The Official September 2014 Study Group

BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 am

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:Tomorrow night around 7PM Eastern Time we are having a tiny chat session! :wink: Bill, and colonel are going on cam. I'm super curious to see the two of you.

I don't have a computer at home

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am

sfoglia wrote:Anyone else running on empty? I need a fucking intravenuous coffee drip.

My fiancée told me that holding magnetite in both hands balances u out n gives u more energy

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am

sfoglia wrote:Anyone else running on empty? I need a fucking intravenuous coffee drip.

The second I open a book my eyes want to close... it's horrible

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am

Glad to see Toby is back!

I was away drilling some LG and applying for a job and y'all got both all business AND all ryan gosling/beyonce gif in here at the same time; sorry I missed it. Seems like I'll also be missing the opportunity to see LLH on video - someone indeed better take some screenshots.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 am

That's how I roll anyways. I started throwing in some caffeine pills as they are easier on the stomach. But actually feeling really relaxed about the upcoming test.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am

BJS wrote:

I'm probably feeling better than I have at any point in my study process. I definitely feel more focused and more productive. I think the difference has been forcing myself to get sleep. I had been getting 5-6 hours of sleep - and going to bed between midnight and one - but I had to start getting 7-9 hours when I got sick two weeks ago. I don't have as much time to study, but my study time is far more efficient and I waste less time watching TV or reading articles on the Internet.

Sfogs - if you're not getting seven hours of sleep a night, I would suggest doing that above all else.

Try five.

I need to take time off work or just not get everything done that's expected of me here. I don't think it's a coincidence that I scored my best on Monday, after sleeping in Saturday and on Sunday. Work is killing me right now.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

I'm probably feeling better than I have at any point in my study process. I definitely feel more focused and more productive. I think the difference has been forcing myself to get sleep. I had been getting 5-6 hours of sleep - and going to bed between midnight and one - but I had to start getting 7-9 hours when I got sick two weeks ago. I don't have as much time to study, but my study time is far more efficient and I waste less time watching TV or reading articles on the Internet.

Sfogs - if you're not getting seven hours of sleep a night, I would suggest doing that above all else.

Try five.

I need to take time off work or just not get everything done that's expected of me here. I don't think it's a coincidence that I scored my best on Monday, after sleeping in Saturday and on Sunday. Work is killing me right now.

You taking a couple days off before the test next week? You should. I wish I had more vacation days than the one I'm taking that Friday, but it is what it is.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:25 am

BillPackets wrote:

My fiancée told me that holding magnetite in both hands balances u out n gives u more energy

Magnetite m sea floor spreading viz a viz PT 63

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:28 am

rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:We need to do a tiny chat session... :mrgreen: colonel, and bill need to go on cam-im kind of curious to see how you guys look in person.

The thirst is real.

Quoted to show my support for the gun show.

BJS

Postby BJS » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 am

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

Try five.

Is there a way to slack off in work commitments? Any way to decrease your study regime? I'm pushing 55-65 hour weeks at work this month, so I definitely understand the struggle. I hate not performing my absolute best in a commitment, especially a professional commitment, but I'd rather underperform for two weeks at work than underperform on the LSAT. Last year, I busted ass at work - including attending a conference the day before the LSAT - and was utterly exhausted during the test. I earned local and regional honors for my professional performance, but here I am retaking the LSAT. I am determined not to make the same mistake.

My suggestion: find a way to get seven hours of sleep, even if it means decreasing your drilling time.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 am

BillPackets wrote:

I don't have any magnetite. :/ I think my stones are coming today. Maybe one of them has energy boosting properties as well.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 am

Do u have 1 of the stone books that tells u wtf they all do

accessislife

Postby accessislife » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

I don't have any magnetite. :/ I think my stones are coming today. Maybe one of them has energy boosting properties as well.

can someone elaborate on this stone business?

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 am

BJS wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

Try five.

