The Official September 2014 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 pm

.

rebexness

Gold
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:09 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:getting excited, I now have 10 active applications, just waiting for my retake score (...and personal statement, and LORs, and Why Xs and Supplemental essays)


Posted in 2018 thread, but if anyone wants to do some Essay/Resume swapping, PM me.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:getting excited, I now have 10 active applications, just waiting for my retake score (...and personal statement, and LORs, and Why Xs and Supplemental essays)


Yeah the Why X and such... will need to write a few of those as well. Thank god my letters are all in. Still undecided about whether to write a DS. I mean, I am a recent immigrant, grew up speaking a different language, and such, but ultimately I'm just a white guy from an upper middle class family.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 pm

.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:12 pm

smccgrey wrote:
rebexness wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:getting excited, I now have 10 active applications, just waiting for my retake score (...and personal statement, and LORs, and Why Xs and Supplemental essays)


Posted in 2018 thread, but if anyone wants to do some Essay/Resume swapping, PM me.

Oh, Bex, I would, if only I had something acceptable enough to share.


I only have a resume that's done, but am reluctant to share it as you would immediately be able to identify me from it no matter what I tried (plus I feel plenty confident about it anyway), but I'm happy to have a look at whoever wants to share theirs

User avatar
BillPackets

Gold
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:16 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:My last day at work was awhile ago. I was there until 7:30pm on Friday and had no time to drop off my stuff (the stereotypical cardboard box full of mugs n' shit) before going to dinner. The maitre d' had to check in my cardboard box for me when got to the restaurant. I think it's still there.

i like that image of checking a box of mugs from the job u just n quit n leaving it at the restaurant just like f it i can get new mugs n i dnt want ne memories from that job

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

I've missed a lot itt today bc of work but it was all great

Good highlights:

CopywriTTTER

J crew

And the slowly increasing text size shticks

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm

.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I've missed a lot itt today bc of work but it was all great

Good highlights:

CopywriTTTER

J crew

And the slowly increasing text size shticks

WELCOME BACK.


You were thoroughly missed, ALL OF YOU

User avatar
BillPackets

Gold
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:27 pm

hereisonehand wrote:I only have a resume that's done, but am reluctant to share it as you would immediately be able to identify me from it no matter what I tried (plus I feel plenty confident about it anyway), but I'm happy to have a look at whoever wants to share theirs

im afraid too of sharing my resume n outing myself cuz u guys only need 1 more piece of the puzzle n i would b outed in a second

User avatar
sfoglia

Gold
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 pm

I think I might just turn my volume on high (open office), play this, and walk straight out.



Alternately, I may submit my letter of resignation as a poem:

"Well I'm movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

With warm regard,
Sfoglia"

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm

.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm

.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm

sfoglia wrote:I think I might just turn my volume on high (open office), play this, and walk straight out.



Alternately, I may submit my letter of resignation as a poem:

"Well I'm movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

With warm regard,
Sfoglia"


This would be amazing

User avatar
BillPackets

Gold
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:I only have a resume that's done, but am reluctant to share it as you would immediately be able to identify me from it no matter what I tried (plus I feel plenty confident about it anyway), but I'm happy to have a look at whoever wants to share theirs

im afraid too of sharing my resume n outing myself cuz u guys only need 1 more piece of the puzzle n i would b outed in a second

One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?

in AMERICA CVs can go on 4 dayz n resumes are generally 1 page

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:I only have a resume that's done, but am reluctant to share it as you would immediately be able to identify me from it no matter what I tried (plus I feel plenty confident about it anyway), but I'm happy to have a look at whoever wants to share theirs

im afraid too of sharing my resume n outing myself cuz u guys only need 1 more piece of the puzzle n i would b outed in a second

One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?


2 pages is TTT

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:I only have a resume that's done, but am reluctant to share it as you would immediately be able to identify me from it no matter what I tried (plus I feel plenty confident about it anyway), but I'm happy to have a look at whoever wants to share theirs

im afraid too of sharing my resume n outing myself cuz u guys only need 1 more piece of the puzzle n i would b outed in a second

One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?


Mine is 1 page. MS9 did a post about this recently, saying it doesn't need to be only 1, but I figure it can't hurt. Scary to see I can put all these years into a single page, and still have room to list some of the interests I used to have

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie

Silver
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Size 8 Arial Narrow is what's up

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:"Well I'm movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

With warm regard,
Sfoglia"

180 please do this.

rebexness

Gold
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?


2 pages is TTT


1 pg is probably TCR for KJDs, but 2 pgs is fine for people who have been jerb-having adults for some time.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie

Silver
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

hereisonehand wrote:list some of the interests I used to have

User avatar
BillPackets

Gold
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:35 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Size 8 Arial Narrow is what's up

seeing a resume in size 8 font would b 180. i do f w the margins in mine tho so theres basically no top or bottom margin n the side margins r like .2"

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie

Silver
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I think I might just turn my volume on high (open office), play this, and walk straight out.



Alternately, I may submit my letter of resignation as a poem:

"Well I'm movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

With warm regard,
Sfoglia"


This would be amazing


On parchment in your most florid handwriting plZ

User avatar
BillPackets

Gold
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

rebexness wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?


2 pages is TTT


1 pg is probably TCR for KJDs, but 2 pgs is fine for people who have been jerb-having adults for some time.


r u backhandedly calling ppl who r'nt k-jd k-jd for suggesting the standard resume length of 1 page

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests