The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:59 pm

GreenTee wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Guess what? Sept LSAT registrations are down!


Thought I'd pass on some Spivey knowledge that he posted today.
Looks like we are in store for an awesome cycle.


Amazing. Link?


viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197451&start=3025

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Nowadays when I read anything, it feels like I'm scouting for LSAT passages.

Two species of deep-sea dwelling, mushroom-shaped organisms discovered off the coast of Southeast Australia defy all existing classifications of life, researchers from the University of Copenhagen say. The organisms, described in the journal PLOS One, are multicellular and nonsymmetrical, and live 400 to 1000 meters deep. They have been classified in an aptly named new genus, Dendrogramma enigmatica.


PRETTY SURE I could guess how this passage will proceed.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Nowadays when I read anything, it feels like I'm scouting for LSAT passages.

Two species of deep-sea dwelling, mushroom-shaped organisms discovered off the coast of Southeast Australia defy all existing classifications of life, researchers from the University of Copenhagen say. The organisms, described in the journal PLOS One, are multicellular and nonsymmetrical, and live 400 to 1000 meters deep. They have been classified in an aptly named new genus, Dendrogramma enigmatica.


PRETTY SURE I could guess how this passage will proceed.


Did you really think you could slip on as purple reptar and it'd be nbd

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Did you really think you could slip on as purple reptar and it'd be nbd

YEAH, DID YOU?

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:14 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Did you really think you could slip on as purple reptar and it'd be nbd

YEAH, DID YOU?


Also, you're amazing and so is your Reptar tar.
Last edited by GreenTee on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:15 pm

GreenTee wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Did you really think you could slip on as purple reptar and it'd be nbd

YEAH, DID YOU?


Image

(technically, it's "opera mauve")

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Yes, I looked up the RGB codes for different shades of mauve and selected a specific shade in order to make an LSAT LG joke in my TLS Tar.


Colonel_funkadunk wrote:RIP the idea that I had a semblance of a social life


ETA: I did it for you, GT!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:30 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:RIP the idea that I had a semblance of a social life


All my old quotes r comin back. I must matter to y'all

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:All my old quotes r comin back. I must matter to y'all

We're like a weird dysfunctional family. Toby explained it a while ago but I couldn't find it; it was too long ago.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Nowadays when I read anything, it feels like I'm scouting for LSAT passages.

Two species of deep-sea dwelling, mushroom-shaped organisms discovered off the coast of Southeast Australia defy all existing classifications of life, researchers from the University of Copenhagen say. The organisms, described in the journal PLOS One, are multicellular and nonsymmetrical, and live 400 to 1000 meters deep. They have been classified in an aptly named new genus, Dendrogramma enigmatica.


PRETTY SURE I could guess how this passage will proceed.


:D

Also, excellent new tar

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 pm

GreenTee wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:"The one about the" art teachers, coloured paper vs.paint colours, and the assumption needed



Oh I love this question! (/the nerdiest among us)

The conclusion is that art teachers -- in order to teach art students about the use of color -- should use colored paper rather than paint.

Support: Because colored paper allows for precise comparison of the color's impact in varying contexts.

Necessary assumption: Precision in comparing colors across varying contexts must do something to help teach students learn about the use of color.
= answer choice D

(Edit - my post count just broke into the 170s. Big day.)



Thank you!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:44 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:All my old quotes r comin back. I must matter to y'all

We're like a weird dysfunctional family. Toby explained it a while ago but I couldn't find it; it was too long ago.



You're leaving out the dispensable part

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

guys go back and read posts from march. It's weird. No sense of humour, only LSAT.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:RIP the idea that I had a semblance of a social life


All my old quotes r comin back. I must matter to y'all


of course you do!

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:46 pm

smccgrey wrote:guys go back and read posts from march. It's weird. No sense of humour, only LSAT.


I was clicking through the first few pages the other day and was wondering where all those people went
the OP is the only one still posts regularly

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:guys go back and read posts from march. It's weird. No sense of humour, only LSAT.


I was clicking through the first few pages the other day and was wondering where all those people went
the OP is the only one still posts regularly


Bill's been around for a while too. I think many of the regular posters now are either June retakers, or originally had our sights on June, but jumped ship. (I fall into the latter category.)

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:55 pm

GreenTee wrote:Bill's been around for a while too.


Turns out Bill used to care about proper spelling/punctuation and such, fascinating!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Or only decided in May that law school was going to happen this year.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Bill's been around for a while too.

Turns out Bill used to care about proper spelling/punctuation and such, fascinating!

Oh, the irony.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Just reviewed the colored paper and paint problem yall were talking about recently. I missed it on my timed PT, but upon review, it seems that I just misread what the last sentence was doing.

Answer choice (A) is a really good "mishmash flaw" trap answer choice where they take something that was mentioned in the stimulus and connect it improperly to something else in the stimulus, making morons like me to think "OH golly that's goota be the answer! Yee haw!".

But for some reason, during the PT, answer choice (D) did not jump out at me, and it did during review.

It's bugging me why I can see it now so clearly but couldn't when I took the timed PT!

:evil:

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Image

charlesriver
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby charlesriver » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Does anyone know when will the school release their entering class profile for current year? Is there a deadline for them to do this?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm

charlesriver wrote:Does anyone know when will the school release their entering class profile for current year? Is there a deadline for them to do this?


Most schools have already posted this on their website, see the medians topic elsewhere on the board.
The deadline for the official record is early October.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Dumb question of the day:

Why is it a good thing that Sept registrations are down?


Thank you kindly,

Uniformed LSAT taker

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

The basic idea is this: less test takers :arrow: smaller applicant pool :arrow: easier to be admitted to desired institution




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: latif, StopLawying, VMars, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests