The Official September 2014 Study Group

hetookmetoamovie

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:18 pm

i was quite pleased to deploy that gif, i won't lie
but i am very sorry that baseball is unwell!

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:18 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Attax wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Had to stop studying today cuz I got mono... anyone know how to deal? Cuz I white girl can't right now

You go to the doctor, get some medicine, and get better. Mono isn't really that bad.

really? i think every1 i kno who has mono has basically quit life for some period of time. roger federer got mono and sucked for like a year

Baseball that sucks!! Hopefully your case clears up quickly.

And lol at roger federer

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Bill,

Stop.

Image[/quote]

Image[/quote]

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:This thread :shock:

Sup LLH how's my BFF doin 2day

edit LLH sup y u hatin on ya boy

I'm not "hatin" on you. I'm actually happy for you that you were able to raise your score to the level you see it as an accomplishment and have this time to "party", however most of us are still studying and are unable to post in this thread because some of you hijacked it. :|

Now, you should have some respect for your BFF, and your potential classmates, and either continue this partying of yours in the lounge or stop all together so we can study.

What do you think?

Agree.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:21 pm

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:21 pm

I don't know where you are with your health but my mono was really aggressive and eventually they had to put me on corticosteroids. But then I was better within days. So, if you've ever been on prednisone or something similar maybe ask if that's an option?

Mono before the LSAT is just horrible. I hope you get better very soon.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
I'm not "hatin" on you. I'm actually happy for you that you were able to raise your score to the level you see it as an accomplishment and have this time to "party", however most of us are still studying and are unable to post in this thread because some of you hijacked it. :|

Them posting nonsense in this thread doesn't preclude any of you from posting on-topic stuff in this thread, just FYI.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 pm

rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

Them posting nonsense in this thread doesn't preclude any of you from posting on-topic stuff in this thread, just FYI.

I agree, however it gets lost. No one has time to go back five pages or more just to get one decent post out of it.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

We post nonsense all the time but as soon as someone has an on topic question, everyone is very helpful.

I don't think too many posts get lost.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Now, you should have some respect for your BFF, and your potential classmates, and either continue this partying of yours in the lounge or stop all together so we can study.

What do you think?

Agree.

sfoglia wrote:Currently doing breathing exercises because I am anxious about this PT. Hoping to channel the energy of my LR spirit animal, BillPackets.

U mad cuz I actually talk on topic so much that ppl ask me Qs about the LSAT ITT look we really cook in here work hard play hard if you can't keep up then idk don't blame puppy

Edit: don't blame me

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I don't like it when we fight. :(

More Ryan Gosling less arguing.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:49 pm

schmelling wrote:
BillPackets wrote:idk don't blame puppy

Don't blame puppies either.

That's a better follow up than the non sequitur that was deleted :)

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:52 pm

BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:

I HAVE A SCORE AND YOU DON'T, OK?

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:57 pm

rebexness wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:

I HAVE A SCORE AND YOU DON'T, OK?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:57 pm

rebexness wrote:I HAVE A SCORE AND YOU DON'T, OK?

That hurts bex

--ImageRemoved--

Edit: idk sup w that supposed to b gosling crying in blue valentine I have a hard time gif'ing on my phone but scooped in a better way by lady grey

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Guys breaking Canadian news: rob ford is in the hospital with a suspected abdominal tumour.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm

More importantly, Kate and Wils are preggers again and somehow i missed it.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:03 pm

ugh. Studying with a cold feels like I regressed months in progress. Hope its just my inability to focus.

Anyway, I've got a legit LSAT Q, guys so, *************please respond ****************

pt 14, s4, Q9 - since anyone who supports

After the conclusion, it is E (elected)-----> Understand economics , BUT I also have another arrow stemming off from this from the previous premises, which is STP ~. So from what I understand from Manhattan, I've gotta connect the stp ~ to the "understand economics".

Is this a correct interpretation?

