BJS wrote: vracovino wrote: BJS wrote:
vracovino wrote:Does anyone else feel like they are just super unmotivated? I know how much work I still have left to do. I just got -7 on my last LG section during a test, and -8 on RC. That can't happen test day. Both sections are still occasionally kicking my ass. Yet, I just feel so out of it. Four months of doing the same shit everyday and i'm numb to the process. Add on top of that reading for my classes and its just too much :/
Someone tell me to suck it up!
Edit: sorry for using this thread almost exclusively as my soap box
#1: Slack on your school work. If you're a diligent student it will make you feel awful, and it may seem more pressing, but no school assignment matters more than the LSAT to your future. You can probably get away with 50% effort for two more weeks.
#2: Assess your readiness for September. Is -7 an [b]extreme[\b] outlier? What are your past five PT scores in relation to your minimum target score? If you haven't hit your minimum target or if your recent PT average is more than 2-3 points beneath it, you should seriously consider waiting until December. Nothing will be gained by taking now when unready.
-7 is somewhat extreme. I usually get anywhere from -2 to -5. My RC average is not necessarily an outlier. That is a very volatile section for me. That particular test (PT 60) I got a combined -5 on LR which I was happy about. But I need to improve drastically on at least one of the sections. I have hit my minimum target 4 or 5 times but I'm not consistent there- but a consistent -2 on LG would just about get me there.
And as far as school is concerned, I absolutely know that is what I have to do. But its hard for me, and I feel like it will really bring my spirits down if I F up the LSAT and school work. I know its superficial, but I don't have any B's on my record and I really want to keep it that way
My quick suggestion is to take a year off. Focus on your school work, enjoy your senior year, get WE, and be a stronger applicant in a year. Unless there are personal factors, I don't see any downside to this and a TON of upside. You just don't sound ready to take Sept, so you should at least delay until Dec.
If you're set on c/o 2018 and the Sept test, I suggest you focus hard on drilling LG. As you said, getting that to -2 is a key accomplishment.
Why would you advise him/her to take a year off?
Same applies to him/her as it did to you.
A two point increase on December will outweigh a "late" application, which is not late to begin with. Its very normal to apply with a December score. Stop thinking that its not. Decent amount of schools still have binding applications out for December test takers. On the other hand, the likelihood of you going under review before the end of January is very small. If you didn't receive the desired score, You register for February, the admission committee will see that. Usually they will wait for it on their own, If not you can ask them to. Its not the end of the world. Prospective students take June exam with the intention of increasing their scholarship or waitlist purposes. Its normal. Why throw in the towel? With the applications down, already confirmed september LSAT registration down why bring yourself down. Stick out the fight.
Your glass should be half full, not half empty.