The Official September 2014 Study Group

ErgoSum

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:36 pm

john2018 wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Idk wut YouTube proctors r

I've been using a video by 7sage or EveryLSAT on my phone when I take the tests. They proctor the exam by timing it etc. It's actually been pretty helpful but they go fast in between sections, and I don't have time to switch my chronograph back to the starting point fast enough, lol.

Just have to train yourself to instantly reset watch when they call time. I'll either do that, or if I finish a section early, I go ahead and reset and prepare it for the next section before I review some of my iffy-answers

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:I AM FREE AT LAST
horrifyingchild.gif

with great power comes great responsibility

:']

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 pm

BillPackets wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:I AM FREE AT LAST
--ImageRemoved--

Is that IRL

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
with great power comes great responsibility

The context quote of the summer

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:26 am

ErgoSum wrote:
john2018 wrote:

I've been using a video by 7sage or EveryLSAT on my phone when I take the tests. They proctor the exam by timing it etc. It's actually been pretty helpful but they go fast in between sections, and I don't have time to switch my chronograph back to the starting point fast enough, lol.

Just have to train yourself to instantly reset watch when they call time. I'll either do that, or if I finish a section early, I go ahead and reset and prepare it for the next section before I review some of my iffy-answers

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:28 am

ErgoSum wrote:
john2018 wrote:

If you have no iffy answers then you'll be set, you can slowly set your watch back with 10 minutes left knowing you just crushed the last section in 25 minutes

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:28 am

ErgoSum wrote:
john2018 wrote:

you'll feel like a god

fra

Postby fra » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:31 am

Just woke up from a dream in which I walked out of the lsat in the second section because I forgot to bubble the first section. Also the second section was a new format, non experimental LR section in which all of the answer choices were on 4 pages in the beginning of the section. There were so many answer choices that they were labeled AAAA-ZZZZ. Also a bunch of people I knew were also taking the test and they judged me super hard for walking out.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 am

fra wrote:Just woke up from a dream in which I walked out of the lsat in the second section because I forgot to bubble the first section. Also the second section was a new format, non experimental LR section in which all of the answer choices were on 4 pages in the beginning of the section. There were so many answer choices that they were labeled AAAA-ZZZZ. Also a bunch of people I knew were also taking the test and they judged me super hard for walking out.

ouch... that sounds messed up, but you do you bro, screw them glaring bastards! lol I'm sure you still hit 180 in your dream

chimera

Postby chimera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:39 am

I've only had one LSAT dream and it was me opening the test booklet to see everything in Spanish along with new section/question types. I-it was awful

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 am

chimera wrote:I've only had one LSAT dream and it was me opening the test booklet to see everything in Spanish along with new section/question types. I-it was awful

Sue the LSAC

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 am

Jgoods wrote:
chimera wrote:I've only had one LSAT dream and it was me opening the test booklet to see everything in Spanish along with new section/question types. I-it was awful

Sue the LSAC

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 am

going for gifs by the time I hit my lunch break... i wouldn't look like such a loser if you bums were awake and having stuff in-between my own posts...

chimera

Postby chimera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:46 am

checked my lsat ticket and it's in the best possible building at the test center. tons of room comfy chairs, no desks. pretty stoked on that

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 am

chimera wrote:checked my lsat ticket and it's in the best possible building at the test center. tons of room comfy chairs, no desks. pretty stoked on that

Nice, I got no idea about mine lol I gotta check that out

BJS

Postby BJS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:44 am

Reviewing PT34 from last night and I havd a question on RC #13, the first question in the passage about vertical and horizontal gene aquisition. I really struggled to concentrate with this passage because my college roommate is getting his doctorate in genetics, so I mock him about punnett squares and he tells me crazy shit about how genetics actually works.

