The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

BillPackets wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.


Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.


idk P i mean its kind of a weird MSS in that almost seems like an assumption to me but this is def a good candidate for POE its weird i think cuz youre trying to support an opinion in this Q whereas i think most MSS Qs are not opinion based like its just a couple of sentences objectively describing a situation then you see whats MSS


Yeah, this is a weird one.

He's just arguing that since other companies stick to the old software, then our company should stick to the old software. The NA is that our company = other companies.

It's an MSS and you have to assume that the Manager's reasoning is valid. E is the NA in his argument, so since the reasoning is valid, E is MSS. B is not necessary to or supported by his reasoning.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:03 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.


Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.


I would look but my tests are at home and I am currently in hell at work. If you want to send the question to me, happy to take a look in case I can be of help!

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:04 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.


did the colonel say something to that effect? i thot he was straightedge


Nono I think he was talking to baseball or someone on his day off, wondering if he was going to do shots of jack until his face melts off. I lol'ed. It brought me back to college, when bros would funnel goldschlager on the sidewalk.

ETA: Yes, I'm always lurking.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:06 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.


did the colonel say something to that effect? i thot he was straightedge



The colonel said in response to baseballs friday drinking "did you take shots Til your face melted" or something to that effect

He is straightedge.

Also movie, I'm glad the things I say r memorable

Eta: Lolol nice scoop

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:ETA: Yes, I'm always lurking.


Tagline?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
He is straightedge.



Permanently?

I'm just trying not to drink from now 'till test day but it's hard given the level of enjoyment I get from my job
Last edited by Hand on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:12 pm

sfoglia wrote:
schmelling wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.



PT22.

Schmel, you mean the jugglers one? I liked that LG! It's just like the one with the adults and kids in the boats, no?


Sfog, you just committed an RC error on a post about RC. That was so meta of you.


Ahahahahahaha. Can't believe I just did that. I have LG on the brain! Hoping to finish my miscellaneous packet today.


How do you feel about the misc games? I feel like the diagrams are so odd that the questions become really easy if you can get the right way to frame it down. It's like LSAC rewards you for figuring out a way to diagram the stupid game by making the questions easy.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
He is straightedge.



Permanently?

I'm just trying not to drink from now 'till test day but it's hard given the level of enjoyment I get from my job


Ha sounds like a thrilling job

And yea permanently

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
He is straightedge.



Permanently?

I'm just trying not to drink from now 'till test day but it's hard given the level of enjoyment I get from my job


Ha sounds like a thrilling job

And yea permanently


Ah good for you!

My job is, well, you know, think of Office Space. That kind of thing.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 pm

predicting circular game with either 6 or 8 pieces on 73

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:23 pm

BillPackets wrote:predicting circular game with either 6 or 8 pieces on 73


No chance. Lsacs chairman came out in '09 and said circular games don't hit the right analytical brainwave and vowed against them forever.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:23 pm

BillPackets wrote:predicting circular game with either 6 or 8 pieces on 73


Really hope so. I love circular games.

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:40 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


+1

I make up logic games during staff meetings using the projects and people in the room, then find all possible inferences and answer fake questions. Yes, the meetings are that boring. I sometimes get asked why my pad is covered with odd notations, so I tell them it's shorthand.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 pm

sashafierce wrote:The September thread is cool BUT hmmmmm....everytime I go there I get caught up in something that is soooo not LSAT related


keep it up guys

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:43 pm

BillPackets wrote:
keep it up guys

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:44 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
keep it up guys

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:53 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


In/Out?

mmorrell94
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby mmorrell94 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Just took PT 62 and got absolutely wrecked everywhere and on all sides. The mean score for my last 12 tests is a 172.8, and my min is a 170. Walked away with a 166 on this. I have absolutely no idea what happened but it's alarming and terrifying and I want it to stop.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ErgoSum » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
up

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


In/Out?


Double layered sequencing

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


In/Out?


hope he washed his hands if it was a grouping game

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:56 pm

mmorrell94 wrote:Just took PT 62 and got absolutely wrecked everywhere and on all sides. The mean score for my last 12 tests is a 172.8, and my min is a 170. Walked away with a 166 on this. I have absolutely no idea what happened but it's alarming and terrifying and I want it to stop.


it is well documented that 62 is the worst

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:56 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


In/Out?


Double layered sequencing


NICE

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:56 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:I took a shit today and made a logic game out of it.


In/Out?


Double layered sequencing


NICE


Def Level 4




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests