The Official September 2014 Study Group

thequigley

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

smccgrey wrote:
schmelling wrote:
thequigley wrote:Wondering how many people on here that claim they get 170+ each time actually do. I also wonder how much it is going to suck to confront the results in a month. For those of you who are actually prepping there, go you! One week....

This is possibly the most cynical thing ever written in this thread. Also, hopefully it won't suck at all.

really hard to tell given how much has been written in this thread.

Personally I was hesitant to post ITT with my scores - if you look at my early posts I think I talk mostly about my score in relation to "my average" and say vague things about RC and not beyonce. But I wanted to keep myself honest and post whenever I took a PT so that I wouldn't slack off.

It's exciting to share your progress with people who are going through the same thing. Plus I'm not sure how much my family wants to hear me talk through my specific areas of weakness and the nuances of specific tests (I'm looking at you PT62).

Grey, you are one of the few I actually believe. It's just not probable that all of these people are scoring in the ranges they are posting, at least under every condition of test day minus anxiety.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

What I actually do when I say I'm PTing/Drilling

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:46 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:actually. yes im trying to be rude. you should leave. dont look back. just go. its over pal. game over. see ya. smell ya later. see you in hell

baseball. good luck in a week. I'm sure your 170+ will be awesome.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:48 pm

thequigley wrote:The truth is that most of the discussion is centered around a few individuals who spend so much time on here that I would be surprised if they were scoring in the high 160's. I am calling B/S, but all of you regulars can feel free to prove me wrong in a month by posting a pic.

Hahaha I think the reason we are spending so much time on TLS is that we all have full-time, boring AF jobs.

Why anyone would boast about fake practice test scores is beyond me, but you have no reason to trust any of us, so that's fair. It doesn't really matter though. We'll get what we get next Saturday, and we'll all have to live with that. Or retake.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:49 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:actually. yes im trying to be rude. you should leave. dont look back. just go. its over pal. game over. see ya. smell ya later. see you in hell

The most important part of this is "smell YA later"

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Colonel, you can grease it.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 pm

FWIW newbie. This is how my days go. You can ask other people in the thread, the story hasn't changed:

Wake up- immediately pour my preworkout.
Go to campus food court, get 6 inch sub and drink preworkout with it.
Immediately walk to the gym, workout, drink protein shake.
Go home, pop a stimulant, shower.
While waiting for stimulant to kick in, ill play a round of nhl 15
Go to library (usually by 11, i'm here right now drilling)
Leave library 8-12 hours later. Yes, I'm not exaggerating.
Take zzzquil so I can sleep

I'm pretty sure everyone else has been pretty consistent too. We're all working our asses off. The last thing we need is some pessimist telling us that we'll be disappointed when we dont hit our goal. Who does that?

"I hope you never reach your dreams you complete stranger who I don't even know."

There a mirror you can look into?

End rant. I hardly ever get real in this thread, but shit like that pisses me off. Even if people wanna lie about their PT, let them. If that increases their optimism even by the slightest, then what the fuck is the harm in that.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 pm

thequigley wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
thequigley wrote:Wondering how many people on here that claim they get 170+ each time actually do. I also wonder how much it is going to suck to confront the results in a month. For those of you who are actually prepping there, go you! One week....

I personally don't see the value in boasting to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum about scores you get on things that don't count, but tbf that doesn't mean nobody does.

Me neither. Trust me. But it's nonetheless the case. Just because you belong to this study group who is taking the test in a week, doesn't mean that you are scoring in that range. I applaud the person who posts every once in a while saying that they got a 164, their personal highest. The truth is that most of the discussion is centered around a few individuals who spend so much time on here that I would be surprised if they were scoring in the high 160's. I am calling B/S, but all of you regulars can feel free to prove me wrong in a month by posting a pic.

It's a pretty self-selecting bunch here -- not just w/r/t this board in general, but also w/r/t those who post about their scores in threads like this. I too applaud the brave souls who are happy to report their 164 on a PT and note it's their personal best given what scores others report, but at the same time have no problem believing that others hit the mid to high 170s regularly.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

thequigley wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

and what does this even mean. like, is it a joke or is it a comeback or is it a jab or is it a compliment or what. no one understands what this means.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:FWIW newbie. This is how my days go. You can ask other people in the thread, the story hasn't changed:

I'm pretty sure everyone else has been pretty consistent too. We're all working our asses off. The last thing we need is some pessimist telling us that we'll be disappointed when we dont hit our goal. Who does that?

"I hope you never reach your dreams you complete stranger who I don't even know."

End rant. I hardly ever get real in this thread, but shit like that pisses me off. Even if people wanna lie about their PT, let them. If that increases their optimism even by the slightest, then what the fuck is the harm in that.

Wow. Your days seem hectic. I'm surprised you only eat a 6-inch, you sound more like someone who enjoys a footlong. Any way, I'm sure your studying will get you great score. Or it won't.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:FWIW newbie. This is how my days go. You can ask other people in the thread, the story hasn't changed:

Im still at work so this doesnt count on me avoiding TLS :P but preach brotha

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

smccgrey wrote:Hahaha I think the reason we are spending so much time on TLS is that we all have full-time, boring AF jobs.

this.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
thequigley wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:

I personally don't see the value in boasting to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum about scores you get on things that don't count, but tbf that doesn't mean nobody does.

Me neither. Trust me. But it's nonetheless the case. Just because you belong to this study group who is taking the test in a week, doesn't mean that you are scoring in that range. I applaud the person who posts every once in a while saying that they got a 164, their personal highest. The truth is that most of the discussion is centered around a few individuals who spend so much time on here that I would be surprised if they were scoring in the high 160's. I am calling B/S, but all of you regulars can feel free to prove me wrong in a month by posting a pic.

It's a pretty self-selecting bunch here -- not just w/r/t this board in general, but also w/r/t those who post about their scores in threads like this. I too applaud the brave souls who are happy to report their 164 on a PT and note it's their personal best given what scores others report, but at the same time have no problem believing that others hit the mid to high 170s regularly.

Right..the same people who scored in the 170's on diag.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
thequigley wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

and what does this even mean. like, is it a joke or is it a comeback or is it a jab or is it a compliment or what. no one understands what this means.

Yea it's unclear but idk im not really into you like that quig so Idt ill grease anything

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:56 pm

thequigley wrote:

Wow. Your days seem hectic. I'm surprised you only eat a 6-inch, you sound more like someone who enjoys a footlong. Any way, I'm sure your studying will get you great score. Or it won't.

No no no, see, I'm more like the person who shoves their own footlong down the throat of people like you after I completely and utterly prove them wrong just so I can give you that pleasure you oh so seek

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:57 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
thequigley wrote:

No no no, see, I'm more like the person who shoves their own footlong down the throat of people like you after I completely and utterly prove them wrong just so I can give you that pleasure you oh so seek

haha. right...I figured...175 and a footlong...I rest my case, your honor.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm

bro you fucking havent made sense one time youve posted. its really ironic that your profile has that billy madison quote when that literally is 100% of the reactions your posts generate

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm

smccgrey wrote:douchenozzle

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:59 pm

hereisonehand wrote:It's a pretty self-selecting bunch here -- not just w/r/t this board in general, but also w/r/t those who post about their scores in threads like this. I too applaud the brave souls who are happy to report their 164 on a PT and note it's their personal best given what scores others report, but at the same time have no problem believing that others hit the mid to high 170s regularly.

Yeah TBH I believe it too. If I can do it, I'd be a pretty big sack of turds if I assumed than no one else could. It's not like I'm some sort of smart person (see: GPA).

If someone posted that they had a 140 diagnostic and then came back two weeks later and was like "k i totes studied and my last PT was like a 179. Omg u guys i'm goin to YALE"

I'd probably not believe that.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:59 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:bro you fucking havent made sense one time youve posted. its really ironic that your profile has that billy madison quote when that literally is 100% of the reactions your posts generate

so ironic.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Really? Jennifer. She poops at parties so that peoples knows?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh okay you big basket of douchenozzles, you all need to let this roll off your backs.

If the Quigs doesn't want to believe you, who cares. Just prove him wrong next saturday. Skepticism is generally a good thing, let's not discourage it....

IT'S FRIDAY LET'S ALL JUST TRY TO GET ALONG.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 pm

also i havent even made a 175 yet, so I don't know where you got that from.. my average is 168, max is 173, and im gunning for 170 on the 27th. you got any tips quigly? my testing supervisor is a female so I cant just blow them

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”