Is there a way to slack off in work commitments? Any way to decrease your study regime? I'm pushing 55-65 hour weeks at work this month, so I definitely understand the struggle. I hate not performing my absolute best in a commitment, especially a professional commitment, but I'd rather underperform for two weeks at work than underperform on the LSAT. Last year, I busted ass at work - including attending a conference the day before the LSAT - and was utterly exhausted during the test. I earned local and regional honors for my professional performance, but here I am retaking the LSAT. I am determined not to make the same mistake.

My suggestion: find a way to get seven hours of sleep, even if it means decreasing your drilling time.

Short story is that I could do nothing for the next two weeks and maybe get a slap on the wrist but not much more. I just have too much, what is that thing called when you give a shit about people who don't give a shit about you? Oh, yeah. Stupidity.

EFF this. I'm going to get everything I need to get done to minimum satisfaction before 3pm and then spend the last three hours here doing LR on my computer.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am

Ppl plz the left lane is for passing not cruising ppls clear inability to read road signs makes me question literacy rates

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am

BillPackets wrote:Do u have 1 of the stone books that tells u wtf they all do

I don't. Internet. I do know a lot by rote, like rose quartz being good for bringing love to you, clear quartz as absorbing negative energy (I carry one with me at all times, and ditto coral, which also protects against negativity), pearls for tranquility. I should download something onto my Kindle.

Accessislife: Natural stones are believed to have properties, to vibrate at certain frequencies so as to alter your vibrations, and thus your emotional environment/state. Kind of like how certain herbs or smells are attributed certain properties, or the use of yoga or meditation to ground yourself, to literally harmonize your bodily vibrations with those of the earth. It probably sounds like new-agey bullshit, but the oldest religions in the world believed in this sort of stuff.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 am

sfoglia wrote:Internet.

Last edited by Hand on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

BJS

Postby BJS » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 am

sfoglia wrote:Short story is that I could do nothing for the next two weeks and maybe get a slap on the wrist but not much more. I just have too much, what is that thing called when you give a shit about people who don't give a shit about you? Oh, yeah. Stupidity.

EFF this. I'm going to get everything I need to get done to minimum satisfaction before 3pm and then spend the last three hours here doing LR on my computer.

If you're the kind of person who hates not doing your best, dialing down your commitment for one week probably won't harm much professionally.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 am

sfoglia wrote:Accessislife: Natural stones are believed to have properties, to vibrate at certain frequencies so as to alter your vibrations, and thus your emotional environment/state. Kind of like how certain herbs or smells are attributed certain properties, or the use of yoga or meditation to ground yourself, to literally harmonize your bodily vibrations with those of the earth. It probably sounds like new-agey bullshit, but the oldest religions in the world believed in this sort of stuff.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 am

Thot that was sum PW'ing

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 am

I missed a lot by going to bed early last night, but you're all 180 and I really fucking love you all. Sfogs, that Beyonce/Ryan Gosling gif masterpiece is frankly enough for me to admit you to Yale, if I was Asha.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 am

sfoglia wrote:Quoted to show my support for the gun show.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 am

smccgrey wrote:I missed a lot by going to bed early last night, but you're all 180 and I really fucking love you all. Sfogs, that Beyonce/Ryan Gosling gif masterpiece is frankly enough for me to admit you to Yale, if I was Asha.

Cosign

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 am

hereisonehand wrote:Glad to see Toby is back!

I was away drilling some LG and applying for a job and y'all got both all business AND all ryan gosling/beyonce gif in here at the same time; sorry I missed it. Seems like I'll also be missing the opportunity to see LLH on video - someone indeed better take some screenshots.

Thats just evil. :|

I can see you already sending them to all T14 admissions, and LSAC outing me out. :mrgreen:

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:30 am

smccgrey wrote:I missed a lot by going to bed early last night, but you're all 180 and I really fucking love you all. Sfogs, that Beyonce/Ryan Gosling gif masterpiece is frankly enough for me to admit you to Yale, if I was Asha.

hi grey we colonel sent out the grey call but it couldnt penetrate the wake u from ur deep sleep

edit i was really uncomfy w my use of the word that i struck out and i dont mean the

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”