The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

john2018 wrote:What did you guys think of RC on PT 62? I got 21/27 on it, yet still ended up with a 173? -1 LR -2 LG -2 LR. Was this particularly difficult RC or did I just suck? Any insight into if RC is generally the same difficulty from 62-72?


I think its notoriously seen as tough. I got the same score on it. Missed half as many on 63 n 64

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

hereisonehand wrote:Love the GIF movie... LURKING... DRILLING

Image


Needed to QFNP

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby accessislife » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
accessislife wrote:is everyone drilling only recent LG or hardest LG (a la powerscore http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lg_ ... -games.cfm) or a combination of the 2?


super late comment but Feb tests -_-


Idk all LG

I've done every lg cept for the PTs I haven't taken


ditto I'm just wondering if anyone had a focus on rev for the week to come - my b, going back to work now

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm

accessislife wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
accessislife wrote:is everyone drilling only recent LG or hardest LG (a la powerscore http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lg_ ... -games.cfm) or a combination of the 2?


super late comment but Feb tests -_-


Idk all LG

I've done every lg cept for the PTs I haven't taken


ditto I'm just wondering if anyone had a focus on rev for the week to come - my b, going back to work now


I plan on just redoing some of the sections that I struggled with / missed more than 1 Q on, without regard to type or difficulty

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm

maybe every1 should say what they are doing in regards to the lsat for the week b4 the test bc we have gotten several requests about it

what is bill doing the week b4 the test:
1) reviewing
2)taking a couple PTs

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:59 pm

BillPackets wrote:
what is bill doing the week b4 the test:
1) reviewing
2)taking a couple PTs


/thread

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5996
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:00 pm

I'l be partying and right answer circling.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

smccgrey wrote:I'l be partying and right answer circling.



It says pick best answrr n grey does
That

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4749
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

BillPackets wrote:maybe every1 should say what they are doing in regards to the lsat for the week b4 the test bc we have gotten several requests about it

what is bill doing the week b4 the test:
1) reviewing
2)taking a couple PTs


180.... all day ery day

drilling, more drilling maybe 1 PT (1 satuday prob another tues/wed) but just drilling beyond that

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm planning to take my first PT

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:I'l be partying and right answer circling.


that's funny grey REAL FUNNY

no srsly it is

Dr. Hand's recipe for a 180:

Today: 1 LR section 1 LG section maybe 1 RC section
Tomorrow 1 LG section, a few beers
Saturday: PT 70 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Sunday: PT 71 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Monday - Thursday: 1 LR or RC section and 2 LG sections everyday
Friday: 2-3 LG sections

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I'm planning to take my first PT


Be sure to time it! I heard timing is really important

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

im planning on going over every test to try n predict the content of the LR, RC and LG sections n then try and crowdsource whether my predictions r likely or not with a poll on tls

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I'm planning to take my first PT


wuts a pT n y time it

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:07 pm

BillPackets wrote:im planning on going over every test to try n predict the content of the LR, RC and LG sections n then try and crowdsource whether my predictions r likely or not with a poll on tls


Heard n rc wil focus on crowd sourcing

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I'm planning to take my first PT


wuts a pT n y time it


Well I told myself once I could get half the games right Id try 1

User avatar
chimera
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby chimera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:11 pm

BillPackets wrote:im planning on going over every test to try n predict the content of the LR, RC and LG sections n then try and crowdsource whether my predictions r likely or not with a poll on tls


lol

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5996
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I'l be partying and right answer circling.

It says pick best answrr n grey does
That

I think everyone should just do this.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:19 pm

i think LLH imagined me being something like this

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby accessislife » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:20 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I'l be partying and right answer circling.

It says pick best answrr n grey does
That

I think everyone should just do this.


cosign

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:21 pm

hereisonehand wrote:Dr. Hand's recipe for a 180:

Today: 1 LR section 1 LG section maybe 1 RC section
Tomorrow 1 LG section, a few beers
Saturday: PT 70 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Sunday: PT 71 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Monday - Thursday: 1 LR or RC section and 2 LG sections everyday
Friday: 2-3 LG sections


ErgoSum wrote:Here is my schedule leading up to the exam if anyone wishes to compare/tell me I'm a cruel, evil, brilliant, savant idiot genius.

9/19: PT 69 and review
9/20: PT 72 and review
9/21: Drill
9/22: Drill
9/23: PT 70 and review
9/24: Drill
9/25: PT71 as close to test taking conditions as possible, fully clothed, in a classroom, with a proctor and lucky stones. Review
9/26: Light drilling maybe, focusing energy towards not having anxiety driven explosive diarrhoea, go to the gym, go to the beach and surf.
9/27: Get a 180


I dnt no if I shuld PT on the Thrsday r not. Halp pls. Will this gt me accepted nto Harvard Law so I can reject them? Pls advise. ty

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4749
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:21 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I'l be partying and right answer circling.


that's funny grey REAL FUNNY

no srsly it is

Dr. Hand's recipe for a 180:

Today: 1 LR section 1 LG section maybe 1 RC section
Tomorrow 1 LG section, a few beers
Saturday: PT 70 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Sunday: PT 71 (w/5th section, start around 9 am)
Monday - Thursday: 1 LR or RC section and 2 LG sections everyday
Friday: 2-3 LG sections

Studying on friday before? so many pre-test things (for more than just the LSAT) say studying the day before isnt the best thing to do.

and beers?? you shouldnt be drinking before the test! alcohol messes with memory!!!!

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Jgoods wrote:Studying on friday before? so many pre-test things (for more than just the LSAT) say studying the day before isnt the best thing to do.

and beers?? you shouldnt be drinking before the test! alcohol messes with memory!!!!


mmm but alcohol helps ease the pain of existence, and I hit my average the next day as long as I don't have more than a few

and I'm def. drilling some LG the day before, keep that muscle memory sharp

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:29 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
I dnt no if I shuld PT on the Thrsday r not. Halp pls. Will this gt me accepted nto Harvard Law so I can reject them? Pls advise. ty


I'd consider doing it myself if I had that day off. It will probably have no effect whatsoever on whether you get into Harvard.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5996
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:30 pm

I can't imagine NOT studying on the friday.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Baidu [Spider], dj9i27, Exabot [Bot], Instrumental, sethnoorzad and 10 guests