Why is #13 E? The passage says nothing about many biologists accepting the new evidence and research that shows genes can be inherrited horizontally. The only time a group of biologists is mentioned in the passage is in the first paragraph, when they reject Lamarck's ridiculous hypothesis and believe environmentally induced adaptations are not genetic. Is this that many=some BS? Because many, to me, indicates a large percentage or general group of people.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:29 am

So, I've been doing really well on these Flaw questions. Like, I got two wrong on the level three, maybe a handful wrong total in a solid 130+ questions. Then last night I go to finish the packet and I quit after 16 questions because I'm tired. Go to grade, and - WTF - 6 wrong. That's more than a third.

I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 am

What are the odds of an unusual game type in the logic games? Are you all prepping for this possibility? My focus has been on just getting really good at advanced linear/grouping games but if the test has a mapping game on it or something i'm gonna flip. That would be 3 weird games in a row(though circular reasoning games are a breeze).

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 am

JerryLundegard wrote:What are the odds of an unusual game type in the logic games? Are you all prepping for this possibility? My focus has been on just getting really good at advanced linear/grouping games but if the test has a mapping game on it or something i'm gonna flip. That would be 3 weird games in a row(though circular reasoning games are a breeze).

Is this a srs q

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 am

sfoglia wrote:
I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

lmao

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:08 am

BJS wrote:Reviewing PT34 from last night and I havd a question on RC #13, the first question in the passage about vertical and horizontal gene aquisition. I really struggled to concentrate with this passage because my college roommate is getting his doctorate in genetics, so I mock him about punnett squares and he tells me crazy shit about how genetics actually works.

Why is #13 E? The passage says nothing about many biologists accepting the new evidence and research that shows genes can be inherrited horizontally. The only time a group of biologists is mentioned in the passage is in the first paragraph, when they reject Lamarck's ridiculous hypothesis and believe environmentally induced adaptations are not genetic. Is this that many=some BS? Because many, to me, indicates a large percentage or general group of people.

wish you would have posted this before I left for work :/ the books I brought don't have that PT but I do kind of remember it and getting that answer right (i think anyways)

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 am

BillPackets wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:What are the odds of an unusual game type in the logic games? Are you all prepping for this possibility? My focus has been on just getting really good at advanced linear/grouping games but if the test has a mapping game on it or something i'm gonna flip. That would be 3 weird games in a row(though circular reasoning games are a breeze).

Is this a srs q

I guess I should have realized that actual lsat questions on this thread are forbidden. I do have things to do and can't comb 339 pages of largely useless discussion. Forgive me

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 am

BJS wrote:Reviewing PT34 from last night and I havd a question on RC #13, the first question in the passage about vertical and horizontal gene aquisition. I really struggled to concentrate with this passage because my college roommate is getting his doctorate in genetics, so I mock him about punnett squares and he tells me crazy shit about how genetics actually works.

IDK if you've checked out manhattan at all but heres the explanation they give on their blog/forum thing
"The word many indicates "at least some." And it is true that many biologists no longer believe that "all genes are inherited vertically." In lines 51-58 the passage says that the evidence appears to show that some genes can be transmitted horizontally. If some genes are transmitted horizontally, then it's not true that all genes are transmitted vertically.

I know you're focused on the term "many biologists." Remember that this is actually a very weak way of referring to biologists. Two biologists no longer holding this view would be enough. And on line 57, the passage implies that these biologists have accepted the claim that some genes are transmitted horizontally.

(A) is on the wrong side of the argument. It appears that more biologists may be inclined to hold this belief.
(B) is on the wrong side of the argument. It appears that more biologists may be inclined to hold this belief.
(C) is not something biologists previously believed. The question is about what biologists "no longer" believe.
(D) is not mentioned in the passage. We know that some biologists believe this claim to be true, but not whether any believe this claim to be false."

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 am

Jgoods wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
john2018 wrote:

you'll feel like a god

This. Best feeling ever. I've been able to get myself to finish LR with 8-10 minutes every time. I reset my watch, take a breath, and begin the review

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 am

2003-2013 were all grouping, linear, combo, or advanced linear games my man

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”