The Official September 2014 Study Group

sfoglia

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:18 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I have such bad anxiety. I'm becoming progressively more ridiculous, Schmel. It hit me this morning that I scored 170s when I did jumping jacks before the test. I did 30 the first time and 50 the second. I'm going to do 65 this time. Can you see me doing jump jacks before the LSAT on the 27th? It's probably going to happen.

Also, I bought a combination of four semi-precious stones to encourage clarity, concentration, and rational thinking. There is no way that I'm going to be able to fit all of those up my vagina, so I'm going to have to just put them in my gallon bag and hope the proctors don't look at me like I am a total nutcase.

egregious trolling

I swear to you Bill, I can send you the link to purchase.

I am still 80% saner than you with my not trying to electrocute myself.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:18 pm

So I just freaked out in the library.

I just took PT66 and GOT A 177! :O :O I'm freaking out.

RC: -2
LR1: -2
LG: -0
LR2: - 0

I'm so giddy right now.

I changed my reading comp strategy. I was getting -5 or more consistently, which is comparable to an entire passage incorrect. So I said to hell with timing, spent more time on each passage, skipped a passage I thought would be difficult that only had 5 questions, finished the other passages and had ~6 minutes for the passage I skipped. Read through it quickly, and managed to finish all the questions in time.

Brb BBQPizza
Last edited by ErgoSum on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

ErgoSum wrote:So I just freaked out in the library.

I'm so giddy right now.

I changed my reading comp strategy. I was getting -5 or more consistently, which is comparable to an entire passage incorrect. So I sad to hell with timing, spent more time on each passage, skipped a passage I thought would be difficult that only had 5 questions, finished the other passages and had ~6 minutes for the passage I skipped. Read through it quickly, and managed to finish all the questions in time.

Brb BBQPizza

OMG!!! Congrats!!! That's so amazing! Celebrate!

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

sfoglia wrote:I swear to you Bill, I can send you the link to purchase.

i believe u wuz joking cuz my fiancee does the same stuff as we've discussed b4 so maybe like "egregious bill fiancee trolling" would have been more apt

also fogs i mean IMHO tbh i think the tDCS and gaining mental clarity from rocks may b about equal on the sanity chart but thats just MO

BJS

Postby BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:Yes, he should postpone. However, he should not take a year off by any means. In that case, December Retakers thread should not exist at all because no one should be taking the LSAT in December for the purpose of applying this year. Once it gets up and running, stop in and advise them to sit out for a year. Seriously?

The gap year suggestion is mostly independent of the suggestion to postpone to December. As I said: I think gap years are a great choice absent compeling personal reasons to the contrary. He should take a gap year because it will only help his application, not because he's not totally ready for the September LSAT.

Also - You can certainly take only in December and be admitted.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm so giddy right now.

I changed my reading comp strategy. I was getting -5 or more consistently, which is comparable to an entire passage incorrect. So I said to hell with timing, spent more time on each passage, skipped a passage I thought would be difficult that only had 5 questions, finished the other passages and had ~6 minutes for the passage I skipped. Read through it quickly, and managed to finish all the questions in time.

Brb BBQPizza

boo ya

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 pm

BillPackets wrote:

i believe u wuz joking cuz my fiancee does the same stuff as we've discussed b4 so maybe like "egregious bill fiancee trolling" would have been more apt

also fogs i mean IMHO tbh i think the tDCS and gaining mental clarity from rocks may b about equal on the sanity chart but thats just MO

Honestly these things are as effective as you think they are. The Placebo effect can be a powerful thing.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

BillPackets wrote:

Oh, that's right. Still want to be friends with her!

Do you have an update for us re: tDCS? I know I poke fun a lot but I'm actually super curious.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm

OMFG THERE IS NO ESCAPE

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:28 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
We'll reserve a seat on the 9th circuit for Movie and one on the 2nd for Sfogs

Thanks, Hand! :) Tbh, Any job where I don't have to wear pants = living the dream.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Also, still feeling like a neglected child!
I have PT's 67-72 to do before the exam. Should I do one every day this week to get through them all, or just pick 3 of them and space them out? If I space them out, any of them more difficult than the rest?

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm so giddy right now.

Brb BBQPizza

Eat all the pizzas, my friend!!! Congratulations!!

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:30 pm

smccgrey wrote:Honestly these things are as effective as you think they are. The Placebo effect can be a powerful thing.

I'm all for anything that reduces my pre-test anxiety.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

sfoglia wrote:I think I may sit cross-legged for a few minutes in the middle of my kitchen, with the intention of manifesting a 170-something.

Sfogs, I love your word choice here.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

sfoglia wrote:Oh, that's right. Still want to be friends with her!

Do you have an update for us re: tDCS? I know I poke fun a lot but I'm actually super curious.

idk i havent tried again i need to order some diff electrodes n also i need to become more familiar w which regions of the brain correspond to which functions so idk if i want 2 expend that much energy on sumthin right now thats not the lsat but i mean there r a number of smaller studies n radiolab did a podcast called 9 volt nirvana thats about tDCS thats pretty interesting n also the NYTimes did a story about it after radiolab

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

sfoglia wrote:I'm all for anything

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:33 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Also, still feeling like a neglected child!
I have PT's 67-72 to do before the exam. Should I do one every day this week to get through them all, or just pick 3 of them and space them out? If I space them out, any of them more difficult than the rest?

I don't think so, personally. I don't think you want to fatigue yourself like that. I have a fair number of PTs left, as well, but I am spending the bulk of my time drilling, with 3 PTs a week.

If you feel like it's important that you get as many done as possible, you can always take at least one of those tests and split them out into sections to add to the PTs. Make them your experimental.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Alright, I'm going to go warm up and then take this.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 pm

BJS wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:Yes, he should postpone. However, he should not take a year off by any means. In that case, December Retakers thread should not exist at all because no one should be taking the LSAT in December for the purpose of applying this year. Once it gets up and running, stop in and advise them to sit out for a year. Seriously?

The gap year suggestion is mostly independent of the suggestion to postpone to December. As I said: I think gap years are a great choice absent compeling personal reasons to the contrary. He should take a gap year because it will only help his application, not because he's not totally ready for the September LSAT.

Also - You can certainly take only in December and be admitted.

Absolutely agree. I have learned a lot about what I like, hate and am awesome at work-wise in the last few years. A JD is a big time and $$$ commitment and I think you should be very confident that you will enjoy the type of work you'll be doing. This doesn't mean working with a law firm necessarily, just working full time, getting a sense of your strengths, etc. These won't be the same strengths you demonstrated as a UG student, because an office setting is worlds away from a lecture hall.

Just my $0.02!

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:40 pm

sfoglia wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, still feeling like a neglected child!

I don't think so, personally. I don't think you want to fatigue yourself like that. I have a fair number of PTs left, as well, but I am spending the bulk of my time drilling, with 3 PTs a week.

If you feel like it's important that you get as many done as possible, you can always take at least one of those tests and split them out into sections to add to the PTs. Make them your experimental.

Good idea with the experimental thing. GL on your PT. I'll rub my lucky stone in your name.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm

sfoglia wrote:Alright, I'm going to go warm up and then take this.

SEXYRYAN.JPG

... to get a 175

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:46 pm

sup everyone

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:50 pm

sfoglia wrote: I bought a combination of four semi-precious stones to encourage clarity, concentration, and rational thinking. There is no way that I'm going to be able to fit all of those up my vagina, so I'm going to have to just put them in my gallon bag and hope the proctors don't look at me like I am a total nutcase.

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I'm all for anything

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Any job where I don't have to wear pants = living the dream.

ErgoSum wrote:GOT A 177

Thanks for bringing some glory back to the thread peeps

BJS

Postby BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm going to be oddly sad when we all disperse across the "X Law C/O 2018" threads. I hope I end up at a law school with at least one of you!

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

BJS wrote:I'm going to be oddly sad when we all disperse across the "X Law C/O 2018" threads. I hope I end up at a law school with at least one of you!

What are your top choices? I'm sure for a lot of you guys it's HYSCCN or bust...

And don't worry, I have a feeling we will all be up in the general c/o 18 thread, keeping it hilarious.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”