-back, then break, then an LG section (as a result of two LG experimentals) was pretty brutal.

ETA: while we're on the topic, any help on LR2 Q23 (doctors and malpractice) and Q20 (psychic abilities)?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:04 pm

BJS wrote:

I had bad flashbacks to the cops question when I hit this one. In B, some of Kessler's overdue books (at least one - the novel) aren't children's books and he has been fined for overdue books before. This satisfies the sufficient condition. What did you select?

Also, having two LG sections back-to-back, then break, then an LG section (as a result of two LG experimentals) was pretty brutal.

ETA: while we're on the topic, any help on LR2 Q23 (doctors and malpractice) and Q20 (psychic abilities)?

Damnit I don't have my book with me at the moment. But I think I probably fell into some sort of dumb trap.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:05 pm

BillPackets wrote:

That Q was bs I don't want to revisit too much at the moment but I glanced at the manhattan forum n it said sumthin bout how A didn't say overdue just that he had some out

Edit: I assumed u chose A maybe not if u didn't my mostly not useful is totally irrelevant

Yeah I think this is exactly what happened. ugh.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:05 pm

That stupid psychic Q really pissed me off 2 there were sum good trap answers on the second LR apparently (I chose A, again maybe you didn't) but the answer is not A bc the conclusion is not general only about friends and family and I mean the obvs if the conclusion isn't general then the flaw is overvaluing a trait (telepathy) and hence B gets at that flaw
Last edited by BillPackets on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Also I didn't think the Qs to the mirrors passage were too bad I was 100% positive on all except 27 which I missed but idk I thot the passage was obvs dense but in the Qs I kinda felt like I was having a rainman moment and just blew thru them until 27

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Tbh I just royally f'ed up LR2 on 71 and it just blew my f'ing score out of the water so yeah bill mad

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:26 pm

fuck it man who cares

you're goign to open your booklet with all the answers already circled, correctly.

BJS

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:27 pm

BillPackets wrote:That stupid psychic Q really pissed me off 2 there were sum good trap answers on the second LR apparently (I chose A, again maybe you didn't) but the answer is not A bc the conclusion is not general only about friends and family and I mean the obvs if the conclusion isn't general then the flaw is overvaluing a trait (telepathy) and hence B gets at that flaw

Yea I went with A. Narrowed it down to A and B, which both seemed like accurate answers. Went with A because it seemed like that was most likely LSAT critique. You're right though, he's only saying that it's *possible* so it wouldn't matter whether the sample was small.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:28 pm

ya wtf was the mirrors even saying

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Speaking of circling answers that reminds me of the scantron I did lg n RC after each game and passage and LR I did the whole section then went back and filled it in I think that could b risky tho since ya know what if on d day I get down 2 the wire n have none filled in that would suck

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:29 pm

i figured out who my proctor is so im gonna go offer my body really quick

will post updatez

BJS

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:30 pm

BillPackets wrote:Speaking of circling answers that reminds me of the scantron I did lg n RC after each game and passage and LR I did the whole section then went back and filled it in I think that could b risky tho since ya know what if on d day I get down 2 the wire n have none filled in that would suck

Stop answering questions when the 30 second warning is given and just bubble.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Speaking of the lsat I hate it and probably won't get into law school.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 pm

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:That stupid psychic Q really pissed me off 2 there were sum good trap answers on the second LR apparently (I chose A, again maybe you didn't) but the answer is not A bc the conclusion is not general only about friends and family and I mean the obvs if the conclusion isn't general then the flaw is overvaluing a trait (telepathy) and hence B gets at that flaw

Yea I went with A. Narrowed it down to A and B, which both seemed like accurate answers. Went with A because it seemed like that was most likely LSAT critique. You're right though, he's only saying that it's *possible* so it wouldn't matter whether the sample was small.

Was the right answer the one that was like "THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY OTHER BETTER EXPLANATIONS?

Also re: mirrors - the questions were not terrible but the passage was like "WHOA MAN MIRRORS HOW DO THEY WORK???"

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 pm

BJS wrote:

That was an f'ing pretty tough Q IMHO I was like u had it between B and A and confidently chose A then just got slapped in the face when I graded it was like whoa

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

smccgrey wrote:Was the right answer the one that was like "THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY OTHER BETTER EXPLANATIONS?

Also re: mirrors - the questions were not terrible but the passage was like "WHOA MAN MIRRORS HOW DO THEY WORK???"

YES GREY THAT WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER

and yes re: mirrors I WAS LIKE K IM NOT BOUT 2 TRY N UNDERSTAND THIS JUST GONNA TRY AND GET THE GIST

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

On the first LR section I got stuck on the ice cream question for like 5 minutes because my brain was like BRB...........WUT R WORDS

Almost died when I heard "five minutes" and was on 19

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:35 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Was the right answer the one that was like "THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY OTHER BETTER EXPLANATIONS?

YES GREY THAT WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER

and yes re: mirrors I WAS LIKE K IM NOT BOUT 2 TRY N UNDERSTAND THIS JUST GONNA TRY AND GET THE GIST

hahahah sorry about the ALL CAPS I'm just feeling a lot of feelings right now.

And yes I picked the right one for the psychic question but I was looking at it like "why are you being so rude, LSAC? This language feels very harsh!"

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Speaking of circling answers that reminds me of the scantron I did lg n RC after each game and passage and LR I did the whole section then went back and filled it in I think that could b risky tho since ya know what if on d day I get down 2 the wire n have none filled in that would suck

Stop answering questions when the 30 second warning is given and just bubble.

I mean I usually finish LR around the 31 or 32 mark so if I'm still workin w 30 seconds left sumthin is not right and if I still have to bubble everything in I might just sweat myself into oblivion

BJS

Postby BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

In LR1 I thought Q12 (Rocky Mountains) and Q15 (Vitamins) were difficult and outside the norms of LR, although I got both right.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Speaking of the LOLsat I hate it and probably won't get into law school.

ftfy

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”