The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GreenTee

Silver

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by GreenTee » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:55 am

sfoglia wrote:
GreenTee wrote: I'd recommend trying to get in bed even earlier than that, if you can. I've been getting up at 6, but I'm in bed by 9:45 - 10. The LSAT requires a lot more mental energy than a regular day in the life. So even if you typically don't need a full 8 hours to function at your best, you might need it for this. Just a thought.
Speaking of more mental energy... Has anyone even bothered to practice the essay? Pretty concerned that by the end of the test I'll just be, like, dumb.
I know we laugh about how irrelevant the essay is, but I'm actually a little bit worried about it. Has anyone ITT even looked at/actually written one in practice? ETA: Should we?

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:57 am

West coast checking in. Once my brain wakes up In an hour, I'm going to take PT65, review it, etc. My mother-in-law arrives today for like a 5 day stretch (worst timing everrr), so I want to get done what I can. She's a cool lady, but she compulsively dispenses folksy advice :roll:

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:00 am

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 am

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:also generally try to calm down
<3<3<3
180 advice from the wonderful sfogs.

Seriously though. It's all going to be okay.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 am

GreenTee wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
GreenTee wrote: I'd recommend trying to get in bed even earlier than that, if you can. I've been getting up at 6, but I'm in bed by 9:45 - 10. The LSAT requires a lot more mental energy than a regular day in the life. So even if you typically don't need a full 8 hours to function at your best, you might need it for this. Just a thought.
Speaking of more mental energy... Has anyone even bothered to practice the essay? Pretty concerned that by the end of the test I'll just be, like, dumb.
I know we laugh about how irrelevant the essay is, but I'm actually a little bit worried about it. Has anyone ITT even looked at/actually written one in practice? ETA: Should we?
one time i was like im gonna do the writing section on this PT. then i got to it, remembered that its not graded, and didnt do it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 am

smccgrey wrote:
<3<3<3

When I get anxious during a PT, my brain fully ceases to function. It's horrible. I see that I'm taking too long on an LG and suddenly it's "OMG I just ruined it it's over I fail the PT I'll fail the LSAT I'll fail my life CALM DOWN, SFOGS no I fucking cannot, will not, this is serious, this is only question number 6 but it is 100% the most important thing anyone has ever done in the history of the world Harvard will hate me GAME OVER."

Guys, I'm about to ask a really strange question pertinent to the above: Do you think I will be allowed to bring a quartz crystal with me in my one-gallon baggie? Or will I have to smuggle it in my underwear or something?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 am

Hey bill r u gonna do the lg from 42 bout connecting flights @ the airport and bask in it

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 am

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
<3<3<3

When I get anxious during a PT, my brain fully ceases to function. It's horrible. I see that I'm taking too long on an LG and suddenly it's "OMG I just ruined it it's over I fail the PT I'll fail the LSAT I'll fail my life CALM DOWN, SFOGS no I fucking cannot, will not, this is serious, this is only question number 6 but it is 100% the most important thing anyone has ever done in the history of the world Harvard will hate me GAME OVER."

Guys, I'm about to ask a really strange question pertinent to the above: Do you think I will be allowed to bring a quartz crystal with me in my one-gallon baggie? Or will I have to smuggle it in my underwear or something?
Smuggling quartz crystal in your underwear seems credited

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Baseball if u die I'll start a memorial telethon and send some asshole to UT For free

But in all seriousness that sucks get better
Sorry, but I just found this hilarious. Let's put on a variety show during this telethon and watch the $$ roll in.

Baseball, we love you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 am

GreenTee wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Just to ease your anxiety, you may want to read this: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/blog/2009/ ... rite-it-2/
But srsly don't worry. You can shit out a page of blah when you have to.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:12 am

Also, this:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Smuggling quartz crystal in your underwear seems credited

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:13 am

And don't let this gem go unnoticed guys:
sfoglia wrote:Harvard will hate me GAME OVER

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:14 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Smuggling quartz crystal in your underwear seems credited
And everything before this was gold. Goddamn, you guys are the best!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:16 am

sfoglia wrote:Guys, I'm about to ask a really strange question pertinent to the above: Do you think I will be allowed to bring a quartz crystal with me in my one-gallon baggie? Or will I have to smuggle it in my underwear or something?
fogs sometimes i wonder if u r my fiancee and r an elaborate troll on me. she just bought this like huge crystal thats like a wand and had me hold it up to her third eye. she mentioned something about chakras

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 am

sfoglia wrote:OMG I just ruined it it's over I fail the PT I'll fail the LSAT I'll fail my life CALM DOWN, SFOGS no I fucking cannot, will not, this is serious, this is only question number 6 but it is 100% the most important thing anyone has ever done in the history of the world Harvard will hate me GAME OVER.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 am

ErgoSum wrote:
sfoglia wrote:OMG I just ruined it it's over I fail the PT I'll fail the LSAT I'll fail my life CALM DOWN, SFOGS no I fucking cannot, will not, this is serious, this is only question number 6 but it is 100% the most important thing anyone has ever done in the history of the world Harvard will hate me GAME OVER.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 am

Hand,

Thank you for covering the morning highlights.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:38 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Hand,

Thank you for covering the morning highlights.
'tis as much for my benefit as that of y'all, quick recap for those tuning in from PST

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 am

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Bro I'm so fucking pissed about this mono thing. Gah damn. Swear I'm not a vagina guys, but I literally can't get out of bed. It literally feels like i have a huge weight on my chest. I cant even sit up man. Freakin student athlete reduced to a senior citizen. Not to mention I cant even swallow right now cuz my tonsils are likely the size of elephantitis balls, so I got all of 0 minutes of sleep. What a setback. Had a PT scheduled today but thats out the window
Get yourself to a clinic and see if they can give you a corticosteroid to reduce the swelling and suppress your immune reaction. You can't be sick like that right now. LSAT is in sixteen days.
At least sum1 ITTA can give u helpful advice
Shots ffffffired!

We should all say f the lsat and start our own law school. TTTT school for colonel's and BP's who like baseball for underachievers
ps. fogs

Im suckin it up and goin to the library. I feel like absolute ass but at this point I can't afford to miss a day

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:47 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 am

smccgrey wrote:[complaint] I'm in a really TTT conference call and I think I'm getting a migraine. [/complaint]
I'm going to the dentist today, for the first time in a few years, not excited

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:49 am

sorry my contributions today are really fucking marginal

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:49 am

Coffee with butter and coconut oil is surprisingly good. Let's see if this translates into pointsss on PT65. <3

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:51 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”