The Official September 2014 Study Group

sfoglia

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:If you all aren't at 100 by tmrw u aren't TLSing right

No way I'm getting to 100 by tmrw... guess I'm doing it wrong... but maybe, just maybe... thats Okay

You're posting too discriminately. You need to get your shit poast on.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

sfoglia wrote:get your shit poast on

--ImageRemoved--

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

No way I'm getting to 100 by tmrw... guess I'm doing it wrong... but maybe, just maybe... thats Okay

This x1000

BJS

Postby BJS » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Had an open night, so I took PT34 (just a four section). It. Was. Terrible. I felt distracted the entire time, but it didn't get really bad until S4 - LG - when I got two business calls (I forgot to silence my phone, and then just didn't). I couldn't focus AT ALL. Ughhhhhhhhhh. I don't necessarily feel burnt out, but I'm so sick of this shit. I can only see my girlfriend for one night a week because of my study/work schedule. So ready for the evening of the 27th.

TX_UH

Postby TX_UH » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:That moment when you realize you're not quite as good at RC that you thought you were based on more recent passages.... I know what I'm doing tonight!

In the same boat.

I've been here so long I think I'm captain now :roll:

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm excited for the upcoming RC next Saturday. My guess is one will be "Mexican-American Eskimo woman revolutionises honey-bee breeding and saves planet, and then writes genre-transcending autobiographical how-to, incorporating elements of jazz."

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

This x1000

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:52 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

can we just count that other chat :/ id have 100 ez lol but I'm about to shut down my comp for the night (besides one quick peek b4 sleep)

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:52 pm

ErgoSum wrote:I'm excited for the upcoming RC next Saturday. My guess is one will be "Mexican-American Eskimo woman revolutionises honey-bee breeding and saves planet, and then writes genre-transcending autobiographical how-to, incorporating elements of jazz."

Or maybe the aesthetic history of the carbon molecule

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Jgoods wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

can we just count that other chat :/ id have 100 ez lol but I'm about to shut down my comp for the night (besides one quick peek b4 sleep)

J boogie on the scene 4 good

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:56 pm

We were cookin in the tinychat I did a live demo of the tdcs n was playing dress up me n LLH were even chatting she said I looked a lot diff than what she imagined

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 pm

BillPackets wrote:We were cookin in the tinychat I did a live demo of the tdcs n was playing dress up me n LLH were even chatting she said I looked a lot diff than what she imagined

My cam made bill sea sick

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:01 pm

I just did 46 LR Principle questions. That was not as fun as I imagined it would be

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

ErgoSum wrote:I just did 46 LR Principle questions. That was not as fun as I imagined it would be

Principle: principle questions suck and ppl who think they'll be fun have stupid ideas

Application: cognito has stupid ideas, bc he thot a packet of principle q might be fun

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:I just did 46 LR Principle questions. That was not as fun as I imagined it would be

Principle: principle questions suck and ppl who think they'll be fun have stupid ideas

Application: cognito has stupid ideas, bc he thot a packet of principle q might be fun

I had to brute force my way to that answer

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I had to brute force my way to that answer

Eta: just postin a gif bc I can

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:10 pm

BillPackets wrote:We were cookin in the tinychat I did a live demo of the tdcs n was playing dress up me n LLH were even chatting she said I looked a lot diff than what she imagined

LLH was there for a hot minute than hid under a rock or something, peeking out once in a while :P...

So RC... I think my biggest issue is while reading ill get distracted(even if its the slightest distraction) and my train of though will be thinking about that topic that popped up in my head and then i focus on the RC again and realize I didn't retain a whole paragraph I just read, easier passages i can make up for it and figure everything i missed easily but mid-hard and i get lost bc i get distracted more often and seem to keep getting out of focus and have no idea what i read

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Jgoods wrote:

LLH was there for a hot minute than hid under a rock or something, peeking out once in a while :P...

So RC... I think my biggest issue is while reading ill get distracted(even if its the slightest distraction) and my train of though will be thinking about that topic that popped up in my head and then i focus on the RC again and realize I didn't retain a whole paragraph I just read, easier passages i can make up for it and figure everything i missed easily but mid-hard and i get lost bc i get distracted more often and seem to keep getting out of focus and have no idea what i read

Have you tried reading quietly out loud?

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
gif.gif

Eta: just postin a gif bc I can

Soon™

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

well during the actual test wouldn't that not be the most accepted thing to do? idk be dependent on an unrealistic approach of handling a section

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Jgoods wrote:

I was busy!!! :mrgreen: Don't hold it against me…

Bill, yes you did. Still, very surprised.
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Jgoods wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

well during the actual test wouldn't that not be the most accepted thing to do? idk be dependent on an unrealistic approach of handling a section

True. Maybe even just kind of mouthing it out when you start getting distracted? Just for a sentence or two until you are brought back to the page. It happens to me sometimes, and I just stop right when I lose focus, take a breath, and reread from where I started traveling through space-time

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

True. Maybe even just kind of mouthing it out when you start getting distracted? Just for a sentence or two until you are brought back to the page. It happens to me sometimes, and I just stop right when I lose focus, take a breath, and reread from where I started traveling through space-time

I often start off (or even when i get back on track) reading slightly aloud but then realize i shouldn't be (as if people were around me taking the test), but thats normally what i do, the problem is when its a wordy one and it keeps happening -_- though I'll give mouthing the words a shot and get back to ya... but thats all for the night, have a good one y'all

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

Just plz tell me what u thot I would look like were u expecting a fat loser who hides behind a computer screen all day n just says mean shit 2 ppl on attempts at boosting his self esteem

My b like epic quote fail my response is above your last comment LLH
Last edited by BillPackets on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

Yea pup u disappeared

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”