Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Got excited bc I thought our thread was on the homepage

But no:

It was just that shit thread

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

unodostres

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:40 pm

my gf gave me her netflix pw and shit

ive never seen breaking bad

i just went through 3 seasons this weekend

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Got excited bc I thought our thread was on the homepage

But no:
[img]funnypic[/img]

IMHO that's really funny

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Got excited bc I thought our thread was on the homepage

But no:
[img]funnypic[/img]

IMHO that's really funny

I loled also (after I was done stressing about your battery level)

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

unodostres wrote:my gf gave me her netflix pw and shit

Sounds like sabotage, IMHO

Is she your girlfrenemy or what

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

Downloaded nhl 15 for ps4 so my studyin days may be over

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm really worried there's going to be one or more hot girls in my testing room.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:58 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I loled also (after I was done stressing about your battery level)

That's pretty funny movie

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 am

schmelling wrote:those of you have taken PTs at your test center. How did you figure out where exactly your site was? I am taking at fairly large university near my home and it could be in any number of places on the campus. Would love to go scope it out beforehand.

I think there are reviews somewhere (either here or on the net) of all the testing sites. You could look up your school and get a pretty good idea of what rooms the LSAT is normally held in. I'm taking mine at a law school, so I just asked the admissions office where it'll be and got a tour. Also, this info will hopefully be on the ticket.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 am

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I loled also (after I was done stressing about your battery level)

That's pretty funny movie

Thanks, Bill. That's always the first thing I look at.

Drillin the freakin' Weakens, baby I'm about to have me some fun.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:08 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Sounds like sabotage, IMHO

Is she your girlfrenemy or what

In my head I read that as netflix picwhore

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:10 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm really worried there's going to be one or more hot girls in my testing room.

There are no hot lawyers its scientifically proven

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:15 am

Does anyone use melatonin does it just help u sleep deeper is it a legit sleeping pill or just promote deep sleep? I googled it but wasn't finding the answers I was looking for there was just a lot of circadian rhythm chatter and no consensus on long term supplementation

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:24 am

schmelling wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
schmelling wrote:19 straight RC passages- done
50 Hardest Weaken questions- done
Miscellaneous Games Packet- Done

Really trying to go maximum beyonce tomorrow.

OMG me too. What was with the train one? I have to re-do it. I was on the train while doing it and answered almost all of the questions incorrectly and just found it so amusing.

The train one is pretty intuitive if you set it up properly. I did it very similarly to 7sage.

For some reason I do much better in relation to 7sage's timing on these games than the others. Some of the games that JY Ping was saying should take ten minutes were taking me 5, but on the other packets, I'm always over time. I'm probably the only one hoping for weird games like this on the LSAT.

I'm definitely going to review with 7Sage, but I'm hoping that I can figure it out on my own first. I'm going to come back to, and a few other games that I found challenging, it on Wednesday.

I like the weird games, too! Love anything involving diagramming variables in an odd shape (park benches, people seated at a table, whatever). And that sentence game with the letters. I finished that one in like five minutes flat.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:30 am

ilikebaseball wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm really worried there's going to be one or more hot girls in my testing room.

There are no hot lawyers its scientifically proven

You're incorrectly assuming that all LSAT test takers are lawyers. That is in fact very untrue. She may only have a 127 cooking up in there, but she seems... nice.

If I show her my first time score maybe she'll let me offer her a tip during the break.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 am

I just got done with season 3 this Sunday as well.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:41 am

schmelling wrote:those of you have taken PTs at your test center. How did you figure out where exactly your site was? I am taking at fairly large university near my home and it could be in any number of places on the campus. Would love to go scope it out beforehand.

If it's a large university, they probably have a Testing Center-- contact them and ask them which classrooms are usually used for the LSAT.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 am

On topic: I'm having a very hard time during my CR review understanding the theoretical reason for omission of the practical contemporary significance of common law's historical forms. PT 53 section 4 passage 2

"Yet the academic study of jurisprudence has seldom treated common law as a constantly evolving phenomenon rooted in history; those interpretive theories that do acknowledge the antiquity of common law ignore the practical contemporary significance of its historical forms. The reasons for this omission are partly theoretical and partly political. In theoretical terms, modern jurisprudence has consistently treated law as a unified system of rules that can be studied at any given moment in time as a logical whole. The notion of jurisprudence as a system of norms or principles deemphasizes history in favor of the coherence of a system. In this view, the past of the system is conceived as no more than the continuous succession of its states of presence."

My thought process:

Modern theoretical study of law treats law as self-consistent as time progresses. Laws in the past do not contradict laws in the present, because it can be studied as a logical whole.

I don't see how this logically leads to an omission of how past laws are relevant in contemporary culture.

I also don't see how "continuous succession of its states of presence" means that jurisprudence ignore the contemporary significance of "historical forms". I'm assuming historical forms means past laws?

I'm so lost.
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Thanks, Bill. That's always the first thing I look at.

Drillin the freakin' Weakens, baby I'm about to have me some fun.

OMG 180!

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Does anyone use melatonin does it just help u sleep deeper is it a legit sleeping pill or just promote deep sleep? I googled it but wasn't finding the answers I was looking for there was just a lot of circadian rhythm chatter and no consensus on long term supplementation

I use it sometimes. You shouldn't use it regularly - I think they say for no more than two weeks at a time. It does work. Your body produces melatonin naturally around bedtime. But, it's a hormone, so your environment can effect that production, which is why we're always told to stay off the computer/away from the television for an hour or so before bed - it's particularly responsive to light levels.

It just makes you feel really sleepy. You know that feeling you get right before you drift off? Or when you're so tired but in a totally inappropriate place and totally ready to close your eyes? It does exactly that.

The less you take, the more effective it is, or so my soon-to-be-med-student brother says. I use 3mg, but I'm very petite. You might require double that.

As a warning, not always fantastic to use, depending on how your body naturally regulates your sleep patterns. I have a very odd circadian rhythm - at night I'm generally only able to sleep for a four hour stretch before my body wakes me, sometimes without my being able to fall back asleep - and melatonin exacerbates that. So, I only take it when I know I'm unlikely to sleep at all without it. Nobody wants to be awake at 4am. So boring.

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:47 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Does anyone use melatonin does it just help u sleep deeper is it a legit sleeping pill or just promote deep sleep? I googled it but wasn't finding the answers I was looking for there was just a lot of circadian rhythm chatter and no consensus on long term supplementation

When I take melatonin, I only take half a pill. The trouble with me is that if I take the whole thing I have a hard time waking up. But then, if you take half, it can take a while for you to sleep. Also, you might not want to take it too many times because I heard it affects your hormones, thus shrinking your balls and growing breasts.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 am

ghostofdreams wrote:

When I take melatonin, I only take half a pill. The trouble with me is that if I take the whole thing I have a hard time waking up. But then, if you take half, it can take a while for you to sleep. Also, you might not want to take it too many times because I heard it affects your hormones, thus shrinking your balls and growing breasts.

Doubtful on that one.

I think I've read that splitting the pill effs with it's time-release ability. Like, it's coated in a certain way so as to metabolize at a specific rate, so cutting it in half shortens its effect.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”