The Official September 2014 Study Group

BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Brut wrote:do you guys like studying for the lsat
i remember thinking it was not so bad when i was in your shoes circa 2011-2012

I want it 2 b over idt it's 'bad' but I'm ready to move on n use my free time in a diff way for awhile n stop thinking about this

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

I like LG, and in general its not bad.

But its just really frustating making stupid mistakes.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Brut wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true?

the 'pick 5 of 9 therapies' game

OHH that's right. Thank you! I think it's good to remember how unapologetically LSAC will try to F you.

Sup Colonel! Sup Bill! Freaking out a lil, but just doing some drilling to settle the nerves.

Postby 03152016 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:45 pm

re: funk
yup i feel that
but remember every mistake is a learning opportunity
try to make tangible changes when it happens
when i lost points those questions became priority #1
i'd look at it from every angle, read the manhattan forums, assign myself drilling, tweak strategies
and, when possible, i'd try to have some corrective measure in place by the next pt
that also applies (maybe esp so) to those obvious "damn i should have gotten that" questions

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Brut wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true?

the 'pick 5 of 9 therapies' game

OHH that's right. Thank you! I think it's good to remember how unapologetically LSAC will try to F you.

Sup Colonel! Sup Bill! Freaking out a lil, but just doing some drilling to settle the nerves.

I did an lg RC b LR 2night from various tests cept I cannot f'ing figure out what test the LR is from n I wanted to look up 1 question it was a method question bout bicycles number 15 just dk the test if any1 knows PM me plz

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Brut wrote:re: funk
yup i feel that
i'd look at it from every angle, read the manhattan forums, assign myself drilling, tweak strategies
and, when possible, i'd try to have some corrective measure in place by the next pt
that also applies (maybe esp so) to those obvious "damn i should have gotten that" questions

Improving LR has been a huge struggle for me, and in general it's been a slow trudge toward reducing those stupid mistakes. How is life after the LSAT? :)

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Brut wrote:re: funk
yup i feel that

Thanks for the advice

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 am

Love the lsat

I would tutor if I got the right score. Just pay me in gum

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 am

BillPackets wrote:

I want it 2 b over idt it's 'bad' but I'm ready to move on n use my free time in a diff way for awhile n stop thinking about this

Werd bruh

Want to work and save money for lawl sckool

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:10 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:11 am

I can't wait because after the LSAT is done and my apps are all out, my work contract is up and I have about 6 months of vacation until law school starts. Gonna use that time to travel Asia/Europe, or live in some European country and try to learn the language. It's gonna be kick ass and I can't wait to just relax and do my shit, especially after I have a few acceptance letters.

Postby 03152016 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:14 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Improving LR has been a huge struggle for me, and in general it's been a slow trudge toward reducing those stupid mistakes. How is life after the LSAT? :)

it's aight
prepping was more fun tho

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:I can't wait because after the LSAT is done and my apps are all out, my work contract is up and I have about 6 months of vacation until law school starts. Gonna use that time to travel Asia/Europe, or live in some European country and try to learn the language. It's gonna be kick ass and I can't wait to just relax and do my shit, especially after I have a few acceptance letters.

Eastern Europe > western

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:I can't wait because after the LSAT is done and my apps are all out, my work contract is up and I have about 6 months of vacation until law school starts. Gonna use that time to travel Asia/Europe, or live in some European country and try to learn the language. It's gonna be kick ass and I can't wait to just relax and do my shit, especially after I have a few acceptance letters.

Live in Istanbul and be in both Asia and Europe! I was there only for a month, but it's one of my favorite cities. Super cool. Turkish is pretty hard, though.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 am

After the LSAT I'll prolly quit my lucrative job n sail around on a yacht for awhile it's always been my dream to boat from the east coast to the west coast via the panama canal

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:35 am

BillPackets wrote:After the LSAT I'll prolly quit my lucrative job n sail around on a yacht for awhile it's always been my dream to boat from the east coast to the west coast via the panama canal

Sounds good, Bill. Stop by my island in the Indies, and we'll go hunting for peasants.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 am

"After the LSAT I will fulfill all my dreams"

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
BillPackets wrote:After the LSAT I'll prolly quit my lucrative job n sail around on a yacht for awhile it's always been my dream to boat from the east coast to the west coast via the panama canal

Sounds good, Bill. Stop by my island in the Indies, and we'll go hunting for peasants.

I really loled at peasants n I'm not sure if u really mean peasants as in the proles or pheasants as in the bird

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Hi movie

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:52 am

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

I really loled at peasants n I'm not sure if u really mean peasants as in the proles or pheasants as in the bird

Peasants, of course. Apparently pheasants can fly up to speeds of 60mph, so that would not be very relaxing.

Btw I found this company that will allow you to pay them to give you a certificate stating that you've offset your yacht's carbon footprint.
http://www.yachtcarbonoffset.com
I'm not sure why any of us are studying for the LSAT when there are people making money this way.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Hi movie

*salutes*
Hi Colonel

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 am

Uhh what an oddly specific carbon offset 2 purchase I wonder if ppl who drive cars can buy carbon offsets

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Peasants, of course. Apparently pheasants can fly up to speeds of 60mph, so that would not be very relaxing.

Btw I found this company that will allow you to pay them to give you a certificate stating that you've offset your yacht's carbon footprint.
http://www.yachtcarbonoffset.com
I'm not sure why any of us are studying for the LSAT when there are people making money this way.

It's really all about the peregrine falcon

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 am

Why aren't you all sleeping?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:*salutes*
Hi Colonel

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”