The Official September 2014 Study Group

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53 pm

schmelling wrote:I think everyone should try to look at 72. It felt pretty different from other tests. I had heard the LG was weird so I decided to take it as an exercise in "what would he do if something foreign pops up?" I was pleasantly surprised to score within my range. The test is hard, but it has a curve to match. I think it will only give you more confidence that you've seen everything the test can throw at you.

I can look at it and do them, but I can't add another PT to my schedule. Stupid job.

accessislife

Postby accessislife » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:55 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Say you are taking 70 and 71...

i've taken those two (this past week) - just have 72 left of the 70s

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 pm

accessislife wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

What did you think? I'm a little bit uneasy about where my score is going to land on these next three PTs.

accessislife

Postby accessislife » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:06 pm

sfoglia wrote:
accessislife wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

What did you think? I'm a little bit uneasy about where my score is going to land on these next three PTs.

so not going to lie 70 smacked me in the face - I had been doing 60s and it was my first recent test, SUPER low - then I did what I call a dissection - heavy drilling with intense blind review & MLSAT forums + stopwatch method studying
I was also super sick when I took 70 so that could have contributed - but it definitely requires a more "mindful" manner of test taking - better traps i think

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

schmelling wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Let me just say about PT 72... I still hold to this day that it has the hardest LR I've seen. Just one of the sections though. The other was was okay.

The first LR gave me trouble. I fell for a couple sucker choices, and on one of the questions I made an unwarranted assumption. The second was fine.

Edit: On one of the questions in the first LR 57% of people choose one of the sucker choices. I've seen questions where more people get the sucker choice than the correct answer, but Its pretty rare to see a majority of test takers go for a sucker choice.

What Q schmelly

fra

Postby fra » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

BJS wrote:ETA: Here's a graph of my sections across the tests. Same thing - a ton of variation.
http://i.imgur.com/PUBlz3Y.jpg

I have issues with the way that lsatqa graphs the section scores. The graphs are unnecessarily noisy.
Since lsatqa graphs the number of credited responses per section and since the number of questions vary between sections (e.g. 23 questions in LG in one test, 24 in another), you could get 100% of questions right all of the time and still have a noisy graph.

I started recording my scores in a spreadsheet and graphing the percent of credited responses plus the running average from my last five tests so that I could get better graphs than the ones provided by lsatqa.

TLDR, it's difficult to get any information about the variation in your section scores from the lsatqa graphs.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Took 70 the other day n it pretty much felt like the LSAT Qs were pretty much the same the only thing that was diff was me being a DUMMY but u was in a food court so yeah but there's only been 3 tests in the 70s so I just dk how 3 tests is enuf 2 say "the 70s are way diff than the 60s"

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:53 pm

BillPackets wrote: schmelly

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote: schmelly

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:08 pm

schmelling wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Let me just say about PT 72... I still hold to this day that it has the hardest LR I've seen. Just one of the sections though. The other was was okay.

The first LR gave me trouble. I fell for a couple sucker choices, and on one of the questions I made an unwarranted assumption. The second was fine.

Edit: On one of the questions in the first LR 57% of people choose one of the sucker choices. I've seen questions where more people get the sucker choice than the correct answer, but Its pretty rare to see a majority of test takers go for a sucker choice.

What Q schmelly

PT 72 SPOILER ALERT

LR1- Q16

57% choose E vs 34% the correct answer D

I was among the 57 :|

Well I thot u were talking bout 70 so my b for causing the spoiler alert

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 pm

BillPackets wrote:Took 70 the other day n it pretty much felt like the LSAT Qs were pretty much the same the only thing that was diff was me being a DUMMY but u was in a food court so yeah but there's only been 3 tests in the 70s so I just dk how 3 tests is enuf 2 say "the 70s are way diff than the 60s"

Like I only just figured out the 60s a few days ago, so you all need to relax with the 70s throwing you for a loop, lest I have a heart attack before we even make it to week of. "Here lies Sfoglia, she could have been a lawyer."

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Took 70 the other day n it pretty much felt like the LSAT Qs were pretty much the same the only thing that was diff was me being a DUMMY but u was in a food court so yeah but there's only been 3 tests in the 70s so I just dk how 3 tests is enuf 2 say "the 70s are way diff than the 60s"

Like I only just figured out the 60s a few days ago, so you all need to relax with the 70s throwing you for a loop, lest I have a heart attack before we even make it to week of. "Here lies Sfoglia, she could have been a lawyer."

The LSAT is crazily standardized fogs like crazy standardized

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 pm

sfoglia wrote:

Don't worry about it. It's basically the same shit every time if you ask me. I mean, sure, PT 60-70 don't feel exactly like, say, PT 20-30 or whatever, so it's good to do a bunch of more recent ones. Presumably, it's not the exact same people who write the Qs nor the same people who evaluate them as 20 years ago, so that's all to be expected. But beyond this sort of general "the more recent ones aren't exactly like the really old ones" looking for how and in what way there is some distinction here or there is... well exactly the sort of obsessiveness one would expect to find itt, haha. But seriously, don't worry.

ETA or, as Bill put it

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:The LSAT is crazily standardized fogs like crazy standardized
Last edited by Hand on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 pm

smccgrey wrote:

I've heard rumors they r gonna unstandardize it

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

Just make it about couches with flawed arguments.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:32 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

Just make it about couches with flawed arguments.

That's the first two sections, then a color by numbers picture BYOCP (bring your own colored pencils)

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I heard they were actually adding in an audio portion where various members of SCOTUS would read the LR sections n they would record them n then u would have 2 listen n choose the right answer using a clicker click 1x for A 2x for B 3x for C 4x for D 5x for E apparently tho they tested this out on some kids n their clickers were too touchy so kids were clicking too many times n there r no take backs cuz it's the LSAT so they're still working on developing the less touchy clickers apparently some recent innovations in nanotechnology r really speeding along this process

Edit: Shitpoasting brb actually studying guys

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:47 pm

BillPackets wrote:I heard they were actually adding in an audio portion where various members of SCOTUS would read the LR sections n they would record them n then u would have 2 listen n choose the right answer using a clicker click 1x for A 2x for B 3x for C 4x for D 5x for E apparently tho they tested this out on some kids n their clickers were too touchy so kids were clicking too many times n there r no take backs cuz it's the LSAT so they're still working on developing the less touchy clickers apparently some recent innovations in nanotechnology r really speeding along this process

Edit: Shitpoasting brb actually studying guys

What if we just walk in, they ask us what color grass is, and that's it... that's the test.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Jgoods wrote:What if we just walk in, they ask us what color grass is, and that's it... that's the test.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:53 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Jgoods wrote:What if we just walk in, they ask us what color grass is, and that's it... that's the test.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Just make it about couches with flawed arguments.

That's the first two sections, then a color by numbers picture BYOCP (bring your own colored pencils)

LMAO hilarious.

I'm just going to go with Bill and assume the best.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”