The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:59 pm

smccgrey wrote:
vracovino wrote:"much-needed liberation from the constraints of logic and the processes of reasoning."

Defines this thread.


180

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:05 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks

LR right? Fuck I wish I just had my books with me at all times.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks

LR right? Fuck I wish I just had my books with me at all times.


Yea.

Am I allowed to post the question here? I forget

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:18 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks

LR right? Fuck I wish I just had my books with me at all times.


Yea.

Am I allowed to post the question here? I forget

nope, but if you say "the one about the..." the nerdiest among us might remember the q.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 pm

smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks

LR right? Fuck I wish I just had my books with me at all times.


Yea.

Am I allowed to post the question here? I forget

nope, but if you say "the one about the..." the nerdiest among us might remember the q.



"The one about the" art teachers, coloured paper vs.paint colours, and the assumption needed

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:35 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks


I wish I could help but I suck at explaining LR. I hate #20 because they're making a comparison between 2 things so I automatically went looking for an assumption about the comparison but the assumption is just about what the use of colored paper does.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:36 pm

ErgoSum wrote:The one about the" art teachers, coloured paper vs.paint colours, and the assumption needed

I have only the vaguest recollection of this one.

I'll check when I get home though. All I really remember is crapping all over the end of PT 65 out exhaustion (NOT LITERALLY, BILL). I think I got question 4 wrong because I barely read it.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Also, do I just need to do a ton of RC or what
ErgoSum wrote:Just did PT 65:

LR1: -0
LG: -0
RC: -8
LR2: -2

173 score


I wish I was able to read ;'[

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:39 pm

dasani13 wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, anyone want to help me understand the correct answers for numbers 20 and 24 in PT65, Section 4?

<3thanks


I wish I could help but I suck at explaining LR. I hate #20 because they're making a comparison between 2 things so I automatically went looking for an assumption about the comparison but the assumption is just about what the use of colored paper does.


Just left to go to the gym, so I don't have it in front of me anymore, but thanks. I'll reread it with this in mind when I get back

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:58 pm

ErgoSum wrote:"The one about the" art teachers, coloured paper vs.paint colours, and the assumption needed



Oh I love this question! (/the nerdiest among us)

The conclusion is that art teachers -- in order to teach art students about the use of color -- should use colored paper rather than paint.

Support: Because colored paper allows for precise comparison of the color's impact in varying contexts.

Necessary assumption: Precision in comparing colors across varying contexts must do something to help teach students learn about the use of color.
= answer choice D

(Edit - my post count just broke into the 170s. Big day.)
Last edited by GreenTee on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:59 pm

vracovino wrote:"much-needed liberation from the constraints of logic and the processes of reasoning."

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 pm

GreenTee wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:"The one about the" art teachers, coloured paper vs.paint colours, and the assumption needed



Oh I love this question! (/the nerdiest among us)

The conclusion is that art teachers -- in order to teach art students about the use of color -- should use colored paper rather than paint.

Support: Because colored paper allows for precise comparison of the color's impact in varying contexts.

Necessary assumption: Precision in comparing colors across varying contexts must do something to help teach students learn about the use of color.
= answer choice D


ohhh I remember that one now, yeah that one is horrible

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:01 pm

GreenTee wrote:Oh I love this question! (/the nerdiest among us)

The conclusion is that art teachers -- in order to teach art students about the use of color -- should use colored paper rather than paint.

Support: Because colored paper allows for precise comparison of the color's impact in varying contexts.

Necessary assumption: Precision in comparing colors across varying contexts must do something to help teach students learn about the use of color.
= answer choice D

I remember now. the wrong answers basically compared paper to paint, but the right answer fills in the gap between comparing colours and learning about the use of colour.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:03 pm

smccgrey wrote:
vracovino wrote:"much-needed liberation from the constraints of logic and the processes of reasoning."

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.


Just rehashin me all over again

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Just rehashin me all over again

just pointing out how you freed your mind from the constraints of logic.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Are you still at Denver airport, Bill? I spent a layover there and was totally weirded out by the artwork and then I found out that it's a hotbed of wacky conspiracy theories

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_Air ... acy_theory

The Denver Airport conspiracy theory refers to a collection of theories surrounding Denver International Airport (DIA) that most commonly claim the airport to be a new, secret headquarters or compound used by the Illuminati, New World Order, Neo-Nazis, or Reptoids. These claims are usually based on a vague Swastika shape that the runways and taxiways make when seen from the air, as well as murals, sculptures, and other engravings claimed to be secret code or "alien" language.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:10 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Just rehashin me all over again

just pointing out how you freed your mind from the constraints of logic.


Shit I ain't lettin nuttin constrain me HO

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Shit I ain't lettin nuttin constrain me HO

Image

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:15 pm

OMG someone please get a Reptar tar immediately!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

the google image results are pretty TTT
Image

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Image
"I wished for Ryan Gosling, what the fuck is this?"

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

smccgrey wrote:the google image results are pretty TTT
Image


I'm thinking of getting a lizard people tar, just need to find a good one

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: qemini1594 and 3 guests