Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
BillPackets wrote:LLH wut is yr dream school I want 2 go there 2

Yale…but there a decent chance neither one of us will be going there. :mrgreen:

Well, actually you might-just without me. :oops:

Keep me posted we should go together

rebexness

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:44 pm

I hoap you guys are studying hard bc I want moar company in the Admissions forums etc.

Also 180 gog picture.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:45 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:SUSHI IS JUST THAT GOOD

Word

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:LLH IS DTP (down2party)

Always :wink:

Thank god

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

Thank god

So…where is the party?

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:53 pm

BJS wrote:Two year anniversary with my girlfriend coming up after the LSAT...would a TCR anniversary gift be BR clothes? She doesn't wear jewelry that much and is working on increasing her professional wardrobe.

BR is good, but, what size is she? BR's 0 is really like a 4, and everything in that store falls right off of me. An alternate suggestion is Ann Taylor. Or you can get her a gift certificate to like Nordstrom or Saks so that she can buy one very chic, very expensive item like a Theory blazer or Lafayette 148 NY trousers. Oh, bonus points for Nordstrom Rack or Saks Off 5th if you have either near you. Rack does tailoring on premises, which is so convenient.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

Thank god

So…where is the party?

Email me n I'll let you know

Eta: text or tweet werk 2
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:Two year anniversary with my girlfriend coming up after the LSAT...would a TCR anniversary gift be BR clothes? She doesn't wear jewelry that much and is working on increasing her professional wardrobe.

BR is good, but, what size is she? BR's 0 is really like a 4, and everything in that store falls right off of me. An alternate suggestion is Ann Taylor. Or you can get her a gift certificate to like Nordstrom or Saks so that she can buy one very chic, very expensive item like a Theory blazer or Lafayette 148 NY trousers. Oh, bonus points for Nordstrom Rack or Saks Off 5th if you have either near you. Rack does tailoring on premises, which is so convenient.

Finally we get a sfogs appearance once it's fashion related

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:56 pm

sfoglia wrote:

Ann Taylors vanity sizing is the same as BRs, if not worse.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

Finally we get a sfogs appearance once it's fashion related

Like I love clothes but my husband has 0 fashion sense so the idea of him shopping for me is horrifying. And knowing if something is the right fit without trying it on, especially for fitted business clothing is tricky. Even in one store, one skirt in my size could be a perfect fit, and another could look terrible.

hillz

Postby hillz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:59 pm

I agree with sfogs and would get a gift card. Nordstrom is where it's at and they have so many different brands/items so you wouldn't have to worry about it not being her style. Ann Taylor or LOFT is my second runner up.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:00 pm

rebexness wrote:Ann Taylors vanity sizing is the same as BRs, if not worse.

definitely (same with loft and the gap, for obvious reasons)

hillz

Postby hillz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:01 pm

And agree with smcc, husband shopping for me is a no go. I asked him to pack gym clothes for me once and even that didn't work out.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:02 pm

smccgrey wrote:

As a woman, I don't know...clothes as a gift seems sort of blah for an anniversary. I don't wear jewelry much either, but like a tasteful somewhat expensive necklace/bracelet would probably be what I'd want. Every woman is different though, and she might hate that idea.

Also congrats on the 175!!! Especially on the test you took for real!

LMAO I just suggested NR. Clearly the least romantic person ever.

Ignore me, BJS. I'm single for a reason.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:03 pm

rebexness wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

Ann Taylors vanity sizing is the same as BRs, if not worse.

Is it? I guess I'm not buying that skirt that's been in my online cart then. Dammit! I really like it.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:03 pm

rebexness wrote:I hoap you guys are studying hard bc I want moar company in the Admissions forums etc.

Also 180 gog picture.

Sup bex

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:06 pm

hillz wrote:I agree with sfogs and would get a gift card. Nordstrom is where it's at and they have so many different brands/items so you wouldn't have to worry about it not being her style. Ann Taylor or LOFT is my second runner up.

Cosign Nordstrom. She could buy some classy bag or professional shoes or whatever.
Depending on wear you live, a cashmere scarf or something might be good?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 pm

hillz wrote:And agree with smcc, husband shopping for me is a no go. I asked him to pack gym clothes for me once and even that didn't work out.

Yeah I would expect this too. Or a very frantic phone call because he'd be trying very hard to get everything right but couldn't tell the difference between a workout t-shirt and a nice top.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:10 pm

What about a coach bag? I bought one of those for someone I dated once and it seemed to go over well

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 pm

rebexness wrote:
hillz wrote:I agree with sfogs and would get a gift card. Nordstrom is where it's at and they have so many different brands/items so you wouldn't have to worry about it not being her style. Ann Taylor or LOFT is my second runner up.

Cosign Nordstrom. She could buy some classy bag or professional shoes or whatever.
Depending on wear you live, a cashmere scarf or something might be good?

definitely agree with cashmere scarf. very solid september anniversary gift because you can wear it all winter. Unless you're in, say, miami.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 pm

scarf has the personal, wear-it-every-day appeal of jewelry while having the advantage of being practical. Also you'll have good options at a range of prices. 180.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:14 pm

sfoglia wrote:

She could get a LOT of mileage out of a LBD/shift dress from Theory. Theory makes great stuff -- I bought my first suit from them years and years ago and I still wear it.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Can sum1 tell counselor to edit the title of this thread should b sumthin like "sept 2014/ask women of the sept thread if ur anny gift is gonna bomb or get u sum luvin" also bex just hang out here cuz this thread is basically where it's at n every1 knows it this is the premier Internet forum party thread

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:What about a coach bag? I bought one of those for someone I dated once and it seemed to go over well

How'd that go over is that the mother of your child

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:What about a coach bag? I bought one of those for someone I dated once and it seemed to go over well

Coach was good for a while, but it is unfortunately horrible now. Horrendous quality.

Another idea: You could always do a nice watch, if she isn't into fussy jewelry.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”