This type of question doesn't even look like English to me, I've read it over a bunch of times but it never made sense to me.

Attax

Postby Attax » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:lol at him coming on this thread as a 1L just to try to "get me" by giving a blatantly idiotic recommendation when 2 seconds of googling could have given him an actual credible answer

Didn't google, too busy reading for class and you not seeming to understand a sense of sarcasm but instead take it as a personal attack and then respond with your own ad hominem yourself. And, if you want to attack someone, you shouldn't do it on a subject matter where it was meant as an, albeit unobvious, joke by someone who has published research in biophysical medicine applications before. Don't use our poor historical interactions as a justification for your currently poor behavior.

In all seriousness, I highly recommend studying through sickness though. You never know if you're going to wake up feeling kind of bleh on test day, and although you could cancel that may mean more time off, another year, etc. If you have gotten sick, especially with an illness such as mono which can flare up over time for severe cases unpredictably (as mine did for 2 years after I was first diagnosed) you may not have the luxury of going in full health blazing. Taking untimed practice tests during sickness helps prepare you for the worst. You take them under stress, at location, in loud places, etc., everything to maximize the inefficiency of the testing environment then when one gets ill you seem to cop out? Now, of course, if it was something more serious that's a different story, but quite frankly I feel as if mono isn't that extreme of a situation. It can be, but by all means isn't the worst thing that happens to people and is quite a common thing to get.

Now, that doesn't mean study in lieu of maintaining your health, but if you're not maintaining a healthy lifestyle already during prep you're simply setting yourself up for failure come test day. So, if you have the ability to, study through illness. Yes you have a compromised immune system, but your options really are quite limited. Unless you absolutely must stay in bed and sleep all day to improve your health, you shouldn't post-pone studying simply due to an illness that may still not be completely dissipated come test day.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Attax wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:lol at him coming on this thread as a 1L just to try to "get me" by giving a blatantly idiotic recommendation when 2 seconds of googling could have given him an actual credible answer

Didn't google, too busy reading for class and you not seeming to understand a sense of sarcasm but instead take it as a personal attack and then respond with your own ad hominem yourself. And, if you want to attack someone, you shouldn't do it on a subject matter where it was meant as an, albeit unobvious, joke by someone who has published research in biophysical medicine applications before. Don't use our poor historical interactions as a justification for your currently poor behavior.

In all seriousness, I highly recommend studying through sickness though. You never know if you're going to wake up feeling kind of bleh on test day, and although you could cancel that may mean more time off, another year, etc. If you have gotten sick, especially with an illness such as mono which can flare up over time for severe cases unpredictably (as mine did for 2 years after I was first diagnosed) you may not have the luxury of going in full health blazing. Taking untimed practice tests during sickness helps prepare you for the worst. You take them under stress, at location, in loud places, etc., everything to maximize the inefficiency of the testing environment then when one gets ill you seem to cop out? Now, of course, if it was something more serious that's a different story, but quite frankly I feel as if mono isn't that extreme of a situation. It can be, but by all means isn't the worst thing that happens to people and is quite a common thing to get.

Now, that doesn't mean study in lieu of maintaining your health, but if you're not maintaining a healthy lifestyle already during prep you're simply setting yourself up for failure come test day. So, if you have the ability to, study through illness. Yes you have a compromised immune system, but your options really are quite limited. Unless you absolutely must stay in bed and sleep all day to improve your health, you shouldn't post-pone studying simply due to an illness that may still not be completely dissipated come test day.

Attax,

nice to see you in here. :wink:

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:23 pm

BillPackets wrote:

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

It must be just that!

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

I agree, however it gets lost. No one has time to go back five pages or more just to get one decent post out of it.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:28 pm

smccgrey wrote:I don't like it when we fight. :(

More Ryan Gosling less arguing.

ITT WE FIGHT WE MAKE UP WE WIN WE LOSE WE LAUGH WE LIVE WE RIDE WE DIE

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”