The Official September 2014 Study Group

PeanutsNJam

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

ETA: thx every1 it took a lot of hard work to get to this point alot of trials and tribulations have been overcome in this process hopefully the next 1K will b as great and productive as the past 1K happy monday everyone

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm

BillPackets wrote:ETA: thx every1 it took a lot of hard work to get to this point alot of trials and tribulations have been overcome in this process hopefully the next 1K will b as great and productive as the past 1K happy monday everyone

Good job! Good effort!

hereisonehand wrote:As if by magic, channeling Bodhi had me check in---!

Hey Hand! Get me two!

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 pm

thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Hey Hand! Get me two!

Two what? Two copies of Point Break in a format of your choosing? Two pairs of TOM's, one going to a poor kid? Two letters of recommendation, signed and sealed? Two hands? I hope you already have the latter.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:

No no I want LR.

If I get logic games, I'll be fat kid in candy store.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:

No no I want LR.

Note that not everyone will get the same experimental. Like, not even everyone in the same room. Last time I had LG as exp. and they were the worst.

Also I hope it's LR, I can do that shit all day every day

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

thequigley wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:

No no I want LR.

If I get logic games, I'll be fat kid in candy store.

Yeah I want one of the LG experimental sections that people have talked about where they say it's super obvious that it's the experimental section.

thequigley

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:

No no I want LR.

Note that not everyone will get the same experimental. Like, not even everyone in the same room. Last time I had LG as exp. and they were the worst.

Also I hope it's LR, I can do that shit all day every day

This answers my question. Luck of the draw. Thanks.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Good job! Good effort!

thx movie also curious i mean i kno usernames r like who cares where they came from but yours is like a phrase is it a band or something

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:

Hey Hand! Get me two!

Two what? Two copies of Point Break in a format of your choosing? Two pairs of TOM's, one going to a poor kid? Two letters of recommendation, signed and sealed? Two hands? I hope you already have the latter.

Hilarious! Yes to all the above. Even the hands. I'm a hoarder.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.

whats the PT #?

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:

thx movie also curious i mean i kno usernames r like who cares where they came from but yours is like a phrase is it a band or something

I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.

<3 ladytron

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm

BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.

whats the PT #?

PT22.

Schmel, you mean the jugglers one? I liked that LG! It's just like the one with the adults and kids in the boats, no?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:25 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...

made me lol

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 pm

hereisonehand wrote:<3 ladytron

Basically, we're twins.

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...

made me lol

I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.

Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:47 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.

idk P i mean its kind of a weird MSS in that almost seems like an assumption to me but this is def a good candidate for POE its weird i think cuz youre trying to support an opinion in this Q whereas i think most MSS Qs are not opinion based like its just a couple of sentences objectively describing a situation then you see whats MSS

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:57 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.

did the colonel say something to that effect? i thot he was straightedge

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

schmelling wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

whats the PT #?

PT22.

Schmel, you mean the jugglers one? I liked that LG! It's just like the one with the adults and kids in the boats, no?

Sfog, you just committed an RC error on a post about RC. That was so meta of you.

Ahahahahahaha. Can't believe I just did that. I have LG on the brain! Hoping to finish my miscellaneous packet today.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”