The Official September 2014 Study Group

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:all uGPA in the rankings

also fogs have u submitted your transcripts yet?

Yay! Should be +0.05 for me, then!

NOPE. I want to make sure that I'm actually applying for this round. If I do the LSAT in December (God I hope not), then I may defer until next year.

Basically, don't want to apply if I'm not sure I will get at least a 173 on the LSAT.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:44 pm

sfoglia wrote:

NOPE. I want to make sure that I'm actually applying for this round. If I do the LSAT in December (God I hope not), then I may defer until next year.

Basically, don't want to apply if I'm not sure I will get at least a 173 on the LSAT.

im a hedger too but if u get ur stuff in now u wont have 2 do it later. and if u get the score u want in sept then u will b good 2 go.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:50 pm

sfoglia wrote:

I clicked on the Dec 2014 study thread kind of thoughtlessly. I hope I haven't jinxed myself :(

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:52 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

I clicked on the Dec 2014 study thread kind of thoughtlessly. I hope I haven't jinxed myself :(

we got some good vibes going here people, we all should be done with this after the 27th

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:52 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I clicked on the Dec 2014 study thread kind of thoughtlessly. I hope I haven't jinxed myself :(

im sure every1 has done that. movie whats your story i dont remember you saying if u are k-JD, graduated, W/E, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:07 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I clicked on the Dec 2014 study thread kind of thoughtlessly. I hope I haven't jinxed myself :(

im sure every1 has done that. movie whats your story i dont remember you saying if u are k-JD, graduated, W/E, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Oh I am "non-traditional" (aka older) I guess. After college, I worked in SE Asia for a year in a health care NGO and taught English, went to grad school for public health, then worked in HIV counseling. Then the reality of school loans hit (I made the mistake of going to a private school for my grad degree), and I sold my soul to work for the Man for a few years. I kind of have a break in my life in this point, and I'd always wanted to go into public health/health law, so I thought I'd give it a go. So that's me.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:07 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

im a hedger too but if u get ur stuff in now u wont have 2 do it later. and if u get the score u want in sept then u will b good 2 go.

True. I should get that done sometime this week.

Currently doing breathing exercises because I am anxious about this PT. Hoping to channel the energy of my LR spirit animal, BillPackets.

Does anyone else do this? Get very nervous before a PT for fear that you will score worse and then be upset about it for days?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

sfoglia wrote:True. I should get that done sometime this week.

Currently doing breathing exercises because I am anxious about this PT. Hoping to channel the energy of my LR spirit animal, BillPackets.

Does anyone else do this? Get very nervous before a PT for fear that you will score worse and then be upset about it for days?

sometimes i think "if i dont get at least X score, then i am objectively dumb and might quit life" so yeah kinda similar

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

sfoglia wrote:Does anyone else do this? Get very nervous before a PT for fear that you will score worse and then be upset about it for days?

All the time. In fact, as we speak.

ETA: I'm currently staring down the barrel of PT64... :-\
Last edited by hetookmetoamovie on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:14 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Oh I am "non-traditional" (aka older) I guess. After college, I worked in SE Asia for a year in a health care NGO and taught English, went to grad school for public health, then worked in HIV counseling. Then the reality of school loans hit (I made the mistake of going to a private school for my grad degree), and I sold my soul to work for the Man for a few years. I kind of have a break in my life in this point, and I'd always wanted to go into public health/health law, so I thought I'd give it a go. So that's me.

i think we have several non trad ("older") ppl ITT i think most of us are not k-JD right?

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Does anyone else do this? Get very nervous before a PT for fear that you will score worse and then be upset about it for days?

DON'T STRESS. That was my diagnostic and I scored a 164, which is a solid 4 points higher than I should have (as evinced by the succeeding three 160-range PTs).

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Oh I am "non-traditional" (aka older) I guess. After college, I worked in SE Asia for a year in a health care NGO and taught English, went to grad school for public health, then worked in HIV counseling. Then the reality of school loans hit (I made the mistake of going to a private school for my grad degree), and I sold my soul to work for the Man for a few years. I kind of have a break in my life in this point, and I'd always wanted to go into public health/health law, so I thought I'd give it a go. So that's me.

i think we have several non trad ("older") ppl ITT i think most of us are not k-JD right?

check

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:19 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

DON'T STRESS. That was my diagnostic and I scored a 164, which is a solid 4 points higher than I should have (as evinced by the succeeding three 160-range PTs).

I'd say it's probably good if you stress a bit since you'll be doing the same on the actual thing, this way your prep experience will more closely resemble the real thing

Louis1127

Postby Louis1127 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Is it bad if, upon getting 1 163 on a PT, that I celebrate because I still did ok (by Louis standards) yet completely bombed a game (went 1/7 on the last game).

But seriously those were my thoughts about PT 65.

Generous curve b/c tough test.

LR -9 combined (high for me actually and just by glancing at my score sheet I missed quite a few easy ones dag nabbit)
RC -7
LG -7

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Louis1127 wrote:Is it bad if, upon getting 1 163 on a PT, that I celebrate because I still did ok (by Louis standards) yet completely bombed a game (went 1/7 on the last game).

LR -9 combined (high for me actually and just by glancing at my score sheet I missed quite a few easy ones dag nabbit)
RC -7
LG -7

Oh no I wish I didn't read this. I'm about to take PT65.

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:26 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Is it bad if, upon getting 1 163 on a PT, that I celebrate because I still did ok (by Louis standards) yet completely bombed a game (went 1/7 on the last game).

RC -7
LG -7

Don't worry--65 is no 62.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:32 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
sfoglia wrote:

RC -7
LG -7

Don't worry--65 is no 62.

Deeepppp breath. Okay. I will do one RC and then proceed with the test.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:32 pm

sfoglia wrote:Deeepppp breath. Okay. I will do one RC and then proceed with the test.

u just 172ed dont worry.

also didnt u just take a test in the 40s?

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Ryan Gosling looks really sexy when he stresses about PT 65.

BJS

Postby BJS » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:42 pm

So excited right now. I just got 48 Ticon blacks and 2 pencil sharpeners AND set up two volunteer opportunities for after the LSAT! Leading an historical tour at a national park site Oct 11 and helping hold a giant Human Rights Campaign flag at the Atlanta PRIDE parade Oct 12. This is what having a life again means!!!

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:59 pm

BJS wrote:So excited right now. I just got 48 Ticon blacks and 2 pencil sharpeners AND set up two volunteer opportunities for after the LSAT! Leading an historical tour at a national park site Oct 11 and helping hold a giant Human Rights Campaign flag at the Atlanta PRIDE parade Oct 12. This is what having a life again means!!!

pretty sure my post LSAT life is just constant anxiety attacks thinking about grey day.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:02 pm

smccgrey wrote:pretty sure my post LSAT life is just constant anxiety attacks thinking about grey day.

yeah i feel like ill b in some weird liminal state waiting for the lsat bomb to drop...we r having my fiances bday party on the 27th n shes like yay youll b able to celebrate bc the lsat will b over n im like lol yeah i will have taken the test and will have no reason to celebrate but every reason to worry so yeah prolly wont b celebrating the completion of a test

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:03 pm

taking 67 tomorrow morning! Also, the Kaplan in my area is hosting proctored PTs this and next Saturday-- I think if you're able to ignore everything else they'll tell you, it could definitely benefit (especially if it's at the actual test center, like mine).

BJS

Postby BJS » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:So excited right now. I just got 48 Ticon blacks and 2 pencil sharpeners AND set up two volunteer opportunities for after the LSAT! Leading an historical tour at a national park site Oct 11 and helping hold a giant Human Rights Campaign flag at the Atlanta PRIDE parade Oct 12. This is what having a life again means!!!

pretty sure my post LSAT life is just constant anxiety attacks thinking about grey day.

I read somewhere that the scores are supposed to be released Oct 22. I'm at a conference that day at a location without Internet or mobile data. FML.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”