The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Image

ETA: thx every1 it took a lot of hard work to get to this point alot of trials and tribulations have been overcome in this process hopefully the next 1K will b as great and productive as the past 1K happy monday everyone

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm

BillPackets wrote:ETA: thx every1 it took a lot of hard work to get to this point alot of trials and tribulations have been overcome in this process hopefully the next 1K will b as great and productive as the past 1K happy monday everyone


Good job! Good effort!

hereisonehand wrote:As if by magic, channeling Bodhi had me check in---!

Hey Hand! Get me two!

User avatar
thequigley
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

User avatar
Toby Ziegler
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 pm

thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:As if by magic, channeling Bodhi had me check in---!

Hey Hand! Get me two!


Two what? Two copies of Point Break in a format of your choosing? Two pairs of TOM's, one going to a poor kid? Two letters of recommendation, signed and sealed? Two hands? I hope you already have the latter.

User avatar
thequigley
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.


If I get logic games, I'll be fat kid in candy store.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.


Note that not everyone will get the same experimental. Like, not even everyone in the same room. Last time I had LG as exp. and they were the worst.

Also I hope it's LR, I can do that shit all day every day

User avatar
Toby Ziegler
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

thequigley wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.


If I get logic games, I'll be fat kid in candy store.

Yeah I want one of the LG experimental sections that people have talked about where they say it's super obvious that it's the experimental section.

User avatar
thequigley
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby thequigley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
thequigley wrote:Do we have any insight into the number of times that the experimental has been a reading comp section?

I am just counting on this happening, and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

No no I want LR.


Note that not everyone will get the same experimental. Like, not even everyone in the same room. Last time I had LG as exp. and they were the worst.

Also I hope it's LR, I can do that shit all day every day



This answers my question. Luck of the draw. Thanks.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Good job! Good effort!


thx movie also curious i mean i kno usernames r like who cares where they came from but yours is like a phrase is it a band or something

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:As if by magic, channeling Bodhi had me check in---!

Hey Hand! Get me two!


Two what? Two copies of Point Break in a format of your choosing? Two pairs of TOM's, one going to a poor kid? Two letters of recommendation, signed and sealed? Two hands? I hope you already have the latter.


Hilarious! Yes to all the above. Even the hands. I'm a hoarder.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.


whats the PT #?

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Good job! Good effort!


thx movie also curious i mean i kno usernames r like who cares where they came from but yours is like a phrase is it a band or something


I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Good job! Good effort!


thx movie also curious i mean i kno usernames r like who cares where they came from but yours is like a phrase is it a band or something


I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.


<3 ladytron

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm

BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.


whats the PT #?


PT22.

Schmel, you mean the jugglers one? I liked that LG! It's just like the one with the adults and kids in the boats, no?

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:25 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.

made me lol

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 pm

hereisonehand wrote:<3 ladytron

Basically, we're twins.

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:I was drunk when I signed up for TLS and I was listening to this song called "He Took Her to a Movie," so...
Everything sounds so stupid when you explain it, which is the complete opposite of how things sound when you're drunk.

made me lol


I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.


Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:47 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Back on topic. PT57, Section 3 #25.

I'm highly uncomfortable that answer choice (E) requires the assumption that employees of the Manager's firm will behave similarly to the employees of the other firm mentioned.

I chose (B), and I understand it's wrong because it's a premise that supports the Manager's conclusion, but what the question wants is another conclusion.


Quoting myself in case it gets buried and cause this is rather important to me.


idk P i mean its kind of a weird MSS in that almost seems like an assumption to me but this is def a good candidate for POE its weird i think cuz youre trying to support an opinion in this Q whereas i think most MSS Qs are not opinion based like its just a couple of sentences objectively describing a situation then you see whats MSS

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:57 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:I have been refraining from the booze for the past few weeks. I am already fantasizing about the night of the 27th. To paraphrase the Colonel, I plan to drink until my face melts off. He said it with more zest, though.


did the colonel say something to that effect? i thot he was straightedge

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

schmelling wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
schmelling wrote:June 1997 passage 4 has to be one of the hardest old school RC passages. Not too many questions, but the passage itself was rough to get through.


whats the PT #?


PT22.

Schmel, you mean the jugglers one? I liked that LG! It's just like the one with the adults and kids in the boats, no?


Sfog, you just committed an RC error on a post about RC. That was so meta of you.


Ahahahahahaha. Can't believe I just did that. I have LG on the brain! Hoping to finish my miscellaneous packet today.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests