The Official September 2014 Study Group

BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Attax wrote:My last two PTs were 153 and 180.

Is this fucking true

Attax

Postby Attax » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:46 pm

BillPackets wrote:

Is this fucking true

Yeppers. That was the point when I realized that there are some odd inconsistencies in the test taking and shouldn't worry about these odd fluctuations towards the end and focus on my average, which chilled me the fuck out and led to a decent score.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Attax wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Is this fucking true

Yeppers. That was the point when I realized that there are some odd inconsistencies in the test taking and shouldn't worry about these odd fluctuations towards the end and focus on my average, which chilled me the fuck out and led to a decent score.

damn well u made it thru, it's questionable if I woulda sat after seein a 153 so close to test time

Attax

Postby Attax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Attax wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Is this fucking true

damn well u made it thru, it's questionable if I woulda sat after seein a 153 so close to test time

I'm a math/science/statistics person and it, along with the 180, were both anomalies. I was consistently hitting 170-172 for the last few tests so easily disqualified both as too deviant to be significant representations of actual ability (or lack thereof).

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 am

I saw today something that I kinda wish I hadn't--the place I am going to be taking the test. It seemed like everything about it was small--the room, the desks. The desks are so small they can only hold 3 quarters of one page of the test booklet, and they must harken to a time when most Americans were not obese because any smaller I wouldn't have been able to sit without holding my breath. If anyone there taking the test has something like claustrophobia, they will not appreciate the intimate closeness that room will only allow. I don't know what to do. The desks, oh my god, the desks . . . .

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 am

For anybody seeking motivation, this is what I tell myself from time to time. And just pretend I'm telling it to you now:

Never in your entire life have you managed to achieve something that very, very few other people have. You're not an Olympic athlete, you've won no Nobel prize, and you're not an astronaut. The reason behind this, my dear reader, is because you're a lazy little shit. It's not because of genetics, and it's not because of circumstance. You have not excelled because you didn't work at it. You think the astronaut just coasted through school? You think NBA Allstars just played pick up all day? They drilled. They sweat. They slammed their heads against the wall in frustration over and over, but persevered. And now they can stand at a place few others have been. They get to stand on the top of Mt. Everest (metaphorically, but we can include those who have actually climbed it) because they put in the work, not because they were born to do so.

There are less than 100 people each administration that get a 180. This is an opportunity, you little shit, to shine. This is your mountain to climb. Now, are you going to get 97% of the way up and give up, saying "the last few inches are too steep" or "this is good enough, I can see a lot from here"? No, fuck that shit. You're climbing until you die, so at least if you fail to reach the top, you can still say with your last breath, "it wasn't for a lack of trying".

ghostofdreams wrote:I saw today something that I kinda wish I hadn't--the place I am going to be taking the test. It seemed like everything about it was small--the room, the desks. The desks are so small they can only hold 3 quarters of one page of the test booklet, and they must harken to a time when most Americans were not obese because any smaller I wouldn't have been able to sit without holding my breath. If anyone there taking the test has something like claustrophobia, they will not appreciate the intimate closeness that room will only allow. I don't know what to do. The desks, oh my god, the desks . . . .

Excellence can only be present in the face of adversity. Nobody applauds the 7'0'' guy for beating the 5'0'' guy at basketball. Are you going to be an eternal victim and a little bitch, or are you going to be excellent?

P.J.Fry

Postby P.J.Fry » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:09 am

I remember reading somewhere that a 180 corresponded to the 99.97th percentile. I also read that less than 100,000 people write per year (not per administration). Would that be right that less than 30 people per year score a 180?

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:34 am

LET'S DO THIS!

But things like place are important, I think. Taking the test with some relative comfort is preferred over the torture rack. That was my post. So thank you Tony Robbins for the, uh, pep talk

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:09 am

I mean if you can change test centers then go for it. On a more related note, I've finally reduced my RC errors to mere carelessness. I'm slowly getting it.

Now essentially all of my mistakes are due to carelessness, as opposed to a lack of understanding. It's time to refine.

RC -3, LR -2 to -0, LG -1 to -0 (-1 when I'm starving)

Needs to be -0 across the board for a shot at 180 D=

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:53 am

Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:24 am

[quote="Colonel_funkadunk"]Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.[/quote

Ahahaha!!

I think I'd be bomb at this, though. Experimental LR section should be photos of skirts and shoes. NA: Expensive. SA: Alaia. Like shit I just won the LSAT right there.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:25 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.

Don't know why this made me lol so hysterically.

I had a dream that was LG about makeup items. Like "if grey uses blush and eyeliner, she will not use the red lipstick."

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:26 am

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.[/quote

Ahahaha!!

I think I'd be bomb at this, though. Experimental LR section should be photos of skirts and shoes. NA: Expensive. SA: Alaia. Like shit I just won the LSAT right there.

Hahahahah NA: expensive.

Conclusion? Buying it anyway

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:37 am

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.[/quote

Ahahaha!!

Hahahahah NA: expensive.

Conclusion? Buying it anyway

Hahaha okay I just lold at this being the direction you guys went w this

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:38 am

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Fwiw I had a dream that one LR section was a bunch of pictures of couches and I had to figure out the necessary assumption for each one.

I had a dream that was LG about makeup items. Like "if grey uses blush and eyeliner, she will not use the red lipstick."

"If grey uses too much lipstick, her coworkers will call her a whore"

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

"If grey uses too much lipstick, her coworkers will call her a whore"

Une grande pute.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 am

This is really funny it's a new day every1 loved the camaraderie ITT yesterday cuz ya kno sum stuff was out of line glad 2 see every1 stick up 4 this thread as it is

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is fantastic. We should all create the next LSAT. LSAC should hire us.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 am

sfoglia wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

This is fantastic. We should all create the next LSAT. LSAC should hire us.

I a agree, group LGs couches make up fashion all in one short test n we all get yale

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 am

BillPackets wrote:

This is really funny it's a new day every1 loved the camaraderie ITT yesterday cuz ya kno sum stuff was out of line glad 2 see every1 stick up 4 this thread as it is

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am

Is ramen ever credited for bfast

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:23 am

BillPackets wrote:Is ramen ever credited for bfast

Breakfast food is an arbitrary category. Breakfast is just a time in the morning that you eat. I've had leftovers for breakfast so many times, and it was always an excellent decision.

Eat that ramen.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:34 am

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Is ramen ever credited for bfast

Breakfast food is an arbitrary category. Breakfast is just a time in the morning that you eat. I've had leftovers for breakfast so many times, and it was always an excellent decision.

Eat that ramen.

Ramen: made. Plus poached eggs n some sesame oil bill does ramen right y'all

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:34 am

Bro I'm so fucking pissed about this mono thing. Gah damn. Swear I'm not a vagina guys, but I literally can't get out of bed. It literally feels like i have a huge weight on my chest. I cant even sit up man. Freakin student athlete reduced to a senior citizen. Not to mention I cant even swallow right now cuz my tonsils are likely the size of elephantitis balls, so I got all of 0 minutes of sleep. What a setback. Had a PT scheduled today but thats out the window

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 am

ilikebaseball wrote:Bro I'm so fucking pissed about this mono thing. Gah damn. Swear I'm not a vagina guys, but I literally can't get out of bed. It literally feels like i have a huge weight on my chest. I cant even sit up man. Freakin student athlete reduced to a senior citizen. Not to mention I cant even swallow right now cuz my tonsils are likely the size of elephantitis balls, so I got all of 0 minutes of sleep. What a setback. Had a PT scheduled today but thats out the window

This made my laugh so hard, but I had streppe in july so I feel your pain. You have to just rest as much as you can. Mono is so unpredictable with how long it lasts too.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”