The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:After the Civil War/War of Party Aggression I'd vote for Bill and Hand on the Party Party presidential ticket. You two could then appoint the rest of us ITT to your cabinet or cush judgeships. Let us all cast our un(der)employment fears aside.


Party Party presidential ticket. LOL.

pretty much a crucial spot there fogs

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:30 pm

just to prove that i do study n shit ive been reviewing rc 2day n ive noticed that on some of the inference/MSS Qs TCR is sometimes framed in the negative so like "x does NOT contribute to y" or something along those lines just kind of a pattern i been noticing

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:After the Civil War/War of Party Aggression I'd vote for Bill and Hand on the Party Party presidential ticket. You two could then appoint the rest of us ITT to your cabinet or cush judgeships. Let us all cast our un(der)employment fears aside.


Party Party presidential ticket. LOL.

pretty much a crucial spot there fogs


We'll reserve a seat on the 9th circuit for Movie and one on the 2nd for Sfogs

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:41 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:After the Civil War/War of Party Aggression I'd vote for Bill and Hand on the Party Party presidential ticket. You two could then appoint the rest of us ITT to your cabinet or cush judgeships. Let us all cast our un(der)employment fears aside.


Party Party presidential ticket. LOL.

pretty much a crucial spot there fogs


We'll reserve a seat on the 9th circuit for Movie and one on the 2nd for Sfogs


:D

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:43 pm

BillPackets wrote:just to prove that i do study n shit ive been reviewing rc 2day n ive noticed that on some of the inference/MSS Qs TCR is sometimes framed in the negative so like "x does NOT contribute to y" or something along those lines just kind of a pattern i been noticing


I haven't noticed this.

Anyway ever feel like they get delayed response from drilling? Like my brain doesn't process things for a week afterward.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Also, has anyone currently here taken 68? Is it hard? Should I take a walk to the bodega around the corner to get some Kleenex for after?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:48 pm

sfoglia wrote:Also, has anyone currently here taken 68? Is it hard? Should I take a walk to the bodega around the corner to get some Kleenex for after?


I took it on Saturday. I found it to be wholly average, except I struggled to complete the games on time (had like 30 secs to spare). Scored my average.

User avatar
chimera
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby chimera » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

I really can't stand the new LG setup.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:52 pm

chimera wrote:I really can't stand the new LG setup.

COSIGN

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 pm

chimera wrote:I really can't stand the new LG setup.

what is it

User avatar
chimera
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby chimera » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

BillPackets wrote:
chimera wrote:I really can't stand the new LG setup.

what is it


Each game is split between two pages. eg stim & 2 questions on one page and the remaining 4 questions on the next page. edit you see it from pt66 and on

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.


No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:03 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.


No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.

The assumption is that Timmy is going to get medical attention... Timmy might know how fucked up those doctors are and just STAY HOME.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:04 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Also, has anyone currently here taken 68? Is it hard? Should I take a walk to the bodega around the corner to get some Kleenex for after?


I took it on Saturday. I found it to be wholly average, except I struggled to complete the games on time (had like 30 secs to spare). Scored my average.


Dun dun dunnnn. It's on my roster for like one hour from now. :/ I think I may sit cross-legged for a few minutes in the middle of my kitchen, with the intention of manifesting a 170-something.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:04 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.


No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.

i was w fogs im sure your use of "had" wasnt meant in any meaningful way but it affects your q

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.


No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.

The assumption is that Timmy is going to get medical attention... Timmy might know how fucked up those doctors are and just STAY HOME.


Oh shit, that would definitely be the flaw. I assumed the question included information as to Timmy being said patient of Drs. Dick. Just failed level 1 LR over here.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

If I'm home, sort of sick and doing nothing, should I just write a PT? My brain says no.... and my body also says no.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.


No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.

The assumption is that Timmy is going to get medical attention... Timmy might know how fucked up those doctors are and just STAY HOME.


Oh shit, that would definitely be the flaw. I assumed the question included information as to Timmy being said patient of Drs. Dick. Just failed level 1 LR over here.

whats the cite for the q

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm

schmelling wrote:Sfog your pre-tests posts always make me smile. (Especially when I know you're gonna do great)


I have such bad anxiety. I'm becoming progressively more ridiculous, Schmel. It hit me this morning that I scored 170s when I did jumping jacks before the test. I did 30 the first time and 50 the second. I'm going to do 65 this time. Can you see me doing jump jacks before the LSAT on the 27th? It's probably going to happen.

Also, I bought a combination of four semi-precious stones to encourage clarity, concentration, and rational thinking. There is no way that I'm going to be able to fit all of those up my vagina, so I'm going to have to just put them in my gallon bag and hope the proctors don't look at me like I am a total nutcase.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 pm

sfoglia wrote:I have such bad anxiety. I'm becoming progressively more ridiculous, Schmel. It hit me this morning that I scored 170s when I did jumping jacks before the test. I did 30 the first time and 50 the second. I'm going to do 65 this time. Can you see me doing jump jacks before the LSAT on the 27th? It's probably going to happen.

Also, I bought a combination of four semi-precious stones to encourage clarity, concentration, and rational thinking. There is no way that I'm going to be able to fit all of those up my vagina, so I'm going to have to just put them in my gallon bag and hope the proctors don't look at me like I am a total nutcase.

egregious trolling

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 pm

smccgrey wrote:If I'm home, sort of sick and doing nothing, should I just write a PT? My brain says no.... and my body also says no.


No. Do some drilling. Or go section by section, taking breaks in between. It's fine to exercise your brain a bit while you are sick, but don't sign up for the fifty-yard sprint.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

sfoglia wrote:
schmelling wrote:Sfog your pre-tests posts always make me smile. (Especially when I know you're gonna do great)


I have such bad anxiety. I'm becoming progressively more ridiculous, Schmel. It hit me this morning that I scored 170s when I did jumping jacks before the test. I did 30 the first time and 50 the second. I'm going to do 65 this time. Can you see me doing jump jacks before the LSAT on the 27th? It's probably going to happen.

Also, I bought a combination of four semi-precious stones to encourage clarity, concentration, and rational thinking. There is no way that I'm going to be able to fit all of those up my vagina, so I'm going to have to just put them in my gallon bag and hope the proctors don't look at me like I am a total nutcase.

OMG sfogs this is why I love you...

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:If I'm home, sort of sick and doing nothing, should I just write a PT? My brain says no.... and my body also says no.


No. Do some drilling. Or go section by section, taking breaks in between. It's fine to exercise your brain a bit while you are sick, but don't sign up for the fifty-yard sprint.

Yeah I think I'm just going to get cozy with some LG.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DumbHollywoodActor, mintme, Tazewell, Tomthecat, Vino.Veritas, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests