The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Grey can u also tell me where the inferences come from in inference Qs is it in the stimulus or hidden

Grey on LG if there are 4 spots and T must b before S can s be first?

OKAY I GET IT WE'RE JUST ASKING OBVIOUS STUFF. NOPE
not S __ __ not T

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:If it's accuracy in general that's your problem, and not just adapting to a time environment, untimed drilling helps you concentrate on how to attack q's to get the fundys down first

Eta: fundys = fundamentals


Ahhh! That makes sense. Maybe I should do that.

Any reason not to drill PrepTest 67?


Umm your copy of 67 may be locked in a cabinet that's infested w mice and you don't want to deal w a mouse infestation.

That's one possible reason.

But id drill as much as you can without burning out and it's pretty easy to drill a section or two a day without feelin that pt fatigue

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Grey can u also tell me where the inferences come from in inference Qs is it in the stimulus or hidden

Grey on LG if there are 4 spots and T must b before S can s be first?

OKAY I GET IT WE'RE JUST ASKING OBVIOUS STUFF. NOPE
not S __ __ not T



That's a badass diagram I never thot to diagram linear games _ _ _ _ like that

Edit: do you hate me grey

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 pm

:(

edit: also, I hate being sick.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:How'd your PT go today sfogs?


I did exceedingly well, and I just want to hug and kiss everyone in this thread, because I feel like your support is carrying me through these last PTs, so I can September with you all.

ryan.gif

Two things:

1. Hoping anyone else who has also done 68 can offer their opinion on its difficult relative to other tests. I felt very insecure while taking it, and had circled a lot of questions for which I arrived at the answer by process of elimination.

2. I was originally only going to take a half day on Friday, the 26th, but now I think I should take time off next week week to do a final PT. Do you think I should take PT 71 on Thursday or Wednesday? Can we all share our "week of" study plans?


hey good job! Like I said, I found it to be overall fairly average, although I struggled a bit on the LG. There were some pretty hard parts on the RC too now that I think of it, someone else brought this up earlier (like, 25 pages ago or something), the passage on the invisible hand, weird questions.

I'm not going to take any PTs after this Sunday, b/c work till Thursday and relaxing on Friday. Just plan to keep on doing LG, one section a day.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:it's pretty easy to drill a section or two a day without feelin that pt fatigue


yeah this

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

smccgrey wrote::(


:D

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

sashafierce wrote:
I mean, I just usually ask myself "Does this absolutely NEED to be true?" The negation test sometimes confuses me, so asking myself if it 100% absolutely must be true usually works.


I actually don't use negation at all in LR... LR is my jam though. Usually the wrong, sufficient answer is a bit too extreme to be right. if the question says

"Bill wants to eat a slice of pizza. Pizza is delicious, and Bill will definitely have a slice this evening as a snack if there is one in his fridge. Therefore, Bill will eat pizza tonight. "
The argument will only follow if which one of the following is assumed

A)There is a slice of Pizza in Bill's fridge
B) Bill has an entire Pizza in his fridge

B is wrong because it is sufficient (enough pizza for Bill), but not necessary (he only needs the one slice). This is obviously an extremely simple example, but when the question is more complex, it can be easier to hide the wrong answer.


Took a break to watch some ratchet tv :oops: Thanks a lot sfoglia and smccgrey. This really kills me because I end up choosing the sufficient answer choice, the negation test confuses sometimes so I will try asking sfoglia approach.


The majority of NA questions rest on an important term shift. "Studies show that people who do yoga are happy. Therefore in order to increase ones level of success in life they should do yoga" the NA is that being happy does not decrease ones level of success. It's usually something along those lines

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:The majority of NA questions rest on an important term shift. "Studies show that people who do yoga are happy. Therefore in order to increase ones level of success in life they should do yoga" the NA is that being happy does not decrease ones level of success. It's usually something along those lines

there are examples of NA questions that don't do that. The president of the university raising tuition was one of them. i think that one was NA, right?

QUOTE FAIL
I am on fire this evening.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:The majority of NA questions rest on an important term shift. "Studies show that people who do yoga are happy. Therefore in order to increase ones level of success in life they should do yoga" the NA is that being happy does not decrease ones level of success. It's usually something along those lines

there are examples of NA questions that don't do that. The president of the university raising tuition was one of them. i think that one was NA, right?

QUOTE FAIL
I am on fire this evening.


Yea that's a good point. I was just saying for the majority but in retrospect she's focusing on the ones w an SA answr choice

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:it's pretty easy to drill a section or two a day without feelin that pt fatigue


yeah this


Finally hand likes something I said

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 pm

the quote fail was for me, not for you btw. reading that now makes me look like DOUCHENOZZLE

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:The majority of NA questions rest on an important term shift. "Studies show that people who do yoga are happy. Therefore in order to increase ones level of success in life they should do yoga" the NA is that being happy does not decrease ones level of success. It's usually something along those lines

there are examples of NA questions that don't do that. The president of the university raising tuition was one of them. i think that one was NA, right?

QUOTE FAIL
I am on fire this evening.

Grey is this an example of a flaw where the person responding to the colonel thinks the colonel is talking about all cases when he just says a majority I think I saw this flaw once plz adv

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Grey y do u dislike me

I thought we went way back

To early august

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 pm

BillPackets wrote:Grey is this an example of a flaw where the person responding to the colonel thinks the colonel is talking about all cases when he just says a majority I think I saw this flaw once plz adv

TITCR

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Grey is this an example of a flaw where the person responding to the colonel thinks the colonel is talking about all cases when he just says a majority I think I saw this flaw once plz adv

TITCR

TY

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Grey is this an example of a flaw where the person responding to the colonel thinks the colonel is talking about all cases when he just says a majority I think I saw this flaw once plz adv

TITCR


This shtick is 180 FYI

User avatar
edawg212
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby edawg212 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 pm

so on off days, are you guys "drilling" the equivalent of a full test? more? less?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Grey y do u dislike me

I thought we went way back

To early august

Image

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 pm

edawg212 wrote:so on off days, are you guys "drilling" the equivalent of a full test? more? less?


Usually less, I drilled three sections of 62 on Saturday morning so I guess that was almost a full test.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 pm

edawg212 wrote:so on off days, are you guys "drilling" the equivalent of a full test? more? less?

much less.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Grey y do u dislike me

I thought we went way back

To early august

Image

Duckin chuckled @ that 1

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Grey y do u dislike me

I thought we went way back

To early august

Image


:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 pm

smccgrey wrote:
edawg212 wrote:so on off days, are you guys "drilling" the equivalent of a full test? more? less?

much less.


Eta: edawg, just so u know tho, grey is administered a special LSAT that has a score range from 174-191 so be mindful of her advice

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 pm

LLH WHERE ARE YOU :P




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Anon.y.mousse., bcapace, cianchetta0, goldenbear2020, lnsl123, mrgstephe, MZaf, Pozzo, sspeckk, The_Pluviophile, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests