The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:43 pm

dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know of PTs with similar games as PT65-G2? It's an easy sentencing game but with 2 layers.


R u just talking about complex ordering? Cambridge sells a complex ordering packet that's just double layered sequencing. Also idk I didn't really notice many double layered sequencing games in the 40s n 50s but in the more recent PTs 67-on they've been showing up more

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm

GreenTee wrote:Took my first 6 section PT today! It was PT69 + LR exp. PT40 + LR exp. PT1 (Blind - inserted by Cambridge.) Here's the breakdown:

LR (Exp. 40): -0
LR: -0
LG: -1
RC: -7 :shock: Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?
LR (Exp. 1): -0
LR: -3
Scaled: 170

LR and LG were my saving grace. RC was a catastrophe! What I learned: When I'm tired, my reading skills are always the first to go. I went -0 on the first two passages, realized I was behind on time, skipped comparative (third), and jumped into passage four, only to discover that I couldn't process words anymore (-2). When I hit the five minute warning, I hadn't even looked at the comparative passages yet, and I pretty much guessed my way through (-5).

Time to eat cheese fries and watch Louie.


Nice GT I also took PT 69 this weekend took it yesterday pretty good test. Way to 170

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:46 pm

BillPackets wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know of PTs with similar games as PT65-G2? It's an easy sentencing game but with 2 layers.


R u just talking about complex ordering? Cambridge sells a complex ordering packet that's just double layered sequencing. Also idk I didn't really notice many double layered sequencing games in the 40s n 50s but in the more recent PTs 67-on they've been showing up more


I see a ton of double layered sequencing games on the PT's I've been doing lately. I actually think they're pretty simple. I did a triple layered the other day though, which was sorta hard. Definitely not as hard as grouping games or in-out games, imo, just because there are always tons of conditionals

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:47 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know of PTs with similar games as PT65-G2? It's an easy sentencing game but with 2 layers.


R u just talking about complex ordering? Cambridge sells a complex ordering packet that's just double layered sequencing. Also idk I didn't really notice many double layered sequencing games in the 40s n 50s but in the more recent PTs 67-on they've been showing up more


I see a ton of double layered sequencing games on the PT's I've been doing lately. I actually think they're pretty simple. I did a triple layered the other day though, which was sorta hard. Definitely not as hard as grouping games or in-out games, imo, just because there are always tons of conditionals


What was the trip? Was it the 1 about dogs, with greyhounds n labs, they're male n female, and ranked

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:49 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Took my first 6 section PT today! It was PT69 + LR exp. PT40 + LR exp. PT1 (Blind - inserted by Cambridge.) Here's the breakdown:

LR (Exp. 40): -0
LR: -0
LG: -1
RC: -7 :shock: Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?
LR (Exp. 1): -0
LR: -3
Scaled: 170

LR and LG were my saving grace. RC was a catastrophe! What I learned: When I'm tired, my reading skills are always the first to go. I went -0 on the first two passages, realized I was behind on time, skipped comparative (third), and jumped into passage four, only to discover that I couldn't process words anymore (-2). When I hit the five minute warning, I hadn't even looked at the comparative passages yet, and I pretty much guessed my way through (-5).

Time to eat cheese fries and watch Louie.


Nice GT I also took PT 69 this weekend took it yesterday pretty good test. Way to 170


Thanks, Bill! How did you do on RC? I really don't think the section was especially challenging. I think I just went temporarily blind and dumb for ~20 mins. Confirm/deny?

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:49 pm

BillPackets wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know of PTs with similar games as PT65-G2? It's an easy sentencing game but with 2 layers.


R u just talking about complex ordering? Cambridge sells a complex ordering packet that's just double layered sequencing. Also idk I didn't really notice many double layered sequencing games in the 40s n 50s but in the more recent PTs 67-on they've been showing up more


I see a ton of double layered sequencing games on the PT's I've been doing lately. I actually think they're pretty simple. I did a triple layered the other day though, which was sorta hard. Definitely not as hard as grouping games or in-out games, imo, just because there are always tons of conditionals


What was the trip? Was it the 1 about dogs, with greyhounds n labs, they're male n female, and ranked

i think so. I also did one where it was the physicians/nurses/sessions. There was one HUGE inference in that game that made it easy. But if you missed it, you're gaped.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:54 pm

GreenTee wrote:Thanks, Bill! How did you do on RC? I really don't think the section was especially challenging. I think I just went temporarily blind and dumb for ~20 mins. Confirm/deny?

I didn't think that RC was too bad I had pretty good section went -0 on that one the last passage tripped me up a bit bc the overall point of the passage (I would say what it is but I'm sure ppl still have PT69 left on the docket don't want to spoil) was kind of concealed it wasn't till like Q24 that I actually realized the causal mechanism that was being discussed

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:55 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:But if you missed it, you're gaped.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Okay, I fixed it. If I get a 169+, I can buy these Oscar de la Renta heels I want. If I don't, then I can't buy anything until my next 169+ PT.

Also this dog has been barking across the way from my apartment for like an entire day now. I'm going to leave this note.

http://s15.postimg.org/nme3qcl63/IMG_20140907_00634.jpg

Sup w your awesome handwriting


Thanks, yo.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Bill please only use that when your fiance is present so that she can call 911 if necessary

So I took 66 today....

RC: -4
LR1: -0
EXP RC 36: -1
LG: -1
LR2: -0

So 176, which is average-ish for me at this point (and not max Bey, so nothing to get excited about.) Annoyed with RC, but very happy that I was able to reason so logically though.

If I could only switch out the EXP with the real thing!

Oh on a side note PT 36 has the RC passage about internet communities. I lolled in the library, and it was awkward.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:50 pm

smccgrey wrote:Bill please only use that when your fiance is present so that she can call 911 if necessary

So I took 66 today....

RC: -4
LR1: -0
EXP RC 36: -1
LG: -1
LR2: -0

So 176, which is average-ish for me at this point (and not max Bey, so nothing to get excited about.) Annoyed with RC, but very happy that I was able to reason so logically though.

If I could only switch out the EXP with the real thing!

Oh on a side note PT 36 has the RC passage about internet communities. I lolled in the library, and it was awkward.


Can I borrow your brain for a few hours? I need to take 65, but I'm soooo sleepy.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:51 pm

sfoglia wrote:Can I borrow your brain for a few hours? I need to take 65, but I'm soooo sleepy.

Sure, but I'm not sure my brain can handle two LSATs in a row! :lol:

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:57 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Can I borrow your brain for a few hours? I need to take 65, but I'm soooo sleepy.

Sure, but I'm not sure my brain can handle two LSATs in a row! :lol:


I have more faith in it than mine right now. Haha!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Everybody is coppin 170s while I've been @ work all day

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Fiancé is present. Currently undergoing tdcs. DARPA accelerated learning montage if u r interested

ETA: nice 176 grey

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Everybody is coppin 170s while I've been @ work all day

when are you taking your next one? I highly recommend eating a ton before you write it. I felt super on the ball up until the point that I graded RC.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:49 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Everybody is coppin 170s while I've been @ work all day

when are you taking your next one? I highly recommend eating a ton before you write it. I felt super on the ball up until the point that I graded RC.


I have Tuesday off so I plan on takin one then. Maybe I'll try that bc a) I love 2 eat b) I love to feel on the ball and c) I haven't graded RC yet

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I have Tuesday off so I plan on takin one then. Maybe I'll try that bc a) I love 2 eat b) I love to feel on the ball and c) I haven't graded RC yet

Image

I ate eggs, bacon, spinach and an almond croissant. and some juice. and then some coffee. was definitely the most I have eaten before a PT. Also the best feeling PT I've written (not best score but least dazed and confused)

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:19 pm

sfoglia wrote:(I was a huge computer geek and started coding my own websites at 9, so I am allowed to make such jokes.)


Sfogs, you're a freaking renaissance woman. Srsly. Also, did you write your note to your neighbor with a quill?

smccgrey wrote:So I took 66 today....


You're amazing.

Off to take Bill's Rx for Assumption family LR.

Whoa, I found a LiveStream of Bill on TLS after tDCS treatment

Image

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:27 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Whoa, I found a LiveStream of Bill on TLS after tDCS treatment

Image

180

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Movie u r my fav poster. Ever.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Movie u r just a really solid poster

Era: omfg bill w the scoop

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:46 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I have Tuesday off so I plan on takin one then. Maybe I'll try that bc a) I love 2 eat b) I love to feel on the ball and c) I haven't graded RC yet

Image

I ate eggs, bacon, spinach and an almond croissant. and some juice. and then some coffee. was definitely the most I have eaten before a PT. Also the best feeling PT I've written (not best score but least dazed and confused)



Grey what's a good gluten free sub for the almond croissant? Also exact juice n concentration? Was the coffee creamed or not?

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
I ate eggs, bacon, spinach and an almond croissant. and some juice. and then some coffee. was definitely the most I have eaten before a PT. Also the best feeling PT I've written (not best score but least dazed and confused)



Grey what's a good gluten free sub for the almond croissant? Also exact juice n concentration? Was the coffee creamed or not?


Important questions. Also, how many eggs for at least minimum Beyonce?

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 4 guests