The Official September 2014 Study Group

BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:That's basically what happened to me whilst PTing, though PT62 was my ego slayer. Take a few deep breaths and get back on the horse. We can do this!

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Guys, I am having such a jolly laugh rn over my tea and crumpets. CHEERS.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

sfoglia wrote:\begin complain

I'm starting to feel drained. My body and brain are like, "Okay, are we done? We'd rather sleep." I just had a second cup of tea and hoping I wake up enough before getting home to get in a solid three hours of studying tonight.

It is sooooooooooo hard. I slept in yesterday until 9:30am and felt guilty for not getting up at 6am to take a PT at 8:30 exact.

/end complain

I struggle after work, I can usually do a section or two but my mind is so drained from the day id rather exercise and eat and watch tv.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Just did PrepTest C and got dominated by the LG section. I hate how dejecting one feels after a poor PT performance.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:id rather exercise and eat and watch tv.

Eta - That said, my plan tonight is to run, sweat out my feelings, and then go HAM on some RC.
Last edited by GreenTee on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjohnstron0626

Help

Postby pjohnstron0626 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just looking for some help from people who score 170+. I've read many of the earlier posts and have committed to rigorous studying over the last 7 weeks. My last four practice tests are 161-165. I have done every problems and test in the New 10 and 10 actual. I have ordered the two earlier iterations so I can thoroughly exhaust the Reading Comprehension sections (where I struggle the most).

I just thought I'd ask some of you experts what you would do in these last two weeks if you are me.

I can often get all of the LG's and range normally between 20-22 per LR section (rarely guessing on the last 1-2 because of time). I have been going over all of the ones I dash (meaning longer time) and star (meaning general lack of understanding) to ensure I don't make the same mistake twice. I've also been doing my best to get my accuracy up on the Reading Comprehension. (My goal is to thoroughly answer three passages and move for three within the last five minutes or so on the last passage: the MP, PP, line-specific question, for example). If I can get 22/27, I'll be ecstatic. I normally get 16-19.

Every day I try to go over an old reading comprehension section to better pick up on the nuances I may have missed on the first go-round. I have also done every problem in all of the LSAT Bibles (currently doing the Reading Bible for a second time).

I have five more tests scheduled before D-Day (67-70;72). Between them, I intend to go over all of my dashes and stars, do un-timed accuracy and question type prep, and other pacing exercises (first ten LR in 10 minutes for example; or a sequencing game in 7 minutes).

To my LSAT gurus out there: am I missing anything here? How can I give myself the best chance to break the 165 barrier. What's the best way to get that final push?

Thank you

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:49 pm

GreenTee wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:id rather exercise and eat and watch tv.

crucial strike thru. i been draggin my fatass 2 the gym but i dont go willingly lately

BillPackets

Re: Help

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm

pjohnstron0626 wrote:How can I give myself the best chance to break the 165 barrier.

r u just goin for a 165

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:52 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:

I'm starting to feel drained. My body and brain are like, "Okay, are we done? We'd rather sleep." I just had a second cup of tea and hoping I wake up enough before getting home to get in a solid three hours of studying tonight.

It is sooooooooooo hard. I slept in yesterday until 9:30am and felt guilty for not getting up at 6am to take a PT at 8:30 exact.

/end complain

My cousin told me that she found her 3 year old asleep on the kitchen floor. He went to get a snack but also realized he was really tired, so he just decided to lie down right there.

SO ADORBS, but what I also got out of this was that being an adult sucks.

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
I struggle after work, I can usually do a section or two but my mind is so drained from the day id rather exercise and eat and watch tv.

Yesterday when I was doing my shivasana after yoga, I was so comfortable. Never has the floor ever been so comfortable ever. I was ready to just let myself go to sleep right there, in front of my bed.

Colonel, when do you study!? I leave my house at 8am and arrive home no earlier than 7pm so I don't really have a choice.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:54 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:being an adult sucks

Hand

Re: Help

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 pm

pjohnstron0626 wrote:Am I missing anything here? How can I give myself the best chance to break the 165 barrier. What's the best way to get that final push?

I heard electronic brain stimulation does wonders for some

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:Just did PrepTest C and got dominated by the LG section. I hate how dejecting one feels after a poor PT performance.

any particular game or just the whole section

bound

Postby bound » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:58 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

/end complain

My cousin told me that she found her 3 year old asleep on the kitchen floor. He went to get a snack but also realized he was really tired, so he just decided to lie down right there.

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Yesterday when I was doing my shivasana after yoga, I was so comfortable. Never has the floor ever been so comfortable ever. I was ready to just let myself go to sleep right there, in front of my bed.

Colonel, when do you study!? I leave my house at 8am and arrive home no earlier than 7pm so I don't really have a choice.

This is why I never study at night. It's more frustrating than it is productive.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:07 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:Just did PrepTest C and got dominated by the LG section. I hate how dejecting one feels after a poor PT performance.

any particular game or just the whole section

Well the first game wasn't too bad, once I figured out how to properly set it up. But I flubbed the second game because I didn't read close enough. I put the highest ranking restaurants on the far right and the lower ranking on the far left, and once I realized I had messed it up I was halfway through the questions and got really flustered.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Also super random, is Suits on Amazon Prime? Thinking about getting a prime membership since I can get a student account and it will only be $50 for the year. I still have never watched Suits.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:15 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

/end complain

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Do you go to yoga a lot? I've done hot yoga a few times n it's pretty cool.

I leave for work at 8, study for an hour at lunch, get home from work/gym at 730, eat
And sit Til 830, then study Til 10 when I work again for an hour. Then sometimes I'll study for another half hour after that or I'll go to bed

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:Also super random, is Suits on Amazon Prime? Thinking about getting a prime membership since I can get a student account and it will only be $50 for the year. I still have never watched Suits.

It looks like Seasons 1-3 are available on Prime for free streaming, and season 4 is available for purchase. (I haven't seen it before either.)

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:19 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:Also super random, is Suits on Amazon Prime? Thinking about getting a prime membership since I can get a student account and it will only be $50 for the year. I still have never watched Suits.

It looks like Seasons 1-3 are available on Prime for free streaming, and season 4 is available for purchase. (I haven't seen it before either.)

Is Prime otherwise worth it?

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

For me it is. I buy a lot of stuff online, and it's great having super fast two-day shipping included in everything. Also, there are a lot of TV shows and movies that Netflix doesn't have that Prime does. I'm thisclose to canceling cable for good... if it weren't for live sports programming.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Yea and amazon let's you put up to 4 ppl on your acct so if u know any free riders they benefit greatly

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:Is Prime otherwise worth it?

1 of my friends added me on their prime account n it was pretty cool 2 w the free 2 day n it 3.99 overnight i mean 3.99 overnight may as well be free.99 overnight

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 pm

lol at the Colonel's and Bill's posts in quick succession

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Thank you 3! I pulled the trigger.

ETA: I meant "pulled the trigger" in the colloquial way indicating that I had followed through with an action I was debating or otherwise struggling to make.
So calm TF down, NSA.
Last edited by Toby Ziegler on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:lol at the Colonel's and Bill's posts in quick succession

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”