The Official September 2014 Study Group

Colonel_funkadunk

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:15 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Looking forward to seeing your gifs in the waiters' thread, jGoods!
Good luck!

Movie swoops in again w the changed tar makin me think a newbs tryna hop on the scene

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Just took PT69

LR1: -2
LG: -2
RC: -2
LR2: -1
Raw 93
Converted 174

Halfway through my LR2 I was interrupted by a librarian. "Everything ok?" "Yes. Practice test." "Oh, exciting! For what?" "LSAT. It's timed." "Oh! Where do you hope to go?" "LADY, I'M TAKING A PRACTICE TEST I CAN'T TALK >:O"
Luckily I was pretty good on time. I really flew through LR2, so it wasn't too bad... but that last game messed me up

Happy that I was over 170, but slightly disappointed for some reason :'[.. I want -0's!

Taking PT72 tomorrow. What should I expect? Will I be devoured?

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Looking forward to seeing your gifs in the waiters' thread, jGoods!
Good luck!

Movie swoops in again w the changed tar makin me think a newbs tryna hop on the scene

I'm switching to my spirit animal, 1960s Joan Didion, for the last week before the test!

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:19 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Happy that I was over 170, but slightly disappointed for some reason :'[.. I want -0's!

That's the right attitude though. I mean let's be clear, you're killing it, but that frustration with anything less than -0 is how you ultimately win the LSAT. IMO.

bondja

Postby bondja » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:21 pm

LSAT posted my ticket with testing location. Heading there tomorrow to take a time full PT. I look forward to getting familiar with my space and hoping that I'm going to be the only one there. If not, library is 5 minutes away!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm

rebexness wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Happy that I was over 170, but slightly disappointed for some reason :'[.. I want -0's!

That's the right attitude though. I mean let's be clear, you're killing it, but that frustration with anything less than -0 is how you ultimately win the LSAT. IMO.

Except on Test Day.
On test day you can only worry about one question at a time. Not your score. not how many you might miss. one question at a time.

Grey v Bex on testing mindset theories: round 1

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Wondering how many people on here that claim they get 170+ each time actually do. I also wonder how much it is going to suck to confront the results in a month. For those of you who are actually prepping there, go you! One week....

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:28 pm

rebexness wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I don't disagree for PT strategy. I'm just saying that its a good way to get yourself into a panic and waste time and blow more answers on test day.

Yeah I completely agree with Bex. A 175 is a great score, but when you're studying, if you're consistently getting 175, you need to be dissatisfied enough to keep pushing for 180.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Jgoods wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:I need to go to a law school where a professional hockey team is located we need to make that happen

but why? You like baseball, not hockey

I just feel like I need to unleash the beast

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

thequigley wrote:Wondering how many people on here that claim they get 170+ each time actually do. I also wonder how much it is going to suck to confront the results in a month. For those of you who are actually prepping there, go you! One week....

I personally don't see the value in boasting to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum about scores you get on things that don't count, but tbf that doesn't mean nobody does.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:38 pm

thequigley wrote:Wondering how many people on here that claim they get 170+ each time actually do. I also wonder how much it is going to suck to confront the results in a month. For those of you who are actually prepping there, go you! One week....

I've made like 6 181's in a row sowut

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:39 pm

hereisonehand wrote:

I personally don't see the value in boasting to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum about scores you get on things that don't count, but tbf that doesn't mean nobody does.

Me neither. Trust me. But it's nonetheless the case. Just because you belong to this study group who is taking the test in a week, doesn't mean that you are scoring in that range. I applaud the person who posts every once in a while saying that they got a 164, their personal highest. The truth is that most of the discussion is centered around a few individuals who spend so much time on here that I would be surprised if they were scoring in the high 160's. I am calling B/S, but all of you regulars can feel free to prove me wrong in a month by posting a pic.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:39 pm

schmelling wrote:

This is possibly the most cynical thing ever written in this thread. Also, hopefully it won't suck at all.

Good. I like reality.

longhorn65

Postby longhorn65 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:40 pm

For the photo required (not ID) can you take and print it yourself or do you have to get one made? Its kind of rediculous that your ID is not enough but so goes LSAC

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:41 pm

smccgrey wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I don't disagree for PT strategy. I'm just saying that its a good way to get yourself into a panic and waste time and blow more answers on test day.

Yeah I completely agree with Bex. A 175 is a great score, but when you're studying, if you're consistently getting 175, you need to be dissatisfied enough to keep pushing for 180.

Yea I'm just messin wit yall

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:41 pm

[quote="longhorn65"]For the photo required (not ID) can you take and print it yourself or do you have to get one made? Its kind of rediculous that your ID is not enough but so goes LSAC[/quote

Can do yourself. Or walgreens/cvs for $15.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:42 pm

schmelling wrote:

This is possibly the most cynical thing ever written in this thread. Also, hopefully it won't suck at all.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:42 pm

thequigley wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:

Me neither. Trust me. But it's nonetheless the case. Just because you belong to this study group who is taking the test in a week, doesn't mean that you are scoring in that range. I applaud the person who posts every once in a while saying that they got a 164, their personal highest. The truth is that most of the discussion is centered around a few individuals who spend so much time on here that I would be surprised if they were scoring in the high 160's. I am calling B/S, but all of you regulars can feel free to prove me wrong in a month by posting a pic.

Lol who r u

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 pm

schmelling wrote:

really hard to tell given how much has been written in this thread.

Personally I was hesitant to post ITT with my scores - if you look at my early posts I think I talk mostly about my score in relation to "my average" and say vague things about RC and not beyonce. But I wanted to keep myself honest and post whenever I took a PT so that I wouldn't slack off.

It's exciting to share your progress with people who are going through the same thing. Plus I'm not sure how much my family wants to hear me talk through my specific areas of weakness and the nuances of specific tests (I'm looking at you PT62).

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:44 pm

thequigley wrote:
schmelling wrote:

Good. I like reality.

not tryin to be rude. but you should probably leave

longhorn65

Postby longhorn65 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

thequigley wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:For the photo required (not ID) can you take and print it yourself or do you have to get one made? Its kind of rediculous that your ID is not enough but so goes LSAC[/quote

Can do yourself. Or walgreens/cvs for $15.

Thanks didnt realize walgreens did it!

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

actually. yes im trying to be rude. you should leave. dont look back. just go. its over pal. game over. see ya. smell ya later. see you in hell